Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    They'd be cooler if Angel did literally anything with them. He barely singed Daken's shirt with them at his best.
    I could fly and thy can fold up on my back. The want for cosmic fire is mostly aesthetic, tbh.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    reading over this again, just feel terrible for Kid abomination. first he had an accident, and it put his mum in the hospital, then he finds out he's a rage monster, then he has to deal with Tony Stark, then he gets a robot put in his braino Control him, then he gets rescued, then Cassandra mindcontrols him to fight underwater until he drowns, then he gets punched over 6000 feat out of the ocean then gets blasted in his brain by storm.

sucks to be a kid in the marvel universe.
    At least he wasn't put on a bus that exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    people with blue eyes are still human in terms of their physiology. they can still can harmed just like any human. this is true to ororo too. her makeup is the as a human outside of the fact she possesses the xgene. her immunities and abilities are tied to that gene and the only canon physiological changes as a result of this are her blue eyes with cat like retina. that's it. not even her iconic white hair is tied her X-gene
    Humans can't generate electricity so her physiology is obviously different. Again the comics never say exactly how. They just note it is due to the X-gene but that gene has to result in physiological changes in order for her to conduct electricity. Genes don't do things on their own. They are coding.

And you asked the question so if you want to just say it is comics and doesn't have to be explained then that is fine but then not sure why you asked the question.
    Last edited by remydat; 08-25-2018 at 10:21 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

so... since we're at this point let's try to predict what will happen in the upcoming issues.

X-men Red #8

In the wake of an unprecedented assault on
    Atlantis, the X-Men must react and
    recover...while at the mercy of a world that
    grows more hostile to mutants every day,
    and a foe who is determined to keep it that
    way!

X-men Red #9

• Following the shocking events of X-MEN RED #8,
    it's time for Jean to finally confront her demon
    head-on.
    • Jean Grey and Cassandra Nova... The showdown
    begins here!

X-men Red #10

In the aftermath of a showdown between Jean Grey
    and Cassandra Nova, the rules have changed - and
    the battle is nowhere near over! It's all hands on
    deck as the building wave of hatred against
    mutants crashes down on the X-Men!

so... I'm guessing, next issue they track down Nova somehow, or jean faces her on the astral plane. I feel they would meet face to face, jeans team Vs whatever nova has gathered around the world, like Rachel, other mutants she controlled or robots forge built.

then #9 will be the nova Vs jean fight, which might end with jeans winning but nova revealing her trump card. which could be Rachel (making her unleash her full potential in the world or using her to control or create havok) or releasing sentinites around the world to make civilians attack mutants, or taking control of anyone that has a sentinite and making all governments try to decimate mutants.

that would be what #10s description is talking about, and they would probably spend the issue dealing with it, and fully take care of it in #11 and end the arc. if we're lucky, get an #12 for closure.

what do you guys think
    Hopefully the team will have something to do while Jean takes on Nova. Maybe shutting down the facility producing the sentinite.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    At least he wasn't put on a bus that exploded.
    too soon, man.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Amazing Member

interesting, that means Jeans force field also took the hit from kid abominations punch. combined with the pressure of being at the bottom of the ocean.

speaking of which, Gentle punched kid abomination from the bottom of the ocean, straight out to the surface and into the sky where storm was. that was impressive and really cool strength feat .
    I'm not sure we can consider the oxygen field a force-field. Depends on the concept Taylor is using here; if the outlining is tangible telekinetic energy, yes, but if she's simply holding the air and/or pushing the water, which I think it's the case cause Nezhno grabbed Teen Abomination's hand directly with a burst of bubbles... no. Our Gentle is just stronger

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Humans can't generate electricity so her physiology is obviously different. Again the comics never say exactly how. They just note it is due to the X-gene but that gene has to result in physiological changes in order for her to conduct electricity. Genes don't do things on their own. They are coding.

And you asked the question so if you want to just say it is comics and doesn't have to be explained then that is fine but then not sure why you asked the question.
    orori has been in the hospital two times that I can think of canonically. once when bitten by Dracula and once when she was reverted to a child. the only differences the doctors observed in the latter was her blood (which wasnt specific ru her but all mutant blood because of the xgene). outside of this she was observed as being a regular woman.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/PwaUyyY1mm...niWVlnFA=s1600

note the doctors wasnt even aware she was a mutant as her physiology (outside the blood) was that of a regular woman.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno M. View Post
    I'm not sure we can consider the oxygen field a force-field. Depends on the concept Taylor is using here; if the outlining is tangible telekinetic energy, yes, but if she's simply holding the air and/or pushing the water, which I think it's the case cause Nezhno grabbed Teen Abomination's hand directly with a burst of bubbles... no. Our Gentle is just stronger
    I'm assuming it's like when she goes to space. she's keeping a force field around herself with oxygen inside. Not doubting Gentles strength though, the kid is crazy strong.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    orori has been in the hospital two times that I can think of canonically. once when bitten by Dracula and once when she was reverted to a child. the only differences the doctors observed in the latter was her blood (which wasnt specific ru her but all mutant blood because of the xgene). outside of this she was observed as being a regular woman.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/PwaUyyY1mm...niWVlnFA=s1600

note the doctors wasnt even aware she was a mutant as her physiology (outside the blood) was that of a regular woman.
    The doctor wasn't trying to examine how Storm conducts electricity so the above really doesn't tell us anything.

As I noted in example with the electric eel, it is theorized, they release a protein that insulates their cells from the electricity they produce. The above is not going to find such a protein because they are not specifically looking for it. The doctor in the above is simply concerned with saving her life not mapping out all the physiological processes in her body.

