Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Isn't that what Spiral did? She merged the two through magic and when Kwannon committed suicide betsy felt it half a world away.
    That's because when Kwannon died, she used her enhanced powers to give back Betsy all her memories and power and took hers from Betsy. That book was closed a long time ago but Zub is either ignoring it or doesn't know as most don't.....

Nice, great way for Psylocke to switch back to her original body.

So Storm really was just background in this series, that sucks, there was really no reason for her to be included.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    After Psylocke’s soul is drained by Sapphire Styx, she finds herself in Saphhire’s mindscape and reflects on her life. Betsy takes her time to investigate and finds out Sapphire has been feeding on others for years. When she finds a piece of Logan’s soul trapped there for years, she urges him to fight together and uses her telepathy to help him do so, hence his Patch persona appearing before Styx before. All the other souls beg Betsy to avenge them and it’s what she does by breaking Sapphire’s body from within. Betsy uses all the soul power unleashed by Sapphire to rebuild her original body, molecule by molecule, and makes her way back to the physical world, appearing before her X-Men friends. She’s back to where she belongs. Kitty and the others are taken aback by her original appearance, but there’s no time to celebrate yet. Magneto is still too weak to stop the rocket, so Kitty phases Rogue and Storm out of the vessel. Meanwhile Betsy overwhelms and defeats Bloodlust. Jubilee takes on Knockout. When Viper strikes back, Psylocke then proceeds to implant a suggestion in her brain, blurring her vision. Kitty manages to rescue Rogue and Storm, but Magneto is unable to prevent the rocket launching as he is still too weak. Psylocke then confuses Snake-whip by making her target an illusion instead of her. Rogue touches Knockout and absorbs her powers, defeating her and getting some revenge. Domino points a gun at Snake-ship, who surrenders. Storm makes her entrance and stops the torrential rain hitting Madripoor; Betsy is amazed at her, just like when she joined the X-Men. Magneto threatens to murder Mindblast, and Psylocke is ready to stop him if necessary killing him again, but he backs down before anything can happen. Afterwards, the X-Men interrogates Magneto, and Psylocke knows he has nothing to do in Wolverine. Erik promises to clean up Viper’s mess in Madripoor and track her down, as she has escaped. When it comes to finding Wolverine, Kitty says their only lead was “Soteira”, the organization name. which was revealed by Snake-whip in return for a lighter sentence. Meanwhile Betsy is by herself, admiring the view of Madripoor’s cityline. Jubilee meets her to make sure she’s okay and asks if this is the original her and if she remembers everything they’ve gone through. Betsy says she does. Psylocke explains that when Sapphire exploded, she used the soul power she left behind to create a physical body for herself. It feels a bit strange, but comforting. For so many years her body has been manipulated by others (Dr. Synne, S.T.R.I.K.E., Mojo, The Hand), but no more. Now she’s herself. Meanwhile, back at the Femme Fatales’ headquarters, Soteira’s employees are cleaning up the mess, but they are surprised by… the Asian body alive! The woman wants to ask a few questions! Kwannon?

Zub really did his homework here. Psylocke choosing on her own free will is a nice change from villains forcing things on her. She was pretty resourceful and badass and the moment with Jubilee was really cute. The ending is very intriguing! I wonder where it goes from here if that's really Kwannon. I loved it.
    Just read it also. I loved it. I wish the art chores had stayed the same throughout. But man the end is awesome. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Yes Zub did. All the callbacks to Dr. Synne, and her actual origins means Zub did the leg work and remembered who she was even if some of the "fans" have never known these things. Brah work laddie!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    This is the first time that Betsy got the opportunity to make her OWN body for herself. She's never gotten that choice, and the fact is that both Kwannon's body and the body that Jamie made for her (if it wasn't identical to Kwannon's) weren't the bodies that Betsy was born with and spent the majority of her life in. We see here that Betsy's soul was still that of a white woman, and ultimately that's probably how she ideally saw herself the whole time. There was probably some serious body dysmorphia issues going on behind the scenes for Psylocke that were never addressed. It's only a natural choice that when given the opportunity to make a body and a future for herself, she'd pick the body that she started in and was most comfortable in.

And yes I'm aware that Psylocke was presented with her original body or a facsimile thereof and didn't take it, but that's because it also meant working for Cassandra Nova.
    Please tell him again. I cannot agree with this anymore than if I had said it myself.

Okay. If Kwannon lives, AND remains superheroic, I wouldn't mind her moving to the Avengers. It's high profile for Marvel, gives them a prominent Asian, a necessary psychic, a repentant killer type overlapping an action girl martial artist type, AND gives them another point of animosity between the teams.

She'll probably end up another villain of the month though :-(

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Okay. If Kwannon lives, AND remains superheroic, I wouldn't mind her moving to the Avengers. It's high profile for Marvel, gives them a prominent Asian, a necessary psychic, a repentant killer type overlapping an action girl martial artist type, AND gives them another point of animosity between the teams.

Your realism hurts me...because I know it's true.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Or worse. Forgotten to limbo and never really used again....

So now there's two of them? Did Psylocke just leave her "dead" body there? Why didnt she collect it for a burial, cremation or whatever?

Disappointed that there was no follow up to Magneto and Psylocke as this was the first time they've seen each other since she killed him

Oh and did Rogue's life change forever?
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-22-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Well alright...seemed pointless to me but I guess good for team "None Asain Psylocke".

Though I did find it interesting the moment she recreated herself, all her attacks were mental and not physical.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Nice recap Luckystar.! Really liked this issue and this whole mini, easily the best of the Hunt minis. Just one thing I'm not sure the guys we saw at the end of the issue were from Soteira, they just look like some of Viper's goons.

So there is something strange about Soteira, Snakewhip said that Soteira were looking for Wolverine when they hired Viper yet he seems to work for them during Weapon Lost. So either Logan betrayed them or that wasn't him we saw during the hunt one shot, Claws of a Killer and Weapon Lost or something else is going on.
    I hope Dead ends will give us a good explanation next week.

By the way I hope that Zub will write an X-Men title next year or at least a Psylocke mini

This was probably the best mini in this whole event, Zub use of continuity was great, even with all the descompression, i was sad that we didn't get more of Rogue and Storm bonds with Logan thought.

They finally cleaned up that mess well done marvel. And have kwannon alive too. Great ending

Oh good. We needed two Psylockes. Just like we need multiple versions of every character. ::eyeroll::
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I thought this issue was great. Favorite part was definitely Psylocke tricking Snake-Whip with the mental illusion, it was like something straight out of one of the Outback issues. Excited to see what this new start brings for Psylocke and if indeed they'll let Kwannon become her own woman (if it's her in the body.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Nice recap Luckystar.! Really liked this issue and this whole mini, easily the best of the Hunt minis. Just one thing I'm not sure the guys we saw at the end of the issue were from Soteira, they just look like some of Viper's goons.

So there is something strange about Soteira, Snakewhip said that Soteira were looking for Wolverine when they hired Viper yet he seems to work for them during Weapon Lost. So either Logan betrayed them or that wasn't him we saw during the hunt one shot, Claws of a Killer and Weapon Lost or something else is going on.
    I hope Dead ends will give us a good explanation next week.

By the way I hope that Zub will write an X-Men title next year or at least a Psylocke mini
    Yeah! I thought he was the mysterious Soteira employee from previous issues because Silas draws all faces the same, but after reading it again, it's more like generic goons.