Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I liked it. Best current X team book.

Finally some action.

Also art is beautiful! Body language and facial expressions are drawn really good. I hope Carmen will stay on X books.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 08-22-2018 at 07:49 AM.

The attack on Atlantis and fight was a bit underwhelming

This is a good book but it sucks having to wait 6 weeks for an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Just from the description meh. It is super slow. The whole issue is stopping the plane. Really? That could have been a few pages at least. Oh well im not suprised since newesr solits have come and they are Still fighting Nova. I feel this book will be only one major arc annd end at 12.
    I agree with this, once I finished reading it my first thought was "that's it? I waited a month for just that?". I mean it's not a bad book but the story advances at the pace of a snail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    It's essentially being written for trade so will definitely read better in one go. I liked all the action in this, everyone got a turn to shine, except maybe Gambit, but he was leading the group at least.
    Yup, his role was telling Kurt to go to the cabin and asking Trinary to stop the sentinel, pretty pointless if you ask me.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

This was EVERYTHING! Jean did that! Taylor is killing it. I don’t mind the pacing, especially when crafting a fleshed out story that’s introduced a new character, a new team, a new base, and new take on an old threat. Even characters who are usually insufferable like Honey Badger were good here. I’m baffled by the lack of love for this title. Have people grown so use to subpar writing that they really prefer the Pander Express that is Rosenberg and the trash that Thompson puts out? “But mah featz! Needs moar jokes!” 🙄 If Red is ending, I’ll miss Taylor’s thoughtful style.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    This was EVERYTHING! Jean did that! Taylor is killing it. I don’t mind the pacing, especially when crafting a fleshed out story that’s introduced a new character, a new team, a new base, and new take on an old threat. Even characters who are usually insufferable like Honey Badger were good here. I’m baffled by the lack of love for this title. Have people grown so use to subpar writing that they really prefer the Pander Express that is Rosenberg and the trash that Thompson puts out? “But mah featz! Needs moar jokes!” �� If Red is ending, I’ll miss Taylor’s thoughtful style.
    Its really not necesary to bash other writers in order to boast about this title. People have different tastes and thats fine

This wasn't a bad issue, it was decent. I don't know why but this feels like a mini to me.

One thing I need is for Jean to get a new costume. The more I look at this costume, the more I dislike it.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-22-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I think 7 out of 10 overall was good. But as some have commented it's kind of slow.

I loved the scenes with the fall of the plane and the Sentinel. Too bad that Namor had not done much in this issue for a long time did not see him in action.

I think it would have ended better with Cassandra's reaction after Jean revealed her plans.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I think people should just face the truth that Red is a maxiseries like Astonishing and the fight with Cassandra is the whole premise until it probably ends in december or january. It should be clear by now and show there's no reason for the fight to be over by issue 10 or 11.
    That's what I'm thinking. Cassandra's plans are way too big of a threat for just Jean's team to be dealing with, so either Nova will be taken care of and that will be the end of Red, or those plans will explode into something that all the X-Men will need to come together to fight...and that will be the end of Red.

Gabby isn't spouting annoying "cute" nonsense! Yay!

But overall, it was just meh. Nothing in this book ever feels impactful. I guess Taylor's style of writing isn't for me.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its really not necesary to bash other writers in order to boast about this title. People have different tastes and thats fine
    It’s not necessary to police my reaction to what I find to be a perplexing situation concerning subpar work. I find Rosenberg’s writing to be a stream of quasi humorous, pandering nonsense; and I think KT’s work is trash. It baffles me that people laud what I consider to be ill conceived garbage and pan this title.

Edited because I came off sharper than intended
    Last edited by LeonardEugenius; 08-22-2018 at 08:48 AM.

It’s not necessary to police my reaction to what I find to be a perplexing situation concerning subpar work. I find Rosenberg’s writing to be a stream of quasi humorous, pandering nonsense; and I think KT’s work is trash. It baffles me that people laud what I consider to be ill conceived garbage and pan this title.

Edited because I came off sharper than imtended
    You keep saying 'pandering', but what in his work gives off that vibe?

Edited because I came off sharper than intended
    why do you care if people like the work of those two?