Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Geez. Why do these threads always devolve into my favorite character is better than your favorite character debates? That go absolutely nowhere for pages and Pages until one side just gets too tired to continue.

Do you know what the definition of insanity is?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    It is head canon because nothing you just said is explicitly stated in the comics. Nothing in the comics says her static field is as powerful as her lightning. That is your opinion based on your reading scans that don't actually say that.

I didn't have to provide a scan because it was already in the scans provided. The scan already said her body is immune to temperature changes and channels energy without being hurt. So that describes something that is an insulator in addition to being a conductor.
    ok beloved. ok.
    you cant because there is nothing to support you with that. Whether you agree with me or not I've at least built my case using canon... you've yet to do so.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-24-2018 at 04:39 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Geez. Why do these threads always devolve into my favorite character is better than your favorite character debates? That go absolutely nowhere for pages and Pages until one side just gets too tired to continue.

Because people are bored. That's why I'm here (at work).

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because people are bored. That's why I'm here (at work).
    lolol ugh goddess me too. I'm ready to get off.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

My favorite character actually IS probably better than your favorite character, but I can say that because I wasn't really a part of this argument.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ok beloved. ok.
    you cant because there is nothing to support you with that. Whether you agree with me or not I've at least built my case using canon... you've yet to do so.
    Lol

The scan you provided says her body is immune to temperature variations. So my argument is also based on the canon. You simply already provided the scan that supports my view. Any object creating electricity while maintaining it's core temperature is likely insulated unless you think Storm also has internal air conditioning.

It doesn't say she is an insulator but neither does your scan say her static field is as powerful as her lightning. So we both interpreting scans but again my interpretation is based on physics. Yours is based on you loving Storm.
    Last edited by remydat; 08-24-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Lol

The scan you provided says her body is immune to temperature variations. You can't channel and create electricity without temperature rising so if she is immune then it means she is an insulator.

So my argument is also based on the canon. You simply already provided the scan that supports. It doesn't see she is an insulator but neither does your scan say her static field is as powerful as her lightning.
    lolol you missed the first block.

"her mutant gift is the ability to control the weather." now here is the important part "NONE of its manifestations can directly harm her."

nothing in that scan says she is an insulator of lightning. insulators dont allow current or temperature through them so if she channels lightning through her, how then would the lightning flow through her if she was an insulator? none of what you are saying makes sense my friend.

and please can we continue this in the storm thread. I think this topic is extending beyond this issue now

"her mutant gift is the ability to control the weather." now here is the important part "NONE of its manifestations can directly harm her."

nothing in that scan says she is an insulator of lightning. insulators dont allow current or temperature through them so if she channels lightning through her, how then would the lightning flow through her if she was an insulator? none of what you are saying makes sense my friend.

and please can we continue this in the storm thread. I think this topic is extending beyond this issue now
    If anything, she's a superconductor.
    Idea: Cut Storm into filaments and build a supercomputer out of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Sad part is it wouldn't even be the single most offensive thing Marvel has done with the character.

She conducts and insulates electricity. She does both. That is the point. In the field of electronics it is called a capacitor and is basically how most complex electrical machines operate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Don't mind me, just checking in...
    Yupp...
    still the Not Storm Appreciation Thread

now this is actually a better comparison. I would agree here.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Sad part is it wouldn't even be the single most offensive thing Marvel has done with the character.
    very true. I would agree here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Don't mind me, just checking in...
    Yupp...
    still the Not Storm Appreciation Thread
    This isn't appreciation. This is "I know I'm right and I won't stop until YOU know it too!"
    i will admit I am frequently guilty of this, but I am trying REALLY hard to remember this is comics and not to pick a side here.

Yes but a superconductor needs insulation to stop it from overheating.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supe...unnel_junction

No one constructs conductors for any advanced system without some insulator as you need to control the flow as well as prevent malfunction.