Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    What is the purpose of Storm in this book?
    That can be said about many of the characters and that's the problem that arises when you have such a huge roster, each character has very limited panel time.

Fantastic Member

I really liked the issue. One thing Jean lacks that the other X-Men do not, is a sense of guile. I feel like Cassandra's antics, in terms of intrigue, are things characters like Cyclops, Storm, Xavier and others would be able to combat better, because Jean doesn't really work that way. This makes for a nice counter dynamic between Cassandra and Jean so I'm not complaining, just something that has become more clear to me as the series has progressed. Jean is big ideas, big heart but she needs a counter on her team that's grounded and maybe even a little cynical, to help her cover bases.

I don't get the gripes about who does what, I think Jean is the only character NOT appearing in another book isn't she? Storm is a headliner in Gold (I hear it's positively Shakespeare), X23 and Gabby have a Wolverine book, Gambit is a headliner in Mr. & Mrs. X. The only one's not getting exposure elsewhere are Jean, Namor, Trinary and Gentle. Though in all honesty, I don't think I can recall a book that uses it's ENTIRE cast. But then again, I like Jean a great deal, so this book is head and collars above the other X-Books right now.

If other teams are going to get involved, I really hope it's the other teams in the MU and not another X-Team. Avengers, Fantastic Four or someone else would really help this story feel even more Global, though it's doing fine already.

And Jean's world announcement helps me understand how her name is being dropped all over the Marvel Universe. LOL, though it may be unintentional by the editors. But Jean's name being bandied about by Tony Stark makes sense, since everyone received her Message.
    Last edited by PowerPlay25; 08-22-2018 at 09:50 AM.

The roster is too big and Jean makes the rest of the team redundant. Namor not being able to out muscle kid abomination in water.
    Yeah, Namor got jobbed.

This issue was okay, but I wish Jean had a bit more personality
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Let’s just bring Emma in and have her and Jean tagteam Nova.

I’m absolutely in love with storm’s costume

482409A8-2493-426F-A156-F35832B767BF.jpg
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    Let’s just bring Emma in and have her and Jean tagteam Nova.
    No, Jean is going to kick Nova alone.
    I can't wait to see how these boards are going to explode when Taylor shows Jean is no pushover.
    Specially the people that always denigrates Jean to prop up Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    No, Jean is going to kick Nova alone.
    I can't wait to see how these boards are going to explode when Taylor shows Jean is no pushover.
    Specially the people that always denigrates Jean to prop up Emma.
    So Taylor plans to make his entire roster redundant again? And a mind controlled Rachel Grey is still floating around too before the series ends by issue 12.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yeah, Namor got jobbed.
    I think if wasnt for the innocent people on the way, Namor would have beaten him

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’m absolutely in love with storm’s costume

482409A8-2493-426F-A156-F35832B767BF.jpg
    I nominate that panel for future use in "I am about to school you on <insert subject here>" arguments. Maybe my favorite Storm panel since the 90s.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

So Taylor plans to make his entire roster redundant again? And a mind controlled Rachel Grey is still floating around too before the series ends by issue 12.
    I totally forgot about Rachel. Maybe she will help.

My point is that this is the Jean show, she was dead for more than a decade she deserves the spotlight.

Issue was solid and enjoyable. Characterizations and dialogue were all good. Action was decent, though limited for several characters. My only complaint was that it was such a fast read. I definitely got the impression early on that this was likely to be more of a maxi type book with a singular focus and theme. And I really dig that theme, but they probably can't carry it indefinitely. They aren't really an official team, just the group that came together through a series of events which are taking place over a relatively short timespan. That does make it feel more drawn out with slower pacing. My guess and hope is that Red will end at 12, but a bunch of new books will spin out of Disassembled and Taylor will be on one of them possibly with much of this same roster.

Where was it confirmed the series is ending on 12?

BANNED

maybe it could have been more entertaining if more opponents were under thrall who were fighting the team so that they could get some action.

I actually thought most of the team members had a pretty good showing in this issue incl. Trinary who I wasn't completely sold on before. This continues to be a good series and I don't mind the slow pacing.