Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

I think a book can centre around jean grey and still be able to give other characters substantial interactions and development.

apart from the nova plot and Jean nation plot, the book feels empty. how are Remy and trinary getting along, Kurt and gentle, Kurt and gabby, why aren't these people talking to each other about stuff. it just feels weirdly empty.

but as I Jean fan, it's nice to see her in the spotlight ( just wish I could get her and storm having a real convo)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    It wouldn't short if it wasn't giving off an electric charge at the time of introduction ie the nanite could enter her brain first then activate after being in place. Also, I never said the nanite couldn't have the same charge, I said the opposite. It can have the same charge as there are only two charges ie positive or negative.

As for the scan, last I checked Bogan survived did he not? As did the other telepath. 20,000 amperes of current from a direct lightning strike would fry a human. Most lightning strikes that kill humans are only several hundred amperes because it is not a direct hit. Your scans prove nothing. And as another poster pointed out, her defenses have failed plenty of times because she is not perfect. There is no mutant that is perfect. Sorry.
    Bogan is a Xavier-level psychic entity by himself. He's not human like the rest of us, and added to his already Xavier-level mental powers in that issue was the psi strength of Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    I admire your dedication, but do you realize that science and logic won't work? Nothing you say will change their minds. I'm a Storm fan and I know it's canon that Storm was mind-controlled by nanites and Cassandra's telepathy. Pulling out old Claremont stories is fine. But that's old canon, and Claremont isn't writing the X-men anymore (unfortunately).

Anyway, I like the plot of X-men Red, but the pacing is so slow. I really miss the old-style comics that were packed with dialogue and internal thoughts. Claremont had his issues, but I really loved his dense-style of writing.
    I know. Frankly just breaks up the monotony of the day.

I think this series will read better in tread as people are too used to 3-4 issue arcs or are nostalgic for Claremont era style which I am not even sure present day Claremont can emulate.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Bogan is a Xavier-level psychic entity by himself. He's not human like the rest of us, and added to his already Xavier-level mental powers in that issue was the psi strength of Rachel.
    Not sure you point. She still largely blocks signals and doesn't fry hardware with her internal electric field which was the point I was making.

The poster was trying to compare that to an high level EMP blast that fries physical objects which simply has no basis in physics.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

You don't have a manual either so you can't presume to know how they work unless you are Taylor. And no you have no basis to claim they are not the same charge as her brain since you don't know the charge of her field. Further it is not like there are thousands of options. It can be positive, negative or neutral and two of three of those options would not result in a discharge. So the percentages are in the nanite's favor.

Further as long as the nanite is not communicating then it is not producing external electrical signals that interact with her field and there would be no reason for it to send out a signal until it is in place in her head.

People don't die from her lightning because she is consciously controlling it. However the lightning necessary to neutralize TA is much greater because je is a Hulk level threat and can withstand more. For him to react the way he did to her attack means she fired at him at much higher levels.

By contrast she is not consciously controlling the field in her head and had no idea the nanite was there. And as ai pointed out if it were as powerful as you claim it would kill all the good bacteria in her body and he would have health problems or die. If the 100 trillion bacteria in her body van withstand this field then so can a nanite. Again you don't seem to understand the field is not physically harming objects in her body including 100 trillion foreign bacteria.
    Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    I admire your dedication, but do you realize that science and logic won't work? Nothing you say will change their minds. I'm a Storm fan and I know it's canon that Storm was mind-controlled by nanites and Cassandra's telepathy. Pulling out old Claremont stories is fine. But that's old canon, and Claremont isn't writing the X-men anymore (unfortunately).

Anyway, I like the plot of X-men Red, but the pacing is so slow. I really miss the old-style comics that were packed with dialogue and internal thoughts. Claremont had his issues, but I really loved his dense-style of writing.
    Okay, you guys, you aren't being fair to Butterflykyss. I'm not going to get into the debate, but I will make this one post concerning one of Kyss's scans, and then I'm dropping out of the discussion.

When this happened in the scan he posted: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/0yI-uFsVAN...zPA1D3NX=s1600

Jean was starting to be boosted by the Phoenix Force at the time over in Morrison's book, hence Storm said this: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/mS7kVL01nw...MwLl-ksd=s1600

PLUS, Jean was being boosted by Cerebra when she was blocked: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/SYG98KmBCV...ZUmIlKCh=s1600

So, I really don't buy the nannites being able to affect Storm's mind and not get shorted out by the electrical forces inhabiting her body and nervous system if she's passively blocked out a Jean Grey being boosted by both the Phoenix and Cerebra.

And with that, I'm out of this discussion. People can make out of the facts what they may.
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-23-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I think a book can centre around jean grey and still be able to give other characters substantial interactions and development.

apart from the nova plot and Jean nation plot, the book feels empty. how are Remy and trinary getting along, Kurt and gentle, Kurt and gabby, why aren't these people talking to each other about stuff. it just feels weirdly empty.
    Yeah, agree with that.

BANNED

Not sure you point. She still largely blocks signals and doesn't fry hardware with her internal electric field which was the point I was making.

The poster was trying to compare that to an high level EMP blast that fries physical objects which simply has no basis in physics.
    Electricity is electricity. If striking that Hulk-looking guy in the head with lightning shorted out the nannites in his mind, then Storm channeling those same forces through her body and nervous system should have had the same outcome on that tech.

