Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Default Shazam Guardians

Ok, I’m looking into the Marvel history, and I was looking at the adult caretakers Billy has had, and here’s what I’ve gottem so far.

Golden Era- He stayed with Ebenezer Batson for what I assume was between a few months to two years before getting kicked out. After that, he took care of himself and did not get a new guardian.

The New Beginning- He was initially staying with Dudley Batson, but stayed for a while with Dr. Sivana (who’s role was fused with Ebenezer Batson) before running off to rejoin Uncle Dudley.

70’s show- He was about 19 and traveling with Mentor, who appeared to be an amalgamation of Uncle Dudley and the Wizard.

The Power of Shazam- He was kicked out and passed himself off as his own uncle.

Vs. The Monster Society of Evil/The Magic of Shazam- same as the Power of Shazam, though with Mary tagging along.

Young Justice- Uncle Dudley’s back, though we don’t see much of him since this isn’t only Billy’s story.

New 52/Film- The Vasquez parents foster him.

Is there any I’m missing? Also, of the situations, who or what do you prefer.

Personally, I’d like to develop Victor and Rosa a bit, see how they react in response to Billy’s powers and responsibilities. Dudley would be there, too, functionally as an uncle (perhaps biologically to Darla.)
    Last edited by SilverWarriorWolf; 08-22-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Love the Vazquez family foster home set-up.
    Although i'd like to get more back story on how each of them got there.
    Keep the wicked Ebenezer plot as a part of Billy's tragic past.
    And particularly Mary, who should at one point transitioned through another family. The Bromfields and hopefully keeping the classic separated from Billy at birth origin. And eventually the they are both Batsons reveal.

Also i'd be fine if this home became a foothold for Billy. But also had adventures where he sometimes lives and travels outside, but they are there for him if he needs them.

And definitely introduce Uncle Dudley, who hopefully shows up in a Winobego and takes them on a grand tour America adventure.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-22-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm fine with the set up Geoff Johns used, but I am really fond of Billy trying to pass himself off as his own uncle.

I know that would be hard to sustain long term, but it would be funny for a while.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-22-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Retired

Not having read the new 52 version I don't know how it went down--but in the Rebirth, I'd have Billy be homeless when he discovers the subway tunnel and gets his powers--then, as he can become an adult whenever he wants, he gets by for a few weeks on his own. However, child protective services catches up with him and puts him in foster care, where he meets Freddy Freeman (who should have dark hair). Also, Mary should be Billy's sister, and they are both trying to find each other, so when she's found, she's renunited with her brother and put in the same foster home as him.