Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation How long before Disney makes an Avengers vs X-men film?

Is this inevitable? How huge would this be? 🤔

I believe it is only a matter of time. 5 years? 7 years? 10 years?

Now that Disney holds the rights nothing can stop them.

Think about it we’ve had hero vs hero fights in all the franchise crossover films.
    Avengers, Avengers 2, Captain America Civil War, Avengers 3

This is practically a marvel staple.

Would you be interested in seeing this film? Do you think it will do well (like every other Marvel Movie)?

Than we can have a sequel featuring Scarlet Witch 😏
    The J-man

10 years.

In 10 years.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

pleasenobendispleasenobendispleasenobendisplease

Boisterously Confused

Probably not too long. 1-2 movies to introduce the X-Men, then an excuse for the Avengers to hunt them down.

If they do, it would be significantly less godawful than the comic. Granted, that’s not a high bar to reach. But I’m sure they’ll hurdle it with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    If they do, it would be significantly less godawful than the comic. Granted, that’s not a high bar to reach. But I’m sure they’ll hurdle it with ease
    I agree. Look what they did with Civil War. Also characters won't have all the baggage and connections that they technically had in the comics. The story will be a far more sensible adaptation from the comics if and when it happens.
    The J-man

5 - 7 years. I wanna say 5 easy.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Whenever Marvel decides to adapt the a Phoenix saga storyline to the big screen. This time, instead of the X-Men getting stomped out by some super powered bird people, they'll just have them protecting Jean/whichever ever phoenix host they happen to use from the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Is this inevitable? How huge would this be? ��

I believe it is only a matter of time. 5 years? 7 years? 10 years?

Now that Disney holds the rights nothing can stop them.

Think about it we’ve had hero vs hero fights in all the franchise crossover films.
    Avengers, Avengers 2, Captain America Civil War, Avengers 3

This is practically a marvel staple.

Would you be interested in seeing this film? Do you think it will do well (like every other Marvel Movie)?

Than we can have a sequel featuring Scarlet Witch ��
    What are you talking about? Only Civil War is hero vs hero movie. Little fights here and there don't count, that's the staple of superheroes meeting each other, not just Marvel.

Ugh, no. Heroes vs heroes is fun for a one-off (like Civil War), but I'd rather an Avengers/X-Men crossover be a team-up than a vs. It would, however, be fun to see someone like Wolvie pick a tussle with one of the Avengers (say Hulk or Hawkeye) just for shoots and googles.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think AVX will be an equal to Civil War for the MCU, acting as a means of seeing the two teams interact for the first time and show their conflicting standpoints. I would suspect that the Phoenix wouldn't be the catalyst for the conflict though. More likely something like the position of Magneto who the Avengers are trying to bring down and the X-Men opposing them, think Mags needs to be dealt with differently. It would also be a good place after maybe involving anti-mutant sentiment in a couple of earlier X-Men centered films or shows to reintroduce the Sentinels, possibly even having Bastion in the background.

Having the two teams at odds first makes an eventual team up (with the Fantastic Four and GOTG acting as mediators) in a Onslaught or Secret Wars movie all the better.

I imagine it will be very different from the comics but have some general similarities. I just like the fact that the two sides won't know each other in the comics so it'll probably be a little more believable for me.

I wonder if Marvel will push for this or Secret Invasion first. They might do Secret Invasion if they want to introduce the Fantastic Four before the X-men

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    What are you talking about? Only Civil War is hero vs hero movie. Little fights here and there don't count, that's the staple of superheroes meeting each other, not just Marvel.
    As I said we've had hero vs hero fights in all the cross franchise films. It's a Marvel staple. Marvel's really the only successful big screen cinematic example. You can bring in DC if you want but thats a great case to make.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Atleast 5 years if it's like the 90s version it won't be bad. But CW movie was a big improvement over the comic but I think ga would rather see hero vs villain movies.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I also wouldn't be surprised if the inevitable Secret War movie will be the first time both teams properly meet the other.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Whenever Marvel decides to adapt the a Phoenix saga storyline to the big screen. This time, instead of the X-Men getting stomped out by some super powered bird people, they'll just have them protecting Jean/whichever ever phoenix host they happen to use from the Avengers.
    Maybe, but The Phoenix isn't anymore essential to adapting AVX than The Initiative was to adapting Civil War. The X-Men are tailor-made for getting labeled as terrorists by a government with the authority to sic The Avengers on them.

Note, I'm not saying this makes for a good film, just that you don't have to have The Phoenix in play to adapt it.