Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Omega(Anima) vs Justice League(DCEU)

Can the movieverse Justice League defeat the terror of Gaia?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Tricky one.

The guy operates on a scale a tad above them, given the kind of collateral damage he causes in his fights (going by official Anima rules), his stats, etc. That's not even getting into intangibles such as 'Gnosis'. Is it possible they'll beat Lucifer Omega? I suppose Superman might be able to pull it off, given the sorts of things people have been saying about him hereabouts. Not 100% sure on that, though. Need to go back and look at the rules to try to translate Lucifer into more general terms (ie feats, capabilities, etc). The only thing that's going to be tricky for Omega is speed, and if Clark clocks in somewhere around low-end hypersonic, that's not an issue.

Is Superman beating The Lord of Infinity Omega, if he beats Lucifer and it so happens that the stars align properly to have Omega come wandering back down his invisible flight of stairs? Ugh. Retroactive reality warping, insta-hit/area affecting stuff, soul-erasing attacks, etc. Plus the stats of Lucifer Omega and better techs.

Also, assuming the Justice League fights and manages to beat Lucifer, it's a fair bet that he has whacked a few people by that point. With Longinus. Which means when he pops back up as The Lord of Infinity, he has multiple powers stacked on top of his own. Theirs.

But I'll need to go look the dude up again and try to do some translating. As 'Beings with stats in RPGs', Omega is pretty up there in terms of power. Not the same as one or two the Messengers (I have official stats for them, blah), but still pretty hefty in a game where the top-end people NOT working for the Powers in the Shadows bust mountains and such.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    But I'll need to go look the dude up again and try to do some translating.
    Please do! Those who walked amongst us is a great book. After talking to you about it I have the interest to make some anima fights. But since I never played the system and only know it on a basic level I don't really know how strong they are meant to be.

Not the same as one or two the Messengers
    Are those the C'iel and Gaira dragons? Or Rudraskha?

The Messengers are basically thirteen (I think... from memory... I believe it’s I to XII plus Zero, but it’s been a while) harbingers of the end of days, as assigned by the Church. They’re a horrifying list of world-threatening monstrosities, demons, dark gods etc.

If one of them is killed, the Church simply re-assigns that number to another threat.

But they’re pretty crazy powerful.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

So I'm going purely from what I've seen on this board for DCEU Superman here. Now... *looks at the stats of Omega's forms* wait do none of his forms have char aug? Oooor magic, as far as I can see. So he's got no means of self-buffing just from taking a cursory glance at his stats, which means he's going at base stats. Anima is a little tricky because it's not hard to demonstrate that characters are capable of lightspeed or even FTL parrying, so long as they have the ability to parry AoE (there's a Light AoE that explicitly expands at the speed of light and requires FTL movement to be able to dodge it), buuut at the same time, based on how Anima defines agility, he's almost certainly much much slower than Superman, and Superman almost certainly qualifies as gnosis 25 (which makes Superman a BBW), which is high enough to kill a gnosis 40. Defense and attack abilities muddy this up though, because in his Lord of Infinity form, Omega has them pretty high and they count for a lot. On the other hand, lack of self buffing makes that... a lot less impressive, especially since he is still low enough that he's not easily hitting Zen on either (he has a physical exemption, so he can't burn fatigue). Regeneration 17 is sexy, but it's about two points too low to be suuuper useful here.

I read it thusly: If you believe that his attack/defense values combined with the general tone of high level anima mean that he can fight at Superman's level of speed despite not being able to actually move that fast, then this is a marathon that either Lord of Infinity or Lucifer will win. Otherwise, Superman should very rapidly crush him.

To be fair though, I'm not looking up all the weird magnuses he has because I don't think they'll matter overmuch.

