Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Binged all 3 seasons (dub) and I'm watching it again. This series is just what I needed, superheroes have been harder and harder for me to read nowadays. I love the anime so much, I'm not really into anime but I decided to give this series a shot and I'm so glad I did.

I also started the manga. Currently on chapter 14 so it's gonna be a bit for me to catch up. Really glad I watched the anime first so I have all the characters' voices and proper grammar of the lines in my head. Sometimes the translations are a little weird/off slightly.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Binged all 3 seasons (dub) and I'm watching it again. This series is just what I needed, superheroes have been harder and harder for me to read nowadays. I love the anime so much, I'm not really into anime but I decided to give this series a shot and I'm so glad I did.

I also started the manga. Currently on chapter 14 so it's gonna be a bit for me to catch up. Really glad I watched the anime first so I have all the characters' voices and proper grammar of the lines in my head. Sometimes the translations are a little weird/off slightly.
    Hero Academia is what American comics would look like without continuity. So it is very refreshing for comics fans because the story has to end so they to have to progress character and storylines. And it has benefit of fixing characters for the modern era All might is great spin on Superman and the tone down power level and the fact "the ideal" is his persona he wears for the job while his civilian personality is something slight different works amazing well and fixes problems some people have with superman.

For I love how Superhero society fixes a lot the problems I have comics but keeps genre tropes. I don't like sidekicks but the fact before someone can become a sidekick they go through training and even when they are sidekicks they are trying to minimize the risk for the sidekick. It feels good to see that level of detail to answering the genres problems. It is great see people like it because feels like what Marvel and DC comics should have evolved into in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    As for what's currently going on in the manga, I'm with you in thinking Bakugo's team is more likely to lose rather than Todoroki's, but exactly how I'm not sure and I'm interested to find out if that'll mean anything going forward. I think the biggest question mark will be regarding Midoriya vs. Monoma & Shinzo. We are probably going to find out if Monoma can copy One For All and what would happen if he does. Either way I could see this causing everyone to get suspicious, either by him not being able to copy, or he can, but then explodes and breaks his bones because he can't control it.
    Very possible.

Another possibility is that Monoma will avoid copying Deku's quirk since he's seen how it messes up the user and he might consider it too much of a risk since he doesn't know the details of it. But he does have another really solid option. Copying Shinzo's mind control could be absolutely devastating for the other team if they're not prepared for it. Storywise though that could lead to Deku figuring out more about getting into contact with the previous One For All holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Very possible.

Another possibility is that Monoma will avoid copying Deku's quirk since he's seen how it messes up the user and he might consider it too much of a risk since he doesn't know the details of it. But he does have another really solid option. Copying Shinzo's mind control could be absolutely devastating for the other team if they're not prepared for it. Storywise though that could lead to Deku figuring out more about getting into contact with the previous One For All holders.
    I wonder how much Monoma has grown,I want to see if he can handle two quirks at the same time or can hold a quirk for extended period of time

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Very possible.

Yeah, that's a big possibility that Monoma would just simply not try to, but considering how egotistic he is, and that the series has been very good with explaining the limitations of other people's quirks and One For All, feels like we'll at least get an answer to whether he could or not. But definitely, him and Shinzo are gonna be a major key in the vestiges mystery, like maybe Midoriya will go out of his way to be mind controlled just so he can try and contact them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Hero Academia is what American comics would look like without continuity. So it is very refreshing for comics fans because the story has to end so they to have to progress character and storylines. And it has benefit of fixing characters for the modern era All might is great spin on Superman and the tone down power level and the fact "the ideal" is his persona he wears for the job while his civilian personality is something slight different works amazing well and fixes problems some people have with superman.

