Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Meanwhile, Tony Isabella...
    https://twitter.com/thetonyisabella
    Whatever...the title name just helps sales. I'm sure Bryan is aware the other characters on the team need more spotlight than him.

I understand the frustration, but at this point the DC Universe is Batman's sidekick. As long as that makes money that won't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Was let down with Hill's use of Duke in Tec. If that was a demo for Outsiders not impressed. Duke is the 2nd big draw for me in this book. I'll still check it out but I wish they just carried on with the direction setup in his solo.
    Bryan Edward Hill said someone had to take a hit and this time it just happened to be Duke. It's not like he's going to bench him in every story arc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Was let down with Hill's use of Duke in Tec. If that was a demo for Outsiders not impressed. Duke is the 2nd big draw for me in this book. I'll still check it out but I wish they just carried on with the direction setup in his solo.
    Agreed, Him and Cass for me. And if I recall, someone mentioned Hill had interest in writing Duke. If his interest in writing Duke was essentially to fridge him, that's no good.

Overall, the book is definitely a plus for me. Love the artist. Love the characters selected for this team, especially since now we have guarantee panel space for Cass and Duke. But I'm definitely worried about the writer. Because it doesn't matter what you say on twitter if your panel work shows the opposite.

Astonishing Member

Why have Katana and Orphan on the same team?

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Why not? They've been on the team together before.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Agreed, Him and Cass for me. And if I recall, someone mentioned Hill had interest in writing Duke. If his interest in writing Duke was essentially to fridge him, that's no good.

Overall, the book is definitely a plus for me. Love the artist. Love the characters selected for this team, especially since now we have guarantee panel space for Cass and Duke. But I'm definitely worried about the writer. Because it doesn't matter what you say on twitter if your panel work shows the opposite.
    I was greatly disappointed with his use of Duke but I've read his other work and he is a very capable writer, I think he was confined by the limited run and just didn't have space to give Duke a proper moment. If it's any conciliation, he was the one who picked Signal and Orphan for the team and he has a pretty good working relationship with Scott Snyder and apparently he and Snyder have discussed ideas in regards to Duke. So I remain cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Because they are two distinct characters with distinct characteristics and areas of expertise. Katana is a swordsman with ties to covert ops and mysticism, while Orphan is a hand to hand combatant with ties to the league of assassins/shadows.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-23-2018 at 10:19 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I was greatly disappointed with his use of Duke but I've read his other work and he is a very capable writer, I think he was confined by the limited run and just didn't have space to give Duke a proper moment. If it's any conciliation, he was the one who picked Signal and Orphan for the team and he has a pretty good working relationship with Scott Snyder and apparently he and Snyder have discussed ideas in regards to Duke. So I remain cautiously optimistic.
    I think he was also confined in what he could do because 'Tec is first and foremost a Batman book so Batman had to have the most focus even in this story. To be honest other than BL, Batman and Karma none of the others got all that much of a focus even. I'm not worried about how Hill will be handling the same characters in Outsiders though. He's an excellent writer and I think this book will give him plenty of opportunities to let all the characters on the team have their moment to shine without interference from a Batman focused story. Batman will likely be more of a background character here anyway since Jefferson is the one whose supposed to be in charge not Bruce. Batman is merely going to be support here I would think anyway.

Because they are two distinct characters with distinct characteristics and areas of expertise. Katana is a swordsman with ties to covert ops and mysticism, while Orphan is a hand to hand combatant with ties to the league of assassins/shadows.
    I agree with you. They are both unique characters with unique skill sets that will benefit the team even if some of those skills may overlap a bit. Plus I'm excited to see the two of them interact. I think their dynamic could be interesting. In fact I think the dynamic of the entire team is going to be interesting to see.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-23-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I do think several issues with the arc were because I think it could have been a much more comfortable 6-8 issue arc. (What, me want to extend a run I'm enjoying? ) I look forward to seeing Duke in Outsiders - not something I think I would have before these issues.

Well said on Katana and Cass. I think they'll have a really great and quite different dynamic.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I understand the frustration, but at this point the DC Universe is Batman's sidekick. As long as that makes money that won't change.
    Yep. I don’t like it but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Meh. I love Hill but this is a pass for me. I was really hoping Black Lightning would take the lead. But of course we get 'Batman and his B***hes'

No Halo, Geo-Force or Looker? It feels good to save money. I hope you guys enjoy yet another Bat title.
    I was expecting Creeper would be included, too.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I agree with you. They are both unique characters with unique skill sets that will benefit the team even if some of those skills may overlap a bit.
    You could still find characters with much less overlapp. And honestly the current version of Katana seems actually very generic to me. If he writes Katana like she was written since flashpoint, I don't really see a point in having her on the team. If goes back to Barr's original version and makes her the "team mom" again, that could work.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    You could still find characters with much less overlapp. And honestly the current version of Katana seems actually very generic to me. If he writes Katana like she was written since flashpoint, I don't really see a point in having her on the team. If goes back to Barr's original version and makes her the "team mom" again, that could work.
    Personally I don't see a problem with a bit of overlap myself. *shrug* There are lots of characters on other DC teams that have powers that overlap so in all honesty that's never been an issue with me. Seems be something that's quite normal for superhero team books at the big two in fact. And we don't know yet how Hill is going to write Katana but I hope he does something a bit more interesting with her than making her the "team mom". That's been done already after all and if he does try it everyone will automatically start comparing him to Barr's original version and will likely find his version lacking. That seems to be the popular thing with fans of late no matter how good a writer someone is.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Pass for me as well they always say be careful what you wish.well I hope DC does a better job with JSA and LSH when and if we ever get them.and please don't turn it into BATMAN and the JSA or BATMAN BEYOND and the LSH.IJS

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Pass for me as well they always say be careful what you wish.well I hope DC does a better job with JSA and LSH when and if we ever get them.and please don't turn it into BATMAN and the JSA or BATMAN BEYOND and the LSH.IJS
    Batman and the Titans. The sad part is that fans wouldn't question any of these. I don't have to be "Mr Fortune teller" to see that one.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K