Edit: To put him in context, it is noooot very difficult to build say, a level 10 mage in Anima, who can just walk up to Lord of Infinity and go "high I'm a PC and I just froze time to spend three rounds buffing myself and then shot you with two thousand light beams (actual number is more like 100, for reference). Good luck with that"

Edit 2: I see you have to specifically do Energy AT damage to hurt him, it's not just a physical immunity. Best bet is Superman going for a 10 count on Lucifer then, I suppose. Although it's possible he'd count as light based given the nature of his powers, I guess.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-21-2018 at 09:06 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Please do! Those who walked amongst us is a great book. After talking to you about it I have the interest to make some anima fights. But since I never played the system and only know it on a basic level I don't really know how strong they are meant to be.

Are those the C'iel and Gaira dragons? Or Rudraskha?
    My pleasure. To preface, part of the problem is translating Game Mechanics into actual 'feats' or capacity, if you get my drift. Fortunately, Anima has some feats for high-end people that can be used in a comparative way, as well as actually putting descriptions and details to SOME of their stats that are translatable into non-game terms.

One just needs to know the fluff, to some extent.

As noted by Beadle, it's a group of really powerful beings earmarked by the Church as harbingers of the end. Most of them would get steamrolled by Omega. However, some of them can match him, and there are at least two who could flat-out end him.

So, okay. Regarding Omega.

First of all, I need to know where DCEU Superman tops out in speed. See, Omega is running at the point where his reaction speed (Dexterity) is a bare step below the actual movement speed (Agility) of people who can be 'anywhere in the world, instantly', they would be that fast. Additionally, he's notably superior to a guy (Kisidan) who trains in a room with hypersonic railguns firing at him. Kisidan parries their shots - it's TRAINING for him, and he's not on Omega's level.

Omega is capable of parrying nuclear explosions, speedwise (ridiculous as this sounds, he can do this in-game).

So, he's plenty fast.

Most of this is extrapolated from his stats. Attack/Defend stats in Anima are absolutely linked with speed as well as skill, and Omega's attack/defend stats are ridiculous. People who fight invisibly are garbage to him, statwise. He has techniques that allow him to hit someone about 2000 times in a second. That sort of thing.

Given that someone who is quite inferior to him trains with hypersonic railguns, and that Omega himself is capable of reacting to nuclear explosions going off in his face (not well, but he can, and nuclear explosiosn 100' from him, he easily reacts to and parries, so there's that), I'm iffy on Clark having any kind of speed advantage over him if Movie-Clark isn't in the lightspeed range. Maybe he is. I don't know.

The Lord of the Infinite also uses attacks that bypass conventional forms of protection, hitting people inside their bodies with a god-killing weapon that ignores special protective abilities to some extent (and before 'all gods are not created equal', Anima gods tend to be ridiculously powerful beings capable of reality warping, shrugging off damage from people who blow up cities, true immortality - you can't really kill them, just make them go away, that sort of thing).

Basically, WITHOUT getting into his special techniques, he's a good match for Clark.

Getting into his special techniques, he has stuff where he attacks everything within like...a mile of him or something with his superweapon. Protections that bolster his already ridiculous protective abilities to simply stupid levels. Speed increases. Etc.

Speaking of his protective techniques, he's fully capable of reacting to and parrying pretty much everything people can throw at him here. Amusingly, he also has existential barriers that literally prevent him from being injured past a certain point in a given amount of time, unless the being attacking him has the spiritual presence to ignore them (or, to avoid no limit fallacy, busts out more damage than Anima characters can do, which easily tops out at greater than busting mountains, so I'm thinking they'll apply to the movie-JLA). Said spiritual presence must be greater than Omega's, himself, so....

To clarify how this works, the spiritual presence thing has less to do with 'Power level' and is a more existential idea. In this case, Diana (child of a god) would likely have greater Gnosis than Clark would. To note, someone with Omega's level of spiritual presence is 'essentially a great power who has no ties to earthly or spiritual world. He controls the small events of existence as he wishes, molding the nature of things and unfolding minor events'. That's not Omega's specific power, that's something that ANY being on his level of Gnosis is. Unless someone is actually higher than that -- people controlling reality itself simply by dint of what they are, people who can bestow power upon other worshippers, wander between worlds, etc -- they can't ignore his existential barriers (or other abilities, of which there are a lot).

