Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I finished the entire first season in a day. It's definitely good, Deku can just be a bit annoying from time to time. Glad to hear that he gets better though.
    Could you tell me what it is about Deku that you find annoying?

Others online have said the same and I just don't get what it is?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Could you tell me what it is about Deku that you find annoying?

Others online have said the same and I just don't get what it is?
    To be clear, I don’t have any issues with him being emotional in general. It’s just that sometimes his cry baby tendacies get to be a bit much at times. But he makes up for it by doing some **** that reminds me of movie Cap so I’m willing to ride it out.

Extraordinary Member

To be clear, I don’t have any issues with him being emotional in general. It’s just that sometimes his cry baby tendacies get to be a bit much at times. But he makes up for it by doing some **** that reminds me of movie Cap so I’m willing to ride it out.
    It's the term "cry baby" that has me raise an eyebrow.

It's such a harsh term and certainly one that he doesn't deserve. I mean, yeah the kid is really emotional and gets overwhelmed now and again . But it literally never becomes an actual problem within the plot, rather it makes him push himself more so that he can keep up with his classmates, and it never stops him from trying or doing his very best all the freaking time. I actually find it to be an endearing and refeshing character trait.

I mean, it's good that he becomes more mature and iis able to get a better grasp of his emotions. But that's good because it means he's got good character progression, not because he stops being emotional.

It's the term "cry baby" that has me raise an eyebrow.

It's such a harsh term and certainly one that he doesn't deserve. I mean, yeah the kid is really emotional and gets overwhelmed now and again . But it literally never becomes an actual problem within the plot, rather it makes him push himself more so that he can keep up with his classmates, and it never stops him from trying or doing his very best all the freaking time. I actually find it to be an endearing and refeshing character trait.

I mean, it's good that he becomes more mature and iis able to get a better grasp of his emotions. But that's good because it means he's got good character progression, not because he stops being emotional.
    Again, my issue isn’t about him being emotional because if it was, it’d bother me every single time he was (which is a lot). Yet it doesn’t.

However, there are times where it’s just so over the top that it ruins the moment for me.

Extraordinary Member

Again, my issue isn’t about him being emotional because if it was, it’d bother me every single time he was (which is a lot). Yet it doesn’t.

However, there are times where it’s just so over the top that it ruins the moment for me.
    Each to their own I guess.

Have you started season 2 yet? That's where the series really gets going.

Each to their own I guess.

Have you started season 2 yet? That's where the series really gets going.
    Not yet. Probably won’t start until tomorrow or Wednesday

Extraordinary Member

No chapter this week apparently. So let's talk a bit about what we're hoping for from the rest of the current arc.

I'm thinking that both classes will win one more match before the final one. I'm kinda hoping that Todoroki's team wins their match in a way that gives Ojiro and Shoji a chance to shine and lets us see how far Todoroki has come in controlling both sides of his quirk. And I hope Bakugo loses, not because I dislike the character but because I think it would be interesting to see how he deals with a defeat that is completely unrelated to Deku (though at the same time I want Kyoka to kick some ass so I'm conflicted).

As for the last match, there's so much I want to see there. Shinso needs another shot to look cool, as does Monoma and Ochako and Mina, and I'm really hoping for some cool team up moves from Deku and Ochako.

I am hijacking this chart for reference

Round 3

I think Todoroki team wins. I am low key wanting Juzo Honenuki to shine though I don't think the author is doing a good enough job to make couple quirks in class B match up and look amazing like top guys in Class A

Round 4

They stuck Bakugo with a bunch of scrubs, I mean it shouldn't matter but I can see him losing

Round 5

This is a toss up they are completely unafraid in this manga of making your favorites/Main characters lose. So I can see a world where Class B wins this

I like the idea of Shinzo ending up on Class B. Then that would put Monoma and Shinzo I think that would fix the complaint I had about earlier about not enough "OMG that quirk is strong" quirks

Going off shounen tropes I believe we'll be tied two/two to give some drama to Deku's match. It's hard to say who loses between Todoroki's and Bakugo's teams, this is usually a chance to showcase characters that haven't had a chance to shine yet but Todoroki's team is just stacked.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Finished season 2, anybody know when the English dub of S3 supposed to come out?

Extraordinary Member

Finished season 2, anybody know when the English dub of S3 supposed to come out?
    It should be out already.

It's popular enough that they simul-dub it.

All 25 episodes of season 3 have been dubbed, not sure if they're on crunchyroll, they're certainly out there though.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

All episodes of Season 3 are dubbed and on Crunchyroll, so that's there for you.

As for what's currently going on in the manga, I'm with you in thinking Bakugo's team is more likely to lose rather than Todoroki's, but exactly how I'm not sure and I'm interested to find out if that'll mean anything going forward. I think the biggest question mark will be regarding Midoriya vs. Monoma & Shinzo. We are probably going to find out if Monoma can copy One For All and what would happen if he does. Either way I could see this causing everyone to get suspicious, either by him not being able to copy, or he can, but then explodes and breaks his bones because he can't control it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    All episodes of Season 3 are dubbed and on Crunchyroll, so that's there for you.

As for what's currently going on in the manga, I'm with you in thinking Bakugo's team is more likely to lose rather than Todoroki's, but exactly how I'm not sure and I'm interested to find out if that'll mean anything going forward. I think the biggest question mark will be regarding Midoriya vs. Monoma & Shinzo. We are probably going to find out if Monoma can copy One For All and what would happen if he does. Either way I could see this causing everyone to get suspicious, either by him not being able to copy, or he can, but then explodes and breaks his bones because he can't control it.
    They’re on Crunchyroll? The only version I could find on there was the sub only version