A sub-discipline of biology, its focus is in how organisms, organ systems, organs, cells, and biomolecules carry out the chemical and physical functions that exist in a living system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physiology

If her body releases proteins to insulate herself from her electricity while she conducts electricity then that would be a difference in physiology as physiology relates to chemical processes not just physical.

If by physiology, you simply mean whether all her parts look largely human then sure they do. However, with respect to the actual scientific definition it is 100% confirmed her physiology is different because the ability to conduct electricity is a process/function that goes on in her body that does not happen in baseline humans. That by definition is a physiological difference.

Expecting the comics to clearly articulate how her body is different is just odd. They are not going to waste time on this when all they are doing is writing a story for a kid to read.
    Last edited by remydat; 08-26-2018 at 08:41 AM.

BANNED

Her mutant metabolism generates electricity. I read your other post about electrical eels and stuff. That is completely irrelevant to Storm. While I have been too busy to read your other posts, so I may not be up to date on what you are discussing, but if it has anything to do with Storm's immunity to lightning, you can't make up your own explanation as to how her powers work without any canon to substantiate it. The lady is immune to lightning, and that's that.
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-26-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Her mutant metabolism generates electricity. I read your other post about electrical eels and stuff. That is completely irrelevant to Storm. While I have been too busy to read your other posts, so I may not be up to date on what you are discussing, but if it has anything to do with Storm's immunity to lightning, you can't make up your own explanation as to how her powers work without any canon to substantiate it. The lady is immune to lightning, and that's that.
    Metabolism is a subset of physiology. So again by definition her metabolism has to be different than humans which means her physiology is different than humans.

Genes are just coding. So for her mutant gene to result in metabolism generating electricity then it means her gene is coding her body in such away to allow for such metabolism to take place and in a way different than other humans.

One of byproducts of metabolism is the production of various proteins, acids, etc. So in the eel example, its metabolism would result in the production of a protein that insulates against electricity in addition to allowing for the generation of electricity. So again, the comics don't explain this in detail but nothing I have said is inconsistent with what you are saying.

So no the eel stuff is not irrelevant to Storm. It is a real world example about how an organism's metabolism can produce electricity and also insulate itself against said electricity. Since the comics never explain this in any great detail, it would be the best mechanism for us to imagine how this is possible. Of course, if you don't wish to imagine it and just say it is comics that is fine but then don't ask me questions about physiology (not you but butterfly). I was simply responding to his scientific inquiry by using science. Radical concept I know.
    Last edited by remydat; 08-26-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Amazing Member

I'm assuming it's like when she goes to space. she's keeping a force field around herself with oxygen inside. Not doubting Gentles strength though, the kid is crazy strong.
    Not a fan of telekinetic energy being shaped as pleased, works better for me if she's just holding the air/pushing the water, but you're probably right.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

The doctor wasn't trying to examine how Storm conducts electricity so the above really doesn't tell us anything.

As I noted in example with the electric eel, it is theorized, they release a protein that insulates their cells from the electricity they produce. The above is not going to find such a protein because they are not specifically looking for it. The doctor in the above is simply concerned with saving her life not mapping out all the physiological processes in her body.

A sub-discipline of biology, its focus is in how organisms, organ systems, organs, cells, and biomolecules carry out the chemical and physical functions that exist in a living system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physiology

If her body releases proteins to insulate herself from her electricity while she conducts electricity then that would be a difference in physiology as physiology relates to chemical processes not just physical.

If by physiology, you simply mean whether all her parts look largely human then sure they do. However, with respect to the actual scientific definition it is 100% confirmed her physiology is different because the ability to conduct electricity is a process/function that goes on in her body that does not happen in baseline humans. That by definition is a physiological difference.

Expecting the comics to clearly articulate how her body is different is just odd. They are not going to waste time on this when all they are doing is writing a story for a kid to read.
    You are missing the point of that analysis. If that was anything strikingly different about her physiology the doctor would have noted it. Everything you are saying in regards to the functionality of her immunity to lightning has never been said, and again I've provided evidence from canon to demonstrate that everything (aside from her blood) relating to her body from a doctor's assessment of her is just as a regular woman and yet you still attempt to discount the proof from 616. Where is your proof of your theories from the actual comic? I've support for mine, which as I said you would do early you just ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    exactly. he is making up his own explanation. none of what he is saying is supported by ANYTHING in canon.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-26-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Once again an ER doctor trying to save a patient is not ordering tests to determine her physiology. We still don't completely understand human physiology today so the idea that some ER doctor from the 80s or whenever this story took place is an expert on human physiology is laughable. Think you might be confusing physiology with anatomy.

I am not claiming what I said is in the books. I am claiming this is not covered in the books so speculating based on science. Nothing in the comics contradicts what I say because the comics don't cover this in detail. That is what I said from the start.

You have no idea the reasons for her immunity. It just says she is immune. However her being immune by definition means her physiology is different because other humans are not immune. Having an immunity to something means you are physiologically different.

You guys are still using words you don't understand. If you want to say Storm has largely human physiology then that is fine. But she can't have mutant genes that result in mutant powers unless those genes result in alterations to her physiology as genes once again are simply coding.

Just because you can't see obvious differences in anatomy doesn't mean she is physiologically the same. There has never been a physiological workup of Storm.
    Last edited by remydat; 08-26-2018 at 01:14 PM.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene

Here let's start from the beginning. Genes code for molecules that have a function. Those molecules are often times proteins.

So the mutant gene is coding various molecules to perform functions that result in mutant powers.

Now let's stop there. Do you guys agree or disagree with the above?