Otherwise, Bitvyper hit a lot of the salient points. Just using his base stats and comparing him to other, really powerful Anima characters who DO have feats, Omega should be able to fight Clark just fine.

...that's not adding in his special abilities, techniques, etc, which then give him a sizeable advantage on poor Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    To be fair though, I'm not looking up all the weird magnuses he has because I don't think they'll matter overmuch.
    One of them allows him to retroactively say 'Nope, that didn't happen, let's rewind and try again'. He can't do that endlessly or often, but it's there. It also allows for a STRONG amount of probability manipulation, which is a bugger to deal with. His various Dominion techs allow him better defenses, speed, attacks against the soul, massive area-affecting attacks, etc.

Edit: To put him in context, it is noooot very difficult to build say, a level 10 mage in Anima, who can just walk up to Lord of Infinity and go "high I'm a PC and I just froze time to spend three rounds buffing myself and then shot you with two thousand light beams (actual number is more like 100, for reference). Good luck with that"
    Omega grins, says 'Yes, and the first one is the only one that actually hurts me because I have that neat little ability that says you can only hurt me ONCE with the same effect, ever, and then it's useless after that, and even if that first light beam isn't parried [it will be] and causes enough damage to destroy me [it won't] you don't get past my existential barrier seeing as you don't have a 45 Gnosis.'

He then ganks the mage instantly with Longinus.

There's a LOT of stuff that simply doesn't work on Omega because of the ridiculous special abilities and defenses that the game designers gave him.

Fun stuff: the absolute best way I've seen people come up with to deal with him involved using a maxed out Sweep From The Heavens, followed by a lot of **** that involves massive prep solely against Omega, and also includes the handwaving of Sweep From The Heavens continuing to function after Lucifer disappears, transforms, and comes back as the Lord of the Infinite. Granted, one might go either way with that.

Also a lot of people are needed to help that mage.

I mean, the dude isn't unkillable. Anyone can come up with a super-high-level tricked out, prepped group who can kill Omega. It's noted that Kisidan, Nerelas, and Kagome working together (hah!) would stand a very good chance of beating base form Omega. Really good Jürgand squads can maybe beat him. Jürgand Patriarchs flat-out beat him, as does Brinigus and likely Ergo Mundus. Similarly Nemesis and Lazarus, both of whom would likely crap all over him.

I'm 100% sure a good party of ridonkulously high level PC's, doing the usual PC min-maxing and prep for a being they've researched, wouldn't have a problem.

But he's not an easy target. And this is BASE level Omega.

I mean...why is Imperium so worried about him (beyond the fact that his very existence would be a sore point to all of the other Powers in the Shadows as it would give away some of their more dumb plans to them if they found out)?

Because if Omega -- a supergenius creature with one hell of an axe to grind -- gets free, one option for him is to do something like, oh, immediately run off, find someone powerful like Matthew Gaul, and kill them with Longinus. As well as whichever Arbiters Gaul happens to have close by (and no, I'm none too sanguine on Gaul and a couple of arbiters pulling off something that would take Kisidan, Kagome, and Nerelas to manage).

Bang. Omega now has the Gift, thanks to Longinus, as well as sundry other special powers stolen from Gaul and his boys.

Next up, Kisidan. Faced with Omega sporting new powers to boot, Kisidan folds like wet-tissue paper. Bang. Omega now has even more power (I'm picturing Omega with The Awakening, and it's not a pretty sight, especially given his 19 Power).

And so forth.

If he isn't stopped QUICKLY, Omega rapidly becomes something nobody can handle (except maybe one of the Lazarus-types).

