Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Stragenly enougth i found it educational lol.
    Oh, I'm certain people will learn things, but that's not the point. The point is that we're trying to analyze the electrical properties of the brain of a woman who has control of the weather. That defies all laws of physics. You can't apply logic and reasoning to a comic book. Don't take it too seriously, guys.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I never bought any of those books either. Claremont old stuff wasnt like these new solo books written as team books.
    But even Claremont had his faults, he clearly valued Storm over most his casts save Wolverine and he often times showed it. Did others have moments heck yeah, but Storm was his obvious fave in and out of comics and he definitely overdid it in many aspects. It's also one of the reasons many writers don't know what to do with her, and there are also MANY MANY negative connotations attached to their lack of vision for her. That said Claremont isn't the be all end all that some make him out to be and most if not all of his work done on Storm is ignored by other writers, and some of her fans need to come to grips with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Are people really that upset that this book is Jean centered? You all realize that she was gone for 13 years, right? She deserves to be in the spotlight after being absent for so long. And I LOVE that this book resonates with political undertones.

This!!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    All it's done is turn me against a character I never had an aversion to before, and I hate that I let fandom have that kind of effect on me. Jean has been gone for 13 years, regularly appears in 1 book (Red), while Storm is in Gold, Red and appears to be popping up in Black Panther stories. Now I just want her to go away.

In terms of pacing, I think the reason it doesn't bother me is because I feel so much of the book resonates. T. Taylor does a good job at making characters I never had a use for (Jean, Namor, X23) feel 3 dimensional. Or gives them enough character, I feel they are worth knowing more about. If Taylor isn't going to be working on Uncanny, I would happily read a mini-series where Jean has a solitary side adventure, with other characters in the Marvel Universe.
    The arguments are almost laughable, MOST of the entire cast are literally pulling double duty, Storm specifically has appeared in over four titles for several months now. But no Red is her problem....

Agree with Gambit KoT

I enjoyed this issue, like the whole series, BUT

We are not getting the right amount of character work, I feel, for any of the team. I understand it’s hard, in team books, etc...

You have to show the villain, advance the plot, have bits of humor, mystery, etc....

Taylor makes it real hard, because he uses about 25 words per page...... it’s so frustrating, (I know some pages have more words, don’t @me)

Without any narration, or thought bubbles, (god dammit they are needed in modern comics) it’s hard to get into a character you know? How can I get into the adventures of gabby or Laura, or trinary if I don’t know their innermost thoughts and feelings, their hopes, desires, or fears?

All that can’t come from dialogue alone,

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Let’s face it they don’t actually seem to understand what electricity is, the difference between an electrical field and the flow of electricity, what an EMP is, how powerful lightning is, how tiny the charge of a nanite would be, how electricity flows within a human brain, or what an electrical short is. There is no point trying to convince them.
    Well when you put it like that I'm kind of embarrassed I let it get this far, lol.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Let's make this simple.

1. Please explain to me what charge the static in Storm's field carries ie positive, negative or neutral.

2. Please explain to me what charge the nanite carries ie positive, negative or neutral.

3. Please explain to me the average amount of amperes Storm's static field generates.

4. Please explain to me the average amount of amperes the attack on TA produced.

5. Please provide evidence that Storm's static field has shorted out and killed a telepath/destroyed hardware (ie Cerebro).

6. Please explain how the 100 trillion foreign organisms in Storm's body survive this massive static field you claim to exist.

7. Please explain why Storm has been possessed before and why she should have a 100% success rate in keeping out foreign organisms despite there currently being approximately 100 trillion foreign organisms currently in her body.

It is your argument that this doesn't make sense. So it is you that has to prove with evidence that what happened here is not possible. Comics has 20 pages. No one is going to waste time with some detailed explanation for something that isn't massively important to the plot just to appease rabid Storm fans.

Once you have answers to the above that support your argument please let me know.

Sure thing.

1. Static electricity (which is in Ororo's brain) occurs when there is an imbalance of both positively and negatively charge atoms. One example of static electricity is lightning. (See link for reference, which is from an electric plant company fyi).

https://www.brightridge.com/resource...tric-learning/
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_electricity

Therefore, her brain would contain a combination of both positive and negative charges.

2. I'm not certain what the setinite charge would be but it wouldn't contain both an imbalance of charges such as the static in Ororo's brain. This fact then supports my position that the nanite would be shorted upon contact with her brain. That said, a short circuit again simply involves an excessive amount of current (as a result of low resistance) damaging a power source within the circuit. This would result in an equipment failure due to being damage, which in our example the nanite is the equipment that would fail.

