Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It feels like Marvel is still in a holding pattern waiting for the Cebulski ongoings to roll out. (Even Uncanny X-Men is like Avengers: No Surrender, clearing the decks for the next series.)

Aside from that I can only hope that Avengers 700 turns out to have some backup stories or something to give us a break from the dull central team. Though knowing our luck there will be backup stories but they'll all be about the Prehistoric Avengers.
    Well, there is Shuri and Ironheart. But you're right, not much else. I don't think the next new slate of ongoings will start to roll out until the new year; at that point, we'll see the conclusion of Uncanny X-Men: Disassembled, Infinity Wars, and the Marvel Knights mini that may or may not be leading to spinoffs. They can make all those announcements at NYCC.

I also predict that Cebulski will take even greater pains to avoid having a marketing title attached to the next lines of #1s. You can tell that Marvel was attempting not to have a cutesy title for the summer 2018 ongoings, but "Fresh Start" accidentally caught on because of that promo video. Announcing at NYCC will help to avoid that, I should think. But who knows, they might lean into the seasonal branding even harder now that they see people are going to come up with a name no matter what.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Avengers 10/700 - 700 is a big deal. I hope it lives up to that.
    Black Panther 6 - If "The End of Arc 1" is part of the title, that's a mouthful. That being said, given the way Coates writes, it's helpful to denote the first trade break.
    Life of Captain Marvel 5 - I have my suspicions about this solicit, but I don't want to post them here.
    Daredevil 611 & 612 - Is 612 the end of Soule's run? I wouldn't think so, but it's somewhat solicited that way. It seems every time Matt goes up against Fisk in his run, something shows up.
    Death of the Inhumans 6 - That's the saddest set of covers I've seen in a long time.

Maybe:
    Typhoid Fever: X-Men 1 - I figured I'd check this series out. Mary does have some X-Men connections, but this is really trying fo synergy with Ion Fist Season Two.
    West Coast Avengers 4 - This series seems to get zanier and zanier. I like the connection to the time Tigra got shrunk by Hank Pym, though.

Is Shuri set during the time T'Challa is in space?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Back to nothing form Marvel for me.

Uncanny X-Men 1 (even with the steep price it's only for the first issue and that's a double/triple issue at that.)
    Avengers 700
    X-Men Red 11
    Astonishing X-Men 17
    Extermination 5

Probably trade buy The Return Of Wolverine and Death Of The Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Fantastic Four #649 (yes, I use the legacy number)
    Marvel Two-in-One #12 (curious as to this book's next incarnation)
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #38 (the bestest book Marvel has been putting out)
    Doctor Strange #7 and #8 (you may mock my using legacy numbering selectively, but in a month FF gets a boost and in two months so does Doc)

And I am considering Vision #1 as well.
    Don't be surprised if Vision's solicit is a fakeout. Champions 22 revealed that Vision is dying. So Viv could end up being the main character.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Don't be surprised if Vision's solicit is a fakeout. Champions 22 revealed that Vision is dying. So Viv could end up being the main character.
    I'd be OK with that. I loved Chelsea Cain's Mockingbird and after the high bar King set in his story, it would take a lot for me to revisit the characters.

UNCANNY X-MEN #1-3
    MARVEL KNIGHTS 20th #1-2
    FANTASTIC FOUR #4
    AVENGERS #10 (#700)
    THE VISION #1
    THOR #7
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #5
    TONY STARK: IRON MAN #7
    DOCTOR STRANGE #7 & #8
    RETURN OF WOLVERINE #3
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #17
    X-MEN RED #10

Trade waiting Daredevil

Astonishing Member

DEAD MAN LOGAN #1 (OF 12)
    TYPHOID FEVER: X-MEN #1
    IMMORTAL HULK #8,9.
    RETURN OF WOLVERINE #3

Maybe:
    ASGARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #3 (Depending if i liked the first issue )
    FANTASTIC FOUR #4 (I had not read the first issue yet,so it will depend of how much i liked the first issue)

STAR WARS BY JASON AARON OMNIBUS HC
    Collecting STAR WARS (2015) #1-37, STAR WARS: VADER DOWN, DARTH VADER (2015) #13-15, STAR WARS: THE SCREAMING CITADEL, STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #7-8 and STAR WARS ANNUAL (2015) #1-3.
    1296 PGS./Rated T …$125.00

THE AVENGERS OMNIBUS VOL. 4 HC
    Collecting AVENGERS (1963) #89-119, DAREDEVIL (1964) #99 and DEFENDERS (1972) #8-11.
    856 PGS./Rated T …$100.00

SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Collecting SAVAGE TALES (1971) #1-5 and SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN (1974) #1-12 and SPECIAL (1975) #1.
    1072 PGS./Rated Mature …$100.00

My List:
    Marvel Knights #1 and #2
    Avengers #10/700
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #7
    Doctor Strange #7 and #8
    The Punisher #4
    Hunt for Wolverine: Adamatium Agenda TPB
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-21-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Looks to be another great month!

My regular pulls:
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Daredevil
    Venom
    Immortal Hulk
    Marvel 2 in 1
    Fantastic Four

Probably:
    Marvel Knights- Donny Cates and Daredevil is in it so more than likely.
    Spider-Geddon
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Thoughts:

- That Marvel Knights solicit definitely sounds like a Donny Cates comic.

- Man, the Baxter Building lease seems to jump around quite a bit these days...

- Avengers #700 seems like a standard issue that is getting bumped up to a milestone because of numbering, although it does sound like a book with a lot going on in it, and with Marvel pulling a "every nation now has their own Avengers equivalent" again.

- "Ironheart steps boldly out of Tony Stark’s shadow to forge her own future!" Wasn't that kind of what she was doing before? Although I guess now it's not going to be under Tony's actual title...

- Black Order is in a movie? Of course they get their own comic .

- That's a pretty...interesting roster for a Cosmic Avengers team.

- Few major takeways from that WCA cover: Kate definitely goes commando under her costume, and Quentin and Gwenpoole are going to hookup. I guess they've all got purple in common...

- I'm not really looking forward to the return of brash, dumb, young Thor, but maybe we'll finally see what made him "Worthy," although at this point what defines being Worthy in a Thor comic isn't something I put as much stock in.

- Cap versus an undead Goddess should be interesting.

- So either the Hulk gets loose from Banner's body or it re-forms into him. I'm also guessing Creel gets roped in to fighting him somehow.

- A Girls' Night Out with Jan and Nadia should be fun .

- "But her destiny runs far deeper than she’d dreamed." I smell a retcon...

- That's a very serious Ms. Marvel cover .

- I'm not crazy about the designs for either of those Dr. Strange's on that cover. Both look off.

- "Where are the Inhumans he’s killed?" "Where?" Kinda makes me wonder whether they might not actually be dead...

Uncanny X-Men
    Immortal Hulk

That's it.

I'll probably be getting some select trades (Adamantium Agenda, Star Wars stuff), but I'm absolutely getting the X-23 issue. Can't wait to see how that unfolds.

(No RYV. )
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

The second arc of Avengers run seems like it'll be interesting but I fear we're in for some out of control issue discussion threads like we had during Hickman's run when things centered around Wakanda, BP, Namor and ATlantis for a bit.