So, the argument might be 'how does Omega know to do this? Who to hit, where they are, etc?'

Because he's....

1. A supergenius on a level our world has never seen;
    2. Been sending his 'Shadow' out in the world to check things out for a while, now.

...why Imperium didn't just kill him, I have no idea. But noooo, they probably have some dumb plan to 'use' him in the future. Or as the culmination of their Pillar of Souls plan (wait until it's almost finished, give the next-to-final weapon to a Patriarch, have the Patriarch kill Omega...WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?).
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-22-2018 at 05:06 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Omega grins, says 'Yes, and the first one is the only one that actually hurts me because I have that neat little ability that says you can only hurt me ONCE with the same effect, ever, and then it's useless after that, and even if that first light beam isn't parried [it will be] and causes enough damage to destroy me [it won't] you don't get past my existential barrier seeing as you don't have a 45 Gnosis.'
    This can most likely be overcome with enough magic, which is ridiculously easy to have. Oh wait, there's a line that says if you do multiple attacks, it doesn't count until the sequence finishes. Destruction spheres then. I'm not seeing where you need gnosis 45 to touch the guy, but even that can be accomplished, though it'd take a bit more work. The general gnosis rule is you can't be more than 15 gnosis below the thing you want to kill.

Dex 19 does not imply anything close to Agi 20 speed. 19 in a stat to 20 in a stat is going from "really good" to "what the game defines as infinite." For example, at 19 agi, you move 5 miles per second; at 20, you move, most likely (based on Holocaust of Light's wording), faster than light.

and even if that first light beam isn't parried [it will be]
    That's not as likely as you may think. Again, it's really easy for a mage to just step outside time and cast every buff in the game and also create a monstrosity with maxed dex, skewed to attack projection and fuse with it if they're willing to blow a shitload of zeon (and since you can make zeon containers or have create beings to sit on your shoulder and fill you back up as fast as they can accumulate, this isn't a huge deal), and fatigue cycle to be hitting close to 400 or even higher. Also maintaining flight at the highest value you can for the passive bonuses.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-22-2018 at 05:45 AM.

This can most likely be overcome with enough magic, which is ridiculously easy to have. I'm not seeing where you need gnosis 45 to touch the guy, but even that can be accomplished, though it'd take a bit more work.
    You need Gnosis 45 to breach the existential barrier that says 'No, you cannot do more than 200 points damage to him, regardless, every round. It's impossible'. Not saying they can't touch the guy, but unless they have Gnosis 45 -- or use magic like Sweep from the Heavens to eliminate Omega's massive Gnosis -- they cannot do more damage than 200 points. That's the rule from his description.

And then there's the fact that, again, without a higher Gnosis than Omega, you only get a specific spell/technique/whatever to damage him...once. After that, the same mage can cast Light Beam until the cows come home, and it's not going to do anything.

Existential Barrier is something that's in Those Who Walk Among Us; Omega isn't the only being to have that. But that second one? It's exclusive to Omega's description.

Dex 19 does not imply anything close to Agi 20 speed. 19 in a stat to 20 in a stat is going from "really good" to "what the game defines as infinite." For example, at 19 agi, you move 5 miles per second; at 20, you move, most likely (based on Holocaust of Light's wording), faster than light.
    Which is why I'm totally cool with Dex 19 and the scads of other things he has giving him the ability to deal with hypersonic people. Nowhere did I mention he can handle Lightspeed. In fact, I pointed out that based on his stats and feats, he can't.

Between a Dexterity equal to the Agility of a dude who is travelling Mach 26 and the other stuff, I don't have a problem with Hypersonic.

