Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

At the end of the day, the psi-knife is just the FOCUSED TOTALITY OF HER TELEPATHIC PROWESS anyways, so why wouldn't she keep it? All the psis do psi-weapons these days, like Quire's shotgun, or Rachel's hammer that one time.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Maybe a telepathic knife rather then a telekinetic katana

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I mean, Betsy's been shown wielding psy-knives in cover art already, so it looks like she kept that too.
    Yes that too. I wouldn’t mind if Kwannon took the teke though, especially if she used it similar to how Betsy did in XX-Men constructing varying real world weaponry (longsword, axe, bow & arrows, ball & chain, harpoon, etc) to fight with rather than just floating around on her ass and blasting stuff. She could keep the empathy too.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Has anyone seen the Chris Bachalo variant cover for the issue? I don't believe it's surfaced online.
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20180730200457

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. Betsy is Psylocke no matter which body her mind is in. Kwannon can keep Revanche or have something new.
    Saying something doesn't make sense isn't a strong argument against whatever that 'something' is. This is a whole new direction for Betsy as she's finally taking control of her life. Plus, whether people want to admit this or not, the name Psylocke has become associated with Kwannon and Betsy-in-name-only. Whenever you hear Psylocke, you think of the psychic knife-wielding, Asian ninja with dark purple/black hair. Kwannon's got that now. I'm sure there was someone either on here or Twitter who came up with the codename: Monarch. Not only because of the obvious ties to her powers and show of TP, but the symbolism that name has associated with Britain.

Betsy Braddock is Psylocke. Betsy Braddock can create a psyknife. She can wear the costumes that she has in the past. Just because she isn't Asian anymore doesn't mean her trademark visuals are now Kwannon's. Im not understanding your logic.

I don't dislike Monarch though. So we'll see what happens.

BANNED

Kwannon hates Betsy, why would she even want her codename?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Betsy Braddock is Psylocke. Betsy Braddock can create a psyknife. She can wear the costumes that she has in the past. Just because she isn't Asian anymore doesn't mean her trademark visuals are now Kwannon's. Im not understanding your logic.

After all these years, Psylocke is the combination of Betsy’s mind and the Asian body. With both existing on their own, neither is Psylocke. And if the combat this issue is any indication, Betsy’s entire combat style is different now which further takes away the prospect of her being a psychic ninja. She’s essentially been stripped of the shtick that made her so unique and visually interesting.

Okay so you guys are just fans of an Asian body that has a psychic blade that is a ninja. You're basically saying that even though she is still Betsy Braddock who can create a psychic knife, butterfly effect and have her purple hair. That she's not Psylocke anymore because she's not Asian?? Betsy is so much more than that. Im assuming you came on board the Betsy train during the Jim Lee era? Not that there is anything wrong with that. Psylocke is Betsy Braddock. Im not understanding the logic that without an Asian body/ninja skills that she isn't Psylocke anymore.
    Last edited by CGAR; 08-22-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I just wonder where and when the Kwannon/Revanche story will be told.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

That she's not Psylocke anymore because she's not Asian??
    Branding is silly and is a slave to Time.

I just don’t want to LOSE Kwannon. Her image is important. I want to see the rest of her made important too.

How is the name Psylocke permanently bonded to Kwannon's body when Betsy's had it since she joined the X-Men? It's not a "new direction" for her, it's the old direction. It's her old body. She should keep her codename.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Kwannon hates Betsy, why would she even want her codename?
    Badass names transcend rivalries.

I mean, people don't have to be attached to their codenames at the hip. They can certainly change. And I mean, as far as the psyknife:

So does Kwannon now. And the general audience and more casual readers have attached Kwannon's aesthetic and fighting style to the namesake of Psylocke.

The only only thing about this issue is that the Xmen basically left her old body there and that "Kwannon" or whoever mystery lady is has the psychic knife in that last page.

But what we see from future covers is that Betsy Braddock has it as well.

So we shall see what happens I guess. Since only like 3 of us are asking for a mini to explore this change.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Thanks! I realized I had seen it actually, but didn't realize it was Bachalo... very underwhelming tbh

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

Maybe a telepathic knife rather then a telekinetic katana
    LOL at that ridiculous triple pose. Oh Land...