Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storm has a constant electric field around her brain. if an electrical based attack was all that was needed to take it out it should have been shorted under her latent abilities itself.

LOL, clearly the electric field around her brain is not strong enough to impact all the electrodes firing in her brain so why would it impact a nanite? The strength and intensity of a lightning attack specifically aimed at the nanite is far different than an electric field. Unless you are going to argue Storm can't generate lightning stronger than this electric field.

Is that your argument? That Storm is so weak that her lightning hits with the intensity of the weak ass electric field around her?

Perhaps you didn't think this argument all the way through and simply are trying too hard to find fault.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Question: Those of you clamouring for double-shipping, what did you all do when books were shipped monthly only, not so long ago?
    The same thing I do now. Eagerly anticipate the issue even though I wish it came sooner.

I think there are two camps of people

1) those who think it not double shipping is a weakness or a complaint about the book itself.

2) those who want double shipping just because they are anticiptig the next issue so badl.

Bendis’s anxm was the exact same for me. I loved that book so much. It had a reputation for being slow. I remember an arc with the future brotherhood... jean literally had psychic combat with the villain over THREE issues.I wanted it to ship more frequently but it didn’t make me think the book was any worse for going monthly. I just don’t think 3.99 is so expensive like some do so if I had it my way I’d take a weekly or biweekly book on any of my favorites.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Amazing Member

You can't be serious. We're not talking about telepathic probes here...
    How the lightning bolt used against Teen Abomination does it even compare to her natural amount of electricity?

Trinary was gorgeous in this and clearly had an impact even if injured.

I didn't like Namor jobbing to Abomination Jr. Namor should have beaten Abomination easily IMO.

Don't think he was jobbing so much as he was more concerned with his people.

One punch isn't going to stop TA and Namor didn't have time to fight an extended battle hence why he passed TA off to Gentle.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    LOL, clearly the electric field around her brain is not strong enough to impact all the electrodes firing in her brain so why would it impact a nanite? The strength and intensity of a lightning attack specifically aimed at the nanite is far different than an electric field. Unless you are going to argue Storm can't generate lightning stronger than this electric field.

Is that your argument? That Storm is so weak that her lightning hits with the intensity of the weak ass electric field around her?

Perhaps you didn't think this argument all the way through and simply are trying too hard to find fault.
    so you are telling me static electric field strong enough to prevent Jean (one of the strongest telepaths on the planet) from probing her brain deeper wouldnt be strong enough to render the nanites useless or, at the very least, compromise it in a way it wouldnt have such a strong hold on her? also why would a woman who channels lightning through her body on a regular own physiology be affected in any manner? I dont understand that logic. I am not making the point that the strength and intensity of the lightning is a factor here. I'm saying her latent static in her head that has allowed her to be enough to prevent Jean from doing anything is strong enough to have done the same to the nanite, especially considering Ororo referenced it as a computer.

And I did, but I'm not sure you understood the point I was trying to make.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-22-2018 at 04:38 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so you are telling me static electric field strong enough to prevent Jean (one of the strongest telepaths on the planet) from probing her brain deeper wouldnt be strong enough to render the nanites useless or, at the very least, compromise it in a way it wouldnt have such a strong hold on her? also why would a woman who channels lightning through her body on a regular own physiology be affected in any manner? I dont understand that logic. I am not making the point that the strength and intensity of the lightning is a factor here. I'm saying her latent static in her head that has allowed her to be enough to prevent Jean from doing anything is strong enough to have done the same to the nanite, especially considering Ororo referenced it as a computer.

And I did, but I'm not sure you understood the point I was trying to make.
    No jamming a signal is different from destroying the source of a signal. A signal jammer is weaker than an EMP. You are confusing two completely different things.

Further without knowing the nanite is there, the nanite would be no different than any other cell in her body that has an electrical impulse. The static field is obviously not designed to interfere with Storm's internal functions. It deals with external probes.

So there is no logical reason for her electric field to be able to distinguish between the nanite and Storm's brain cells unless Storm knows what she is looking for which she didn't when she was under its influence.

Storm can attack TA the way she did because she knows he is durable so her in essence EMP blast frying some of his cells as well is fine because he can regrow them. Her attack on someone that can't heal like TA likely fries their brain cells and kills them.
    Last edited by remydat; 08-22-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Also, given how Trinary had problems figuring out how to shut it down, it's probably shielded, and pretty invulnerable.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I don't really get the feel that the characters are wallpaper either. Gambit obviously doesn't do much this issue but his role here was that of running the team so he performs that role as he should. Not every character in a novel or movie is a major character or gets a ton of story time so the question is less about whether they have enough panel time but rather whether the use of their panel time makes sense and so far it does for me.
    Yeah, I have a problem with the bolded bit. Since when is field leader his role?

We're starting to run into the same thing with this title as with other titles where the wealth doesn't get spread. The resentment will ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Yeah, I have a problem with the bolded bit. Since when is field leader his role?

We're starting to run into the same thing with this title as with other titles where the wealth doesn't get spread. The resentment will ramp.
    Yep especially with Nightcrawler there. And if Storm or Namor were on that side of the team it should have been one of them

Well Gambit is the King of Thieves, so i'm going to assume that he knew a thing or two about leading.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

It's not a permanent role. They're stealing a thing. And from the dialogue, it's pretty obvious he was in charge there. He's also been an X-Man longer than anybody on the jet.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Question

No jamming a signal is different from destroying the source of a signal. A signal jammer is weaker than an EMP. You are confusing two completely different things.

Further without knowing the nanite is there, the nanite would be no different than any other cell in her body that has an electrical impulse. The static field is obviously not designed to interfere with Storm's internal functions. It deals with external probes.

So there is no logical reason for her electric field to be able to distinguish between the nanite and storms brain cells.

Storm can attack TA the way she did because she knows he is durable so her in essence EMP blast frying some of his cells as well is fine because he can regrow them. Her attack on someone that can't heal like TA likely fries their brain cells and kills them.
    1. Based upon what exactly?

2. Again based upon what? We know Storms her static in her brain has allowed her to keep an omega level mutant from probing her mind. what are you basing your analysis on the its ability to resist certain electrical charges save Taylor's story which seem to be inconsistent within the same book?

3. you havent substainted any of your logic with facts. the mechanical components of a nanite wouldnt be the same as the physiology of her brain cells. the premise behind your argument is flawed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Also, given how Trinary had problems figuring out how to shut it down, it's probably shielded, and pretty invulnerable.
    but it's clearly vulnerable to storm being able to short circuit it.

They were on a mission to steal something. Who better to lead than the best thief on the team?