With that, I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

but as I Jean fan, it's nice to see her in the spotlight ( just wish I could get her and storm having a real convo)
    You just described an actual team book with more then one interpersonal dynamic. Not a book that should be titledJean Grey and her peons.

Electricity is electricity. If striking that Hulk-looking guy in the head with lightning shorted out the nannites in his mind, then Storm channeling those same forces through her body and nervous system should have had the same outcome on that tech.

With that, I'm done.
    No this is wrong. Electricity is not electricity. Lightning is current. What occurs in Storm's head is static electricity which are two completely different types of electricity with completely different types of intensity.

Once again blocking a signal takes less energy as all you are doing is disrupting a signal. Shorting out a nanite takes more energy because you are actually destroying a physical object.

A signal jammer just blocks a wireless signal. It does nothing to the cell tower. By contrast a lightning strike can actually fry your cell phone or cell tower if it is not insulated.

So Storm blocking telepathic probes doesn't prove anything as it relates to a physical nanite. By contrast the lightning she hit TA with is not only frying the nanite but it is frying his cells. He simply is Hulk level durability so he won't die.
    Last edited by remydat; 08-23-2018 at 10:45 AM.

BANNED

No this is wrong. Electricity is not electricity. Lightning is current. What occurs in Storm's head is static electricity which are two completely different types of electricity with completely different types of intensity.

Once again blocking a signal takes less energy as all you are doing is disrupting a signal. Shorting out a nanite takes more energy because you are actually destroying a physical object.

A signal jammer just blocks a wireless signal. It does nothing to the cell tower. By contrast a lightning strike can actually fry your cell phone or cell tower if it is not insulated.

So Storm blocking telepathic probes doesn't prove anything as it relates to a physical nanite.
    I REALLY don't want to get pulled into this discussion, but Storm's mutant metabolism creates lightning. That means she has lightning coursing though her body and nervous system, too, and she was clearly generating or channeling some lightning in/through her body while she was being affected by the nannites: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QGDaimSYZ...600/RCO006.jpg
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-23-2018 at 11:10 AM.

I REALLY don't want to get pulled into this discussion, but Storm's mutant metabolism creates lightning. That means she has lightning coursing though her body and nervous system, too.

Anyway, if you respond to this post, I'll let Butterflykyss and other Storm fans take it from here.
    The scans butterly posted said static. So the field in question is static electricity. Lightning is not static electricity. Lightning is current.

Further the intensity is obviously different as there are 100 trillion foreign micro organisms in a human body. If she were producing lightning at normal intensity, she would kill all those organisms and frankly be constantly sick or die since they are necessary for the human body to function.

You can claim she has immunity from her lightning but those 100 trillion foreign bacteria do not.

So her body is obviously regulating the lighting in such a way so as not to cause harm to foreign organisms and good luck finding 1 nanite among 100 trillion foreign organisms.
    Last edited by remydat; 08-23-2018 at 11:04 AM.

BANNED

The scans butterly posted said static. So the field in question is static electricity. Lightning is not static electricity. Lightning is current.

Further the intensity is obviously different as there are 100 trillion foreign micro organisms in a human body. If she were producing lightning at normal intensity, she would kill all those organisms and frankly be constantly sick or die since they are necessary for the human body to function.

You can claim she has immunity from her lightning but those 100 trillion foreign bacteria do not.

So her body is obviously regulating the lighting in such a way so as not to cause harm to foreign organisms and good luck finding 1 nanite among 100 trillion foreign organisms.
    http://www.edu.pe.ca/gray/class_page...lectricity.htm

"Lightning is like static electricity, except on a much bigger scale. Both lightning and static electricity happen because of the attraction between the opposite charges. "

What we have in Red now is a plothole. Okay?

Anyway, if you respond to this post, I'll let Butterflykyss and other Storm fans take it from here.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

So Storm blocking telepathic probes doesn't prove anything as it relates to a physical nanite. By contrast the lightning she hit TA with is not only frying the nanite but it is frying his cells. He simply is Hulk level durability so he won't die.
    Just say Storm's got a Faraday cage effect in her head to shield her from her lightning.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

http://www.edu.pe.ca/gray/class_page...lectricity.htm

"Lightning is like static electricity, except on a much bigger scale. Both lightning and static electricity happen because of the attraction between the opposite charges. "

What we have in Red now is a plothole. Okay?

Umm no. Much bigger scale makes it much more powerful which has been the point all along. That is why lightning can fry physical objects while all the static in Storm's head does is disrupt signals. He does not fry again the 100 trillion foreign organisms in her body.

https://www.quora.com/Is-lightning-s...nt-electricity

This explains it better. The static electricity is what is building up in the cloud. When it transforms into lighting, the discharge which occurs is in the form of a current although or as the above notes part of the field of electrodynamics even if it originated within the field of electrostatics.

What is sitting in Storms head is the static electricity. It doesn't become a discharge until it collides with a signal that is of the opposite charge.

So this is why he telepathic defenses as are perfect. You would only get a disruption really if the probe had an opposite charge. If it were neutral or the same charge
    Last edited by remydat; 08-23-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Just say Storm's got a Faraday cage effect in her head to shield her from her lightning.
    They are not even getting the difference between static electricity and current electricity so not sure discussing a Faraday cage effect will work as I already told butterfly that the nanite is within the electric field not external to it.
    Last edited by remydat; 08-23-2018 at 12:38 PM.