Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I'm glad the writer has saved a surprise beyond Psylocke regain his old body.

To tell the truth do not like copies but have the body of the ninja assassin walking around can yield some good stories. We also got a reference to Bunn's Uncanny X-men about the last time Magneto and Psylocke fought against each other.

We also had some answers about the new organization that will be the focus of the story surrounding Logan's return.

BANNED

Except for the first few pages, the rest of the art was just terrible for such an important event.

Welcome back, Betsy.

Damn, that art was unfortunate.

I actually liked the art. It had a great action flow to it.

Domino, Jubilee and Betsy were badass.

I thought the resolved everything quite well.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

This was a very good issue.
    Really enjoyed it. I especially loved the first part in Styxx's mind.
    Liked he interaction between Jubilee and Betsy as well.

Absolutely loved this!

Betsy crying when she found Logan's soul fragment.
    Logan's "You heard 'em, Bets. Break the beast".
    Her taking out 4 of the Fatales without a single punch.
    Her full confidence in taking down Magneto again if needed. (Loved the foreshadowing of Magneto's continued turn to the dark side, too).

And of course HER choice to return to her original body. She's confident, powerful, and whole again. Jubilee's care for her and their conversation was very sweet. I started reading X-Men right around the time they and Logan were hanging out together shortly after Betsy's transformation. So I'm very happy! And nice to see Rogue get some revenge.

Now, hello Kwannon (possibly?). I did NOT see that coming!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Enjoyed the issue overall. Really did not expect that last page surprise and don't know how I feel about it - on the one side, they had a chance to wipe the slate clean for Betsy and chose to keep a doppelgänger around instead. It could however lead to some interesting stories, assuming any writer is interested in following this up, and especially if it's Kwannon who somehow returned to life. If it's Sapphire Styx who for some reason ended up in Betsy's old new body, I really don't see the point though.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Never mind, I just found out Jim Zub confirmed that is indeed Kwannon back in her own body, so I guess I'm happy overall. As long as she and Elizabeth remain distinct characters (let's just forget the whole mixing DNA-thing Spiral supposedly did, that's just rubbish) I shall enjoy seeing both getting explored and eventually meeting again.

This was a pretty good issue. Zub does write Psylocke very well. Her voice, the nods to her past, the way she uses her powers are all great. Loved the interactions with Logan and Jubilee and the general full circle feel of this issue. If he ever does a solo or a mini for her, i’d be down for it. That said I don’t feel that strongly about this mini as a whole. The first and last issues were very good to great but the issues in the middle were mostly bleh. The overall plot and the villain just seemed rather dull.

Call me crazy but I loved all the art in this issue. Silas’s art was the best of course, but even Kirk’s art looked great to me. The only real problem I had with his art in previous issues was the way he drew people’s faces and that looked at least somewhat better this time, except for Jubilee’s for some reason. His Psylocke is gorgeous, especially when she first emerges from Sapphire’s mindscape. I’m still not crazy about her costume, but he draws it better than anyone except maybe Dodson. It would look better IMO if the pink/lavender would taper to a point at her waist and if the neckline was less wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Ummm no. She said she had memories yes but that's not the same as proving she has the muscle memory from her years of training. Let's not pop the cork quite yet. In fact I'm still leaning towards her not having the fighting skills considering how tactile and non combative she just was.
    I definitely agree with you that this does not answer whether Psylocke still has her fighting skills or not. Regarding why she was noncombatant in this issue, you could spin it both ways. Maybe she still has her martial arts skills, but just didn’t feel like she needed to use them in this situation? That’s fine IMO, she should be flexible and ready to do away with threats psychically, physically, or both depending on the threat at hand. Maybe she really has lost her martial arts skills? That’s fine too if it’s temporary and she can train to get them back. Maybe Zub purposely left it ambiguous so it wouldn’t necessarily contradict whatever the next writer has planned for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So now there's two of them? Did Psylocke just leave her "dead" body there? Why didnt she collect it for a burial, cremation or whatever?

Disappointed that there was no follow up to Magneto and Psylocke as this was the first time they've seen each other since she killed him

Oh and did Rogue's life change forever?
    I also found that weird and frankly quite disrespectful. I know it’s not her original body and she probably wouldn’t have the same kind of attachment to it she would to her original body, but she still lived, loved, fought and had all sorts of experiences in that body for years. You would think she and her teammates would respect it enough to give it a decent burial.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 08-22-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Maybe Kwannon will inherit the telekinesis?

That'd be neat.

I feel kind of bad for Zub, the main event got spoiled even though he tried to play it out like you'll still be surprised if you read the issue. We weren't surprised by that, but to the last scene. Did not expect that. It was a good story but I definitely feel like the entire story was to get to this point, not to do with Wolverine really.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Nice, great way for Psylocke to switch back to her original body.

So Storm really was just background in this series, that sucks, there was really no reason for her to be included.
    That’s another gripe I have with this mini: having Rogue and Storm here for no reason but to dupe more fans into buying these books.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Absolutely loved this!

Betsy crying when she found Logan's soul fragment.
    Logan's "You heard 'em, Bets. Break the beast".

Her taking out 4 of the Fatales without a single punch.
    Her full confidence in taking down Magneto again if needed. (Loved the foreshadowing of Magneto's continued turn to the dark side, too).

And of course HER choice to return to her original body. She's confident, powerful, and whole again. Jubilee's care for her and their conversation was very sweet. I started reading X-Men right around the time they and Logan were hanging out together shortly after Betsy's transformation. So I'm very happy! And nice to see Rogue get some revenge.

Now, hello Kwannon (possibly?). I did NOT see that coming!
    I love that detail. Credit to Silas for elevating something that is already so touching.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    No every fan did not get what they wanted, and it's just gotten more confusing as now that Kwannon is around people will still call her Psylocke since that's how she's been for the past 30 years or so, and really no reason why she didn't make herself an Asian body outside of editorial getting involved imho...and now we have the X-men's ninja as a white woman...yeah that would never cause any problems...
    Only the newbies will call Kwannon Psylocke. Kwannon is Revanche. Betsy will always be THE Psylocke.

Still confounded by the new body, but it's comics.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Only the newbies will call Kwannon Psylocke. Kwannon is Revanche. Betsy will always be THE Psylocke.

I've never understood people who readers will be confused. New readers will discover as is now. Older readers who've been away for bit might be initially confused, but then they can read this very issue. Then be fine. I love Bunn, Spurrier, Remember, Wilsons, and Zub voice for Psylocke. They really understood her.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

Kwannon should take the name Psylocke. Let's not stay stagnant, now is the PERFECT time for Betsy to take a new codename. Preferably, one that involves something around butterflies or metamorphosis. Makes a lot more sense than Prestige.