For I love how Superhero society fixes a lot the problems I have comics but keeps genre tropes. I don't like sidekicks but the fact before someone can become a sidekick they go through training and even when they are sidekicks they are trying to minimize the risk for the sidekick. It feels good to see that level of detail to answering the genres problems. It is great see people like it because feels like what Marvel and DC comics should have evolved into in my opinion.
    I don't get what you mean by no continuity, the story's continuity is normal. If there was no continuity stories would change rapidly with no references to past events but of course there is so I don't know what you're saying.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Burden to have continuous universe with years of history and keep characters in form that they are most popular is what I am referring to as continuity. Spiderman and Batman don't have a end in sight, MHA will have ending so there is no fear in letting characters grow and change. The clutter of continued history and need to keep your money makers around forever hurt stories at times.

This is just clean linear story that will have conclusion it means that some point you lose the characters and won't be able to see read and watch them but also means that Deku gets a chance to grow up become the Symbol of Peace and the number 1 hero. While someone like Spiderman is stuck,You don't get see 27 year old Spiderman who is leader of the Avengers and is most respected hero in his universe. The connected history and reboot, tell more connected history and reboot,over and over has it strong points but downsides as well. A clean simple origin story, rise to become a hero, and epic conclusion is nice as change.

Love the animated series and thinking of getting into the manga too. Maybe.

Bakugou's easily my favourite though also have a strong soft spot for Monoma. He's funny as heck and that suit is sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Love the animated series and thinking of getting into the manga too. Maybe.

Bakugou's easily my favourite though also have a strong soft spot for Monoma. He's funny as heck and that suit is sweet.
    Go for it, I just started a couple days ago. It's the same greatness of the series just in book form.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Burden to have continuous universe with years of history and keep characters in form that they are most popular is what I am referring to as continuity. Spiderman and Batman don't have a end in sight, MHA will have ending so there is no fear in letting characters grow and change. The clutter of continued history and need to keep your money makers around forever hurt stories at times.

This is just clean linear story that will have conclusion it means that some point you lose the characters and won't be able to see read and watch them but also means that Deku gets a chance to grow up become the Symbol of Peace and the number 1 hero. While someone like Spiderman is stuck,You don't get see 27 year old Spiderman who is leader of the Avengers and is most respected hero in his universe. The connected history and reboot, tell more connected history and reboot,over and over has it strong points but downsides as well. A clean simple origin story, rise to become a hero, and epic conclusion is nice as change.
    Those aren't problems with continuity, that's the people in charge doing a different style of story-telling, management decisions, and overall business decisions to try and cater to the audience(s). This is just a linear story that has it's own continuity, everyone throws that word around like it's the problem but I think you have a misunderstanding of what it means. Continuity is simply the continuation of a story or in the specific definition terms, the unbroken and consistent existence or operation of something over a period of time. It could be as simple as the Flash fighting Grodd then next week he fights a new villain that references those past events. Or it could be something as deep as a specific line or lesson a character learned a long time ago, say Batman reciting the vow he made to stop crime to Dick in the candle light of the Batcave.

Go read Invincible if you haven't already. That's a series that actually grows with the character, which like My Hero Academia it comes from a main writer. Once you have multiple people come in that's when problems arise, not from the continuity in and of itself. This is a story that feels like it has a planned ending, that's where comics are different. There is no planned ending and that's kinda the general appeal or it used to be. I think that's the main issue people have, comics have gotten more and more decompressed so they expect grand endings but comics don't end. They merely change and evolve to tell the adventures of these characters within the pages.

Astonishing Member

Is it a good idea to go watch the Two Heroes movie in theaters if I haven't started reading the manga yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Is it a good idea to go watch the Two Heroes movie in theaters if I haven't started reading the manga yet?
    It's probably alright as long as you are caught up on the show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It's probably alright as long as you are caught up on the show.
    The movie takes place between season 2 and 3, so as long as you've seen the first two seasons you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    As long as you've watched Seasons 1 & 2 then you're all good, although I would say the story works pretty well as a standalone if you haven't seen any of the series, but it's most enjoyable if you've watched at least the first two seasons.