3. The static in Ororo's brain would have to be able to compensate for lightning she channels through her body at or beyond its maximum amperage levels as she is immune to lightning.

Therefore, at the upper levels it would be somewhere around the highest reported value which is over 200,000 amps.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...ightning2.html

4. Ororo wouldn't want to kill TA, so I would argue she wouldn't generate anything above the average amperage that has been measured, which is between 5,000 and 20,000 amps (see link above for reference). If we are looking at the high-end of that I would assume the lightning she generated against TA was approximately 20,000 amps plus or minus a 1000. This would mean that the nanite shorted at around 20,000 amps which is far less than above 200,000 amps (the approx.amperage that exists in her brain). Please note the amperage of lightning could exist at much higher than 200k but hasnt been observed/recorded.

5. Why would I need to demonstrate the feedback from her brain being attacked killing someone? People have been struck by lightning before and haven't died. It doesn't make it any less dangerous.

6. They wouldnt harm her because those organisms are in communion with her body as it naturally exist; the nanite would not fall in this category. Any foreign entity meant to bring her harm would cause an imbalance which she would be able to sense.

If you are unfamiliar with this story all the xmen had been implanted with brood eggs/embryos but were not aware of this. Ororo however was able to sense something was not in harmony with her body, mind, and spirit which allowed her to be aware of the parasite.

7. Ororo, in the past, has been controlled by high-level telepaths. But it typically results in a lot of exertion on the telepath's part. An answer as to why she has been taken down can also be explained by the will of her mind, body, and spirit as well. The greater these aspects of her character are the harder it will be for a telepath to possess her. That is why if she is caught of guard or by surprise she could theoretically be taken out by a telepath if the assault was strong enough.

In these examples below she was able to overcome possession of the Shadow King, whose telepathy in on par with Xavier's.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/GhZ6gzSSZI...22-wOzZB=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/6iK92DO5u8...2ms_OnUj=s1600

Another example of Xavier saying it's hard for him to contact her telepathically under normal circumstances:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...8295-43876.jpg

And that's fine if it doesn't make sense to you. It makes perfect sense to me but hope this helps to answer all the questions you had. Lastly, when considering all these aforementioned things the way Taylor wrote this issue around the nanite vulnerabilities simply dont add up.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-24-2018 at 06:49 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

there is wayyyyyyy too much research going into a minor quirk
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    there is wayyyyyyy too much research going into a minor quirk
    I come with receipts boo... who gone check me
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

let me rephrase:
    damn I wish I had that kind of time on my hands I'm so busy right now

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    let me rephrase:
    damn I wish I had that kind of time on my hands I'm so busy right now
    I'm busy too... but I had to make time to address all of those questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    But even Claremont had his faults, he clearly valued Storm over most his casts save Wolverine and he often times showed it. Did others have moments heck yeah, but Storm was his obvious fave in and out of comics and he definitely overdid it in many aspects. It's also one of the reasons many writers don't know what to do with her, and there are also MANY MANY negative connotations attached to their lack of vision for her. That said Claremont isn't the be all end all that some make him out to be and most if not all of his work done on Storm is ignored by other writers, and some of her fans need to come to grips with that.

This!!

The arguments are almost laughable, MOST of the entire cast are literally pulling double duty, Storm specifically has appeared in over four titles for several months now. But no Red is her problem....
    her powers have not been ignored by coates, willow, Yost to name a few.

I'm busy too... but I had to make time to address all of those questions.
    fair point.

I come with receipts boo... who gone check me
    lol Storm Fans should run for Congress

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol Storm Fans should run for Congress
    The only possible scenario for Storm fans in charge is a dictatorship lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    100% agree with this. I'm a big Storm fan, but I know that Claremont overpowered Storm and later writers have sensibly scaled her powers back. Personally, I wish writers would focus on her leadership skills more, since she proved to be a better leader than Scott. I'd also prefer to see more focus on her long history with Jean, Kurt, and Remy. The characters interactions in X-men Red have definitely been lacking. Storm should have gone with Remy on the phone heist. There would have been many opportunities for callbacks to the teenage Storm issues, (e.g. Storm lifting the plane to escape from the Shadow King).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The only possible scenario for Storm fans in charge is a dictatorship lol.
    Every channel will be The Weather Channel