Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Waiting once a week isn't bad, I am hoping that they turn vigilantes into anime then alternate between them. Also this one of the few anime i would actually want to see fillers from they are so many characters that aren't going to get attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Waiting once a week isn't bad, I am hoping that they turn vigilantes into anime then alternate between them. Also this one of the few anime i would actually want to see fillers from they are so many characters that aren't going to get attention.
    I need SOMETHING about Snipe.

Extraordinary Member

Aww, team Yaomomo got their asses kicked. Good quick thinking on Momo's part though, and Tokoyami did really well too, unfortunately Komori's secret weapon was too brutal for him.

Cool match though, it was up in the air for quite some time and it's nice that class B can get a win in every now and again.

The next three matches are going to be interesting. Each one includes on of class 1A's strongest students (Todoroki, Bakugo and Deku respectively) and I suspect that each class will get one win each before the final match.

Surprised team Momo got swept, though Momo did a commendable job. Class B really did need a decisive win, especially for Kendo since she's essentially Class B's leader.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member

A breather chapter between team matches. We get some nice interactions here.

Bakugo wants in on Deku's Dad Might mentoring time. Tokoyami feels kinship with Todoroki due to them interning with the top two heroes. Iida is excited since his borther is feeling better. Tetsutetsu just wants to go straight at it. This match might just become a straight up brawl.

And we get more hints that Dabi is in fact the missing Touya Todoroki.

Lots of good bits of character development (especially in the Bakugo/All Might/Deku camp) and little Hatsume comics, who could ask for more?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

So I've been hearing about this a lot latterly but don't really know much about it.

Can anybody que me into what's it about and how can I find it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    So I've been hearing about this a lot latterly but don't really know much about it.

The basic premise is that a few generations ago people started developing super powers, heralded by the birth of a brightly glowing baby. Flash forward some time to when 80% of the population of earth have some form of super power (commonly referred to as a quirk) and the dream of becoming a super hero is no longer a dream, it's an occupation. But to become a super hero you need to certified, to become certified you need to be trained and the best way to be trained is to go to a super hero high school. The large majority of the series focuses on one particular class.

Our main character is Izuku Midoriya, a boy that practically worship super heroes and dream of becoming a great hero that saves people, even aspiring to become the greatest hero of them all. But at a young age it is revealed that he is one of the unlucky 20% that weren't born with a quirk. But despite all the ridicule and negative reinforcement from his peers and the adult world he still dreams of being a great. As he's starting to lose all hope however, a chance encounter with All Might, the greatest hero of all time, changes Izuku's world forever.

It's a really good series with lots of fun characters, solid action, a neat take on the super hero genre and tons of heart.

As to where you can find it, legally crunchyroll has the first three seasons which translates to about the first 120 chapters of the manga. A good way to test if you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The basic premise is that a few generations ago people started developing super powers, heralded by the birth of a brightly glowing baby. Flash forward some time to when 80% of the population of earth have some form of super power (commonly referred to as a quirk) and the dream of becoming a super hero is no longer a dream, it's an occupation. But to become a super hero you need to certified, to become certified you need to be trained and the best way to be trained is to go to a super hero high school. The large majority of the series focuses on one particular class.

Our main character is Izuku Midoriya, a boy that practically worship super heroes and dream of becoming a great hero that saves people, even aspiring to become the greatest hero of them all. But at a young age it is revealed that he is one of the unlucky 20% that weren't born with a quirk. But despite all the ridicule and negative reinforcement from his peers and the adult world he still dreams of being a great. As he's starting to lose all hope however, a chance encounter with All Might, the greatest hero of all time, changes Izuku's world forever.

It's a really good series with lots of fun characters, solid action, a neat take on the super hero genre and tons of heart.
    Sounds interesting. I’ll check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    As to where you can find it, legally crunchyroll has the first three seasons which translates to about the first 120 chapters of the manga. A good way to test if you like it or not.
    Great. Thanks!

Some how I went from initially disliking this to being 5 episodes deep

Extraordinary Member

A friend of mine had a similar experience.

One can only resist for so long.

Yes there is some build up,They should have given you a little warning Deku is a bit of cry baby in the beginning and it can be a little grating. But stick with the show it gets better and the characters grow.

For anybody who is fan of old school superhero comics My Hero captures that feel perfectly and without continuity to tie it down it avoids tropes of the genre so far.

Extraordinary Member

Yes there is some build up,They should have given you a little warning Deku is a bit of cry baby in the beginning and it can be a little grating. But stick with the show it gets better and the characters grow.
    I would do no such thing because Izuku being an emotional character and showing his emotions never bothered me one bit, and I never understood why anybody is bothered by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    A friend of mine had a similar experience.

One can only resist for so long.

For anybody who is fan of old school superhero comics My Hero captures that feel perfectly and without continuity to tie it down it avoids tropes of the genre so far.
    Don't get me wrong, I finished the entire first season in a day. It's definitely good, Deku can just be a bit annoying from time to time. Glad to hear that he gets better though.