Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The first bit that jumped out at me was that Robinson was able to get her article to the front page and bannered etc without Perry knowing about it until it was printed. I don't think Lois has ever done that... She's had articles ready, sure, but I don't recall her ever sneaking one in around editors etc.

Even if what we saw was from Perry intercepting it before it went to print, that's a huge breach on Robinson's part. The Daily Planet isn't her blog.

Like others, the asteroid punching session seemed to be in the wrong place. Clark was the one telling Perry about why the fires were happening, so it wasn't something that he was suddenly realising and having to process. I thought he was going to pull a post-it from his screen or something from a notebook of Lois' that he might have in/at his desk, tying in to another investigation/story where something similar might have been referenced.

Guardian basically saying that he had been pushed over the edge was interesting. Definitely want to know more about him and his efforts in Suicide Slum. He seems to have Maggie's approval.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I kinda wished Cat would bring up her and Clark's old blog they did, since Bendis said she was going to try to recruit him.
    i think it would raise far too many questions about continuity. I mean, that blog got to live because it revealed the SM/WW relationship. It would be kind of messy to bring it back now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    i think it would raise far too many questions about continuity. I mean, that blog got to live because it revealed the SM/WW relationship. It would be kind of messy to bring it back now.
    S/WW isn't canon anymore, it'd have to be something else

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    S/WW isn't canon anymore, it'd have to be something else
    Indeed, but it's precisely my point : I don't really see what could make sense, because it would have to have been big. I also can't see this Superman ever leaving the Planet like New 52's did.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Pre-FP Superman did it too. Superman in Exile was great, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Pre-FP Superman did it too. Superman in Exile was great, though.
    Korath is referring to Clark leaving The Daily Planet rather than Earth itself.

During Exile, Clark didn't actually leave The Daily Planet; rather, he went into 'hiding' because of his series of exposes on Intergang (spoilers:
    which he had already written up and Pa was posting hardcopies to the newspaper on his behalf
    end of spoilers)

However, Pre-FP/Pre-IC/Pre-ZH Superman did leave The Daily Planet after Exile. He went to work for Newstime as an editor.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah, that'll teach me to post before I've had my morning coffee. I took Planet as Earth. My bad, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, that'll teach me to post before I've had my morning coffee. I took Planet as Earth. My bad, folks.
    Psh

You referenced an awesome storyline (one I wish they would make into a movie (or merge it with Time and Time Again and do a two-parter)), so there was no 'bad'

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    Gotta say while I was a big critic of bendis getting this gig, he has done well above what I expected so far. He doesn't have a great voice for some characters but overall his Superman sounds right and that is honestly one of the the only things that matters. I really do hope he knows what he is doing with Lois here.

As far as the whole Autism controversy, I really think people are stretching here. I mean the character who says it is portrayed as a reprehensible person and in no way is intended to be someone to be emulated. If it had been said by anyone heroic or even someone who was being portrayed as sympathetic, I would get where that might be a big deal. Are people really so sensitive now that even villains and characters who are very clearly intended to be disliked need to use PC language at all times? I mean the villain killing someone is acceptable but he insults someone and we need to remove that from future printings. I really do not understand the outrage culture, it seems so inconsistent. I guess I just have no idea of when I am supposed to be outraged now, between all the controversy lately over comic covers, comic movies and this kinda stuff it sorta seems like people massively flip what is acceptable and unacceptable based on who they like.
    I don't understand the outrage either, and I have an autistic family member <shrug> It doesn't matter if the "writers and editors have an extensive vocabulary to use", there should have been no problem with a VILLAIN using a slur just before he is killed. He also called the dude fat, but I'm not seeing anyone focus on that...

So yeah, I dunno. If Superman was fighting Brainiac and yelled out "you Autistic son of a bitch!", then I could see the reactions and I'd probably agree. But here? Nah. It's people getting mad so they can be a voice on the internet for 2 minutes.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

*shrug*

At least one person who pointed it out is relatively familiar with Bendis personally so there's no fame chasing or whatever might be suspected of being highly vocal. and if he fesses up there are no "liberties" to defend. That voice worked for him so it is what it is.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I don't understand the outrage either, and I have an autistic family member <shrug> It doesn't matter if the "writers and editors have an extensive vocabulary to use", there should have been no problem with a VILLAIN using a slur just before he is killed. He also called the dude fat, but I'm not seeing anyone focus on that...

So yeah, I dunno. If Superman was fighting Brainiac and yelled out "you Autistic son of a bitch!", then I could see the reactions and I'd probably agree. But here? Nah. It's people getting mad so they can be a voice on the internet for 2 minutes.
    Yeah, I don't get the outrage either. All I can say is that there are an awful lot of people out there who get outraged/offended over every little thing and who also get outraged on behalf of people that don't necessarily even feel offended in the first place by something. Of those people there may be a handful that have a legitimate reason to be outraged but most of them are just jumping on a bandwagon and riding it til the next one comes along. To be honestly its difficult to even tell which is which at times.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the outrage either. All I can say is that there are an awful lot of people out there who get outraged/offended over every little thing and who also get outraged on behalf of people that don't necessarily even feel offended in the first place by something. Of those people there may be a handful that have a legitimate reason to be outraged but most of them are just jumping on a bandwagon and riding it til the next one comes along. To be honestly its difficult to even tell which is which at times.
    I genuinely enjoyed the issue and I think people are getting too upset over the "autistic" comment, which was said by a bad guy who clearly got his comeuppance. I understand why people would find problems with this but what matters is that Superman, the hero, would never say something like that. Also, it's good to see Clark do some work as a reporter, as the threat is clearly working in secret.

Astonishing Member

I think Action is my favorite book so far.

now Twitter demands even hitmen and killers be WOKE. This is why creators and working professionals should remove themselves from Twitter altogether. As it is, not a bad issue, but the bendis speak gets tiring at times, I feel like I'm reading Superman, as told by the Gilmore Girls. The transition to the last page also...wasn't a smooth one. But theres enough here to keep me around for awhile as a reader.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I think Action is my favorite book so far.
    Mine too. I think I'm getting what people were saying back when Bendis was announced; that he tends to be better with a bit more down-to-earth stuff than the cosmic, as Action right now is the better title than Superman. That's not to say I dislike what he's building in Superman, but the pacing seems to be better here.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El