That's not as likely as you may think. Again, it's really easy for a mage to just step outside time and cast every buff in the game and also create a monstrosity with maxed dex, skewed to attack projection and fuse with it if they're willing to blow a shitload of zeon (and since you can make zeon containers or have create beings to sit on your shoulder and fill you back up as fast as they can accumulate, this isn't a huge deal), and fatigue cycle to be hitting close to 400 or even higher. Also maintaining flight at the highest value you can for the passive bonuses.
    Which is true, yes (somewhat of an exaggeration for 'every buff in the game', for a 10th level mage, and if he's using metamagic to do so he has...what, 2 rounds? Maybe 5?). In which case they're maybe hitting him with a Light Beam, only his Defence STARTS at 350 + Longinus (20) + whatever else he decides to use for a defensive bonus, which...he doesn't need. Because a light beam that maybe hits close to 400 or even higher isn't really hurting a guy who is starting at 370 himself without using Techniques. Or other stuff.

And it's only one Light Beam, because the other 399 bounce.

Now, it's Omega's turn (edit: assuming he didn't actually go first, having an initiative well-above a 10th level mage's as well as techs allowing him to add a truly massive bonus to said initiative).

My point, again, isn't that Omega is unkillable. I've openly stated that....

1. He's not the most potent thing in the books;
    2. There are people below the most potent who can take him;
    3. There are certainly player characters who, with proper prep and being really high level, can take him out;
    4. People have come up with plans to beat him (usually relying to start with on Sweep From The Heavens).

What I am saying is that a 10th level mage stepping outside of time for a few rounds of prep is not one of those people. And Omega is doing what during this time?

If the mage is using Spiritual Loop (Metamagic) to do so, The Lord of Infinity is actually beating him over the head with Longinus through all of this timeless Prep, because entities with a Gnosis of 40 or higher ignore spiritual loop (says so right in the description).

...it's worth noting that his Gnosis 40 allows him to ignore all kinds of things like this; Time Magic, for example. Almost every single spell on that list says 'Yep, doesn't work on beings with Gnosis 40 or higher'. In fact, one will find an awful lot of things in the rules don't work against beings with Gnosis 40 or higher. Again, why Sweep From The Heavens is so critical to a plan that doesn't involve a group that's simply powerful enough to beat him up.

This sort of thing used to come up on the forums. We had multi-page threads with people coming up with 'Ways to Kill Omega', including stuff like 'My <<15th level character could...' And the vast majority of these simply got shot down (not by me, but other, more knowledgeable people), because people ignored certain aspects of Omega's character, or assumed he would just stand there and allow them to do what they were doing, or forgot about specific thing (like Spiritual Loop not actually working on Omega), or having Omega not defend himself (heck, Sweep from the Heavens even runs into this -- Omega certainly has a shot at simply swatting the spell out of the air).
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-22-2018 at 06:43 AM.
    Why are we here?

Firstly, I really, REALLY need to find a way of getting hold of a copy of Those Who Walked Past My Cat.

I thought Agi 19 was movement of 300 miles per turn (or 100 miles per second), not 5 miles per second.

Granted, that’s a long way from the 186,000-ish miles per second of light speed.

Bitvyper is correct -- it's 15 miles per turn, or 5 miles per second.

Which is still Mach 26, or hypersonic.
    Why are we here?

I'm looking at the PDF of Those Who Walked Past My Cat right now.

It's pretty amusing that Omaga isn't even the most horrifying thing in THIS book (Rudraskha gives him a run for his money, is potentially worse depending on how people approach it). I don't have a copy of my Perfect World book with me right now, but I'm betting that an unsealed Ergo Mundus pretty handily beats Omega, him being an 18th level Warlock, Gnosis 40, with ridiculous special powers as well.

Bringreus (proper spelling, apologies) is supposedly some kind of special Noth, also likely level 18, which would mean bye-bye Omega (Noth 'We ignore special defense' powers trump 'We have impossible-to-ignore special defense powers' in Anima, especially when they are Gnosis-dependant). We don't have official stats for him, but based on that much I don't like Omega's odds.

