Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

I feel like Izuku's team will lose because of whatever is going on with him.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Seems like the easiest out, Midoriya doesn't lose face and class B gets their draw.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Hope Deku's team doesn't lose but I suspect he might. Either way loving confident Deku. This arc has been surprising. So much for recommended students.
    Now you can hold your head up Aizawa.
    Bakugou's new suit is pretty sweet. Kinda looks similar to Best Jeanist.

Monoma this last chapter with the quotes. This arc has made me want to see more of 1B now along with Vlad.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Vz just released the latest US Popularity Poll Results. Wasn't aware they did these polls outside of Japan as well.

Jeez those numbers are ridiculous.

I was aware of the Jump and Crunchyroll polls Japan and North America] but not this one. Looks like it's the biggest so far.
    Surprised to see Asui, Toga, Momo and Ochako in the top ten.

We haven't had a big event with Midoryia involved since the end of Overhaul, the Cultural Festival is kind of minor in comparison, so I've been predicting the next arc after this is finished will be the next BIG one on that scale, and I've been thinking that maybe One For All going nuts during the round will lead to somebody else figuring out or learning his secret. If they really wanted to go for a ballsy mic drop maybe all of Class 1A & 1B finds out, though it may be a bit too early for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    We haven't had a big event with Midoryia involved since the end of Overhaul, the Cultural Festival is kind of minor in comparison, so I've been predicting the next arc after this is finished will be the next BIG one on that scale, and I've been thinking that maybe One For All going nuts during the round will lead to somebody else figuring out or learning his secret. If they really wanted to go for a ballsy mic drop maybe all of Class 1A & 1B finds out, though it may be a bit too early for that.
    Well I think there will be a prison break pretty soon. I think that will become the next big event.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Jeez those numbers are ridiculous.

I was aware of the Jump and Crunchyroll polls Japan and North America] but not this one. Looks like it's the biggest so far.
    Surprised to see Asui, Toga, Momo and Ochako in the top ten.
    Togata, not Toga. That's to say it's Mirio.

The other three are usually pretty popular in these polls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It's definitely too early for the other students to find out.

If OfA goes nuts then it'll probably be explained as Izuku's powers being weird again, he's already got an unusual status since everybody thinks they only manifested fairly recently instead when he was like 4.

But yeah, this arc has been designed to let us see more of the supporting class mates, let us know what class B's quirks are and give us an update on Shinso. Next arc will probably be more relevant to the overarching plot.

As for the final match. It's still unclear what'll happen in it. But it would be a prime opportunity to let Ochako shine, preferably either in a tag team with Deku or by having her take a leadership role if Deku's quirks goes haywire.

Deku team feels so trash to me,I know the writer will make everyone look competent but Deku is going to have to carry the team big time.

I wonder where the plot is going to go, I agree with we will probably get back into main storyline after this one. I can't help but wonder what is the intent of story overall is it about teen heroes and the end of manga will be them final becoming officially heroes.Or will we get a time skip and the manga has their adventures of the them becoming pro heroes both story paths seem interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It's definitely too early for the other students to find out.

If OfA goes nuts then it'll probably be explained as Izuku's powers being weird again, he's already got an unusual status since everybody thinks they only manifested fairly recently instead when he was like 4.

But yeah, this arc has been designed to let us see more of the supporting class mates, let us know what class B's quirks are and give us an update on Shinso. Next arc will probably be more relevant to the overarching plot.

As for the final match. It's still unclear what'll happen in it. But it would be a prime opportunity to let Ochako shine, preferably either in a tag team with Deku or by having her take a leadership role if Deku's quirks goes haywire.
    The series has been known for throwing curve balls, I did not expect All Might's weak form becoming public/the big bad being defeated before chapter 100. It is one of its greatest strengths, the pacing feels just right and nothing ever feels too dragged out, so whatever path goes down I'll be interested to see.

This arc already had Aizawa comment on how close Midoryia and All Might are, and then Bakugo chews them out for not being subtle with their conversations, so that's why I'm thinking at least other person may figure it out.

Extraordinary Member

Oops, things are going south pretty early on for Deku here.

Monoma is real good at playing mind games, which I guess he has to.

Ochako, Mina and Mineta are doing a real good job at playing defense so far.

The teachers have to sop the fight right?

The kid with the unstable powers starts exploding with power seems like a justifiable reason.

Extraordinary Member

The teachers have to sop the fight right?

The kid with the unstable powers starts exploding with power seems like a justifiable reason.
    I mean, they didn't stop it when Todoroki was going ham with his fire and Honenuki and Tetsutetsu dropped a building on Iida.

We'll see what happens. Hopefully Deuk and Monoma will be ok.

Mannnnnn things keep getting crazier and crazier. Not we got darkness exploding arm to deal with!

Loved seeing Monoma trying to mess with Midoryia's mind and him just having none of it.

Regarding what Gran Torino was saying about Nana Shimura, I wonder what they meant by "It's not that time. Not yet."

I think the size quirk is the first one I've definitely seen repeated, didn't Todoroki fight some ninja guys with that quirk in the Provisional Exam?

Interested to see what the affect on Midoriya will be, is he in pain, experiencing a backlash, power surge, or is it just unstable? Though it couldn't happen to a more deserving student, Midoriya probably doesn't want to decapitate that kid with a finger flick.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I think the size quirk is the first one I've definitely seen repeated, didn't Todoroki fight some ninja guys with that quirk in the Provisional Exam?

Interested to see what the affect on Midoriya will be, is he in pain, experiencing a backlash, power surge, or is it just unstable? Though it couldn't happen to a more deserving student, Midoriya probably doesn't want to decapitate that kid with a finger flick.
    He did, but only in the anime, that scene where he fights the ninjas wasn't in the manga, so its not a technical repeat. Though honestly, in this world, you're gonna have an overlap of powers, or people having similar powers, its a testament to Horikoshi how many original concepts he can throw together to keep fresh.