Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default My Hero Academia Appreciation 2018

wp1874080.jpg

This is currently probably my favorite manga/comic on the market right now. It is probably one of the more popular Anime out right now so I figured it would be cool to have thread where you can talk about the Manga and Anime. Since I want there to be talk about the current Manga issue and speculation on the Manga. Then it would fairly annoying to have put spoiler tags on tons of stuff so this thread will be Anime spoiling zone. So fair warning to Anime only fans who might be reading this thread. So if you love the Manga,Anime and the spinoff Vigilante: My Hero Academia Illegals join in the topic

0009327_boku-no-hero-academia-character-pos-collection-set.jpg

It's how the best super hero comic out there right now isn't from DC or Mavel its MHA
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I think it is obvious by my current name, avatar and signature that I love My Hero Academia.

It is full of Shonen tropes, but it executes them so well that it is not really an issue. It has a great cast of characters, fantastic action and it is funny and that sense of humour shines through.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Extraordinary Member

I totally love this series.

Deku is a great main character and I love how the author handles the supporting cast as well, this is the first manga where I remember the entire class instead of just a handful of the characters. And I really appreciate how various different aspects of heroism are explored.

I'm really enjoying the current arc in the manga. It's great to see what class B can do, and I've been wanting to see Shinso make a reappearance for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I've been wanting to see Shinso make a reappearance for quite some time now.
    Me too. I think a lot of fans wanted him to make a reappearance and to be put on the hero course. I think this is down to the fact that Horikoshi made Shinso an interesting and sympathetic character.

Making his characters interesting and sympathetic (even most of the main villain characters) is something Horikoshi does well.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Me too. I think a lot of fans wanted him to make a reappearance and to be put on the hero course. I think this is down to the fact that Horikoshi made Shinso an interesting and sympathetic character.

Making his characters interesting and sympathetic (even most of the main villain characters) is something Horikoshi does well.
    True.

I don't think that Shinso will get into the hero course after this arc though. This is more like a trial run for him. He will get to get a feel for how tough the course really is, and Aizawa will get to see how well his training has worked.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I enjoy a lot with this series. Deku is a neat hybrid of Batman intelligence/strategy and being MHA's future Superman-type hero while being a fanboy teenager. The supporting characters have their own moments to shine. I like how almost every power comes with's its own drawbacks too. And All Might just so inspirational both with his fights and his later commitment to be a better teacher.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

I will Repeat what I said on the Anime Discuusion II Thread here as well and Glad to be in the Fandom!

I recently Got Into MHA just in the Last Few Months & I am SO GLAD I did! =D

I was only watching 1-3 weekend dub episode when Toonami premired it on Saturday nights and I was starting to enjoy it, but after I think episode 2 or 3 right on Mothers Day weekend is when I Really got into the show and I could not wait any longer to see more of it!

So for the rest of that week I Binge-Watch ALL the episodes that had come out up to that point on Hulu, 1st all the Dubs then the rest in Sub format and I soon become a Fan of the Show easy!

I totally now get why this show is so love and as a Comic Book fan I Greatly Appreciated its take in Anime Form on the Pure Concepts and RE-Imaginings of a World of Heroes and where most people have special skills, looks or powers and how it goes about like that.

The show easily was about Izuku Midoriya and his story to prove he deserves to be a Hero and in the School for the 1st few episodes, but what the show has done so well is that it has made a Well Balanced Cast of of the other studies as well as other characters to fell it is more then just about 1-3 leads, which I feel such a large and well balanced cast is the shows Greatest Strenght!

So I am to Loyal Weekly fan of MHA as well and really I am hung-up on how they ended the Liceance examples, makes me want now more to see next weekend! ;-)

I have allot of Comics to catch-up with reading, but if I get time MHA Manga is on the Need to Read for Manga I am thinking about getting into as well, but for Now I am caught up on the Anime.

Also, My Favorite MHA Character is Tsuyu Asui/Froppy!

Last edited by CJStriker; 09-02-2018 at 06:11 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

True.

I don't think that Shinso will get into the hero course after this arc though. This is more like a trial run for him. He will get to get a feel for how tough the course really is, and Aizawa will get to see how well his training has worked.
    That is a good point. He is only applying for the hero course right now.

I think he is going to get in by the end of this arc (or why would it be a plot point).

True.

Shinso is very popular character in the fan votes, I think he ends in 1-B when this arc is over. I think they want to use him in the same way Tōshirō Hitsugaya in Bleach show up more.

Here to give my love to this series. Deku, Tsuyu, Kaminari, and All Might are my faves.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I think he is going to get in by the end of this arc (or why would it be a plot point).
    One point in bringing him back might be to have Izuku contact the previous OFA-inheritors, since Shinso's quirk is sort of what caused Izuku to make the first contact with them. Izuku seems to have considered that as well.

Or it's just to give the readers an update on Shinso's status.

I would certainly like it if Shinso got accepted into the class after this mini arc. But I don't think it'll happen. Horikoshi does take a slower pace with certain plots, and I think this is one of them. It could be that Shinso gets to train with class A and B more regularly after this though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Shinso is very popular character in the fan votes, I think he ends in 1-B when this arc is over. I think they want to use him in the same way Tōshirō Hitsugaya in Bleach show up more.
    Interesting comparisson. Mind elaborating on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Here to give my love to this series. Deku, Tsuyu, Kaminari, and All Might are my faves.
    Ooh.

If I had to list my favourites so far it would be Deku, All Might, Todoroki, Jiro, Ochako and Suneater.

One point in bringing him back might be to have Izuku contact the previous OFA-inheritors, since Shinso's quirk is sort of what caused Izuku to make the first contact with them. Izuku seems to have considered that as well.

Or it's just to give the readers an update on Shinso's status.

I would certainly like it if Shinso got accepted into the class after this mini arc. But I don't think it'll happen. Horikoshi does take a slower pace with certain plots, and I think this is one of them. It could be that Shinso gets to train with class A and B more regularly after this though.
    I think it will be for both. There are many other ways that Shinso could have been re-introduced if he is being introduced just to further the One-for-All dream sequence plotline. I think Shinso training with classes A and B are A test to see if he is is ready to be in the hero course and I think at the end he prove that he is ready and get in.

Of course, this is an ongoing story, so I don't know if I am right, but that is where I think it is going.

Interesting comparisson. Mind elaborating on it?
    Polls are good feedback of what direction to go and what characters to use. Hitsugaya was popular in Bleach and he started to show up more in storylines. Shinso is amazingly popular for someone who hasn't shown up in much stories and I think they understand his value as a more of a main character. You might be right about him not making the hero class but I think they will find use for him even if he isn't in the class. I think putting him Class B is good way of letting him show up more but not having him always around

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    My Hero Academia makes all the American superhero comic books look crappy.
    Not really Hero Academia couldn't do what it does without the existence of American comics to be contrast and it is kinda easy when you have the blueprint of what to do and what not do. And some point Hero Academy will pick up the issues of American comics if it is around long enough. Continuity and having no end in sight screws up a lot of things in American comics.