Patriarchs are level 17-18...Warlocks or Tao or Warriors or Technicians, probably Protodeus, and loaded to the teeth with various Imperium augmentations and their best equipment (Soul Weapon that says 'screw you Gnosis and special Gnosis defenses!', Patriarch-level Jürganeth, etc).

All of this group shouldn't have any problem with beating up Omega.

Then there's Lazarus, Eljared (gone, but let's include her) and Nemesis, who have feats like 'Treat Imperium Squad like a joke', and 'Monster all over Eljared's New Conclave like IT was a joke, when the New Conclave had prep', and that kind of thing. Any of those three should be able to deal with Omega, all of them likely having Gnosis around 40 as well.

Edit: Perfect World Book is an amusing exercise in 'High Level Anima stuff', I will say.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-22-2018 at 06:50 AM.
    Why are we here?

Bitvyper makes an interesting point regarding 'Absolute knowledge', where it's 'techniques/spells that are composed of multiple attacks count as one technique'. So yeah, Destruction Spheres would work once...but still wouldn't breach his existential barrier (Absolute Existence in his writeup). One might manage to dish out 200 damage (assuming all spheres hit doing sufficient damage to pull this off), and that's all.

Meanwhile, again, Omega still ignores stuff like 'Spiritual Loop'.
    Why are we here?

15 miles per turn, unless an exxet changed it, but I don’t have the books on me just now so I can’t confirm.

Can you confirm the text of the line in spiritual loop about gnosis? If it doesn’t apply to beings of equal or greater gnosis, we can get around it, otherwise, yes we need a bit of prep before the fight, so it won’t work in an arena setting. IF we get say 15 seconds of lead on the fight though, yeah we’re running at equal or better abilities,and we can cheat his barrier by (expensively) cycling through fusions while a create being fills our zeon for as long as it can survive, which skewing something for accumulation and survival is not hard. I will note that I am assuming, at minimum, a power bonus magic item to make the spells cheaper, as like, not having one is like a dnd character not having a cloak of resistance.

All gnosis stuff can be overcome by just being geared as a character at this level ought to be, as by level 10 you’re meant to be carrying concept weapons and fighting high gnosis beings; level 10 is generally Anima’s level 20.

Anyway, I’ll concede that the initial plan wouldn’t work and I don’t have books with me to look through right now, but overall, it is absolutely possible to burst at or above his level for a 10th level character. Which makes sense because they don’t make these things to be unbeatable, and getting those numbers is the minimum required to fight the guy. Additionally, magic can cheat almost anything in anima, which makes the REALLY scary thing nemesis fields, because suddenly all your dailies are gone and you need 200 zeon to get one measly destruction sphere out.

Edit: I should also admit that I am assuming a healthy dose of daily maintained spells in this scenario, because it’s insane not to have them, and if you’re considering fighting an apocalyptic superbeing, you’re not too worried about the inquisition.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-22-2018 at 07:01 AM.

15 miles per turn, unless an exxet changed it, but I don’t have the books on me just now so I can’t confirm.
    You are correct! ^_^

Can you confirm the text of the line in spiritual loop about gnosis? If it doesn’t apply to beings of equal or greater gnosis, we can get around it, otherwise, yes we need a bit of prep before the fight, so it won’t work in an arena setting.
    Requires Gnosis 45 to function against him.

Now, I don't know any way of getting Gnosis 45. Suffice to say, it has been tried many a time on the forum, and every time shot down. The CLOSEST I've seen is someone using Chimera and Dark Ascension and Light Ascension, with requires some really interesting manipulation of the rules and ignoring the fact that one can't stack bonuses like that (and someone capable of casting the Ascensions to start with...). Or having a buddy use Dark Ascension on them, which again...requires a buddy capable of casting divine magic. Which would require a node, or a buddy who happens to be a Gnosis 45 God-being. In which case we're not exactly talking bog-standard 10th level person, but someone who has been given some pretty amazing gimmies by their GM.

Try Sweep from the Heavens. It works better. ^_^

IF we get say 15 seconds of lead on the fight though, yeah we’re running at equal or better abilities,and we can cheat his barrier by (expensively) cycling through fusions while a create being fills our zeon for as long as it can survive, which skewing something for accumulation and survival is not hard. I will note that I am assuming, at minimum, a power bonus magic item to make the spells cheaper, as like, not having one is like a dnd character not having a cloak of resistance.
    This is one of the reasons I detest the Magic Item book. Heck, the writer even said it wasn't planned, it violated his view of the spirit of the game, and that he only wrote it because there was such an outcry for one. It leads to magic items being as plentiful as they are in D&D, which...wasn't the point. Anima was supposed to be a magic-rare world, where people just didn't make this stuff on a whim.

But sure, it's rules, so why not have a player with a bunch of items?

All gnosis stuff can be overcome by just being geared as a character at this level ought to be, aaa by level 10 you’re meant to be carrying concept weapons and fighting high gnosis beings; level 10 is generally Anima’s level 20.
    What weapons? I mean, seriously - there's nothing it the rules like in D&D where it says 'Hey, at this level you should have X number of items, one of them should be a pillar of souls, or whatever'. Level 10 might be D&D's level 20, but it doesn't translate when it comes to magical items and god-slaying weaponry, necessarily.

And Gnosis 40 isn't just 'High Gnoiss'. It's Gnosis on the level of the top beings in Anima, not the level 10-12 things. I mean...the Dragons of Gaira and C'iel 'only' have 35. 35 is where pretty much everything meant to be fought tops out. 40 is...ugh. The only thing past that is 45, and we're closing in on the Beryls and Shajads at that point.

We have to go to the Sleepers, the Aeons (high-end ones), the top-end Messenger-types (like, the top two or three), that sort of thing, and those aren't meant to be threats for level 10 people.

But we can go with that if one wants.

Now, said weapons don't often have 'Ignores Gnosis' or 'Ignores Gnosis-based protections' as their benefits. It's a serious thing that Imperium views such weapons as a really big issue, and carefully makes them, and only gives them to their best people, and the fact that Kagome has stolen one and views it as one of his greatest items is right there in the rules. Kisidan (their top Godkiller) has one, but keeps it hidden and doesn't really use it. Nerelas has a Pillar of Souls. But these are three of the top people actually active on the planet, and these items they have are considered incredible rarities.

Anyway, I’ll concede that the initial plan wouldn’t work and I don’t have books with me to look through right now, but overall, it is absolutely possible to burst at or above his level for a 10th level character. Which makes sense because they don’t make these things to be unbeatable, and getting those numbers is the minimum required to fight the guy. Additionally, magic can cheat almost anything in anima, which makes the REALLY scary thing nemesis fields, because suddenly all your dailies are gone and you need 200 zeon to get one measly destruction sphere out.
    Zero disagreement, here. It's possible to hit above your level in Anima, no doubt. I'm...rather iffy on a 10th level person being capable of dealing with Omega, mind. I can see a properly set up group of level 13s managing to prep and take out this level 16, made to be insanely powerful with multiple forms you need to fight monstrosity.

Level 10...barring that person coming tricked out with all manner of ridiculous artifact weapons, which sort of means it's their weapons that are doing it, not the 10th level dude (and requires a bit of a gimme, given there aren't any real rules for 'at this level you have this many level 4 artifacts'), I'm not sold on that.

But mileage, it may vary.

And, again, Omega...not meant to be unbeatable. And not nearly the toughest thing around in the Anima world.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-22-2018 at 07:10 AM.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Bitvyper is correct -- it's 15 miles per turn, or 5 miles per second.

Which is still Mach 26, or hypersonic.
    That's extremely fast.

Superman moves at speeds that make Wonder Woman appear to be a frozen statue in comparison. She herself is a very high end bullet timer. Where do we figure that puts Clark??
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure