Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think that might be asking too much. We would be extremely fortunate if they acknowledge these older series existed... ala 90's Flash... but expecting or even hoping they'll tie up plot threads from them or even acknowledge the actual episodes... that's REALLY unlikely.
    This is definitely a shot in the dark "wow, wouldn't that be neat if..." rather than a legit guess, but I genuinely don't think it's out of the question? It's the only show of its kind (other than maybe Birds of Prey from what I understand) to end on a cliffhanger like that in a way that was meant to be resolved. Now, while I think Cain showing up along with Routh (and maybe Welling, but that's a major stretch) in Crisis is a near-given, that there'll be anything to his role beyond 'this old Superman is back' is definitely questionable. But given his doppelganger on Earth-38 is the father to one of the main characters, and his fellow Superman will have recently become one, that feels like a logical thing to address on a show that loves its DC trivia as much as these series do. And as Crisis figures like the Monitor and Psycho Pirate are in here, Alexander Luthor's inclusion makes sense given the scale of his involvement, and I think that'd be a logical way to insert him, especially with the additional oomph the idea gets with this Luthor being raised by a Superman.
    Buh-bye

Somewhat related: if Supermen are getting in on this (and Helen Slater's gotta show up as Supergirl/Superwoman, right? Nice that it would fold in the Reeve universe even given he can't be there), we need an interdimensional consortium of Luthors taking advantage of the chaos. Cryer, Rosenbaum, dig up Shea and Sherman Howard.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Complete out-of-nowhere idea regarding the Lois & Clark baby. I know the idea by the creators was that he'd turn out to be "Kryptonian royalty" or their biological child from the future or something, but that never happened so it was left up in the air other than that this child is from parts unknown and in some way important. If that Lois and Clark were to be involved in Crisis, now with a grown young man for a son who could play a role in this conflict...what if that baby was Alexander Luthor?

You think the Monitor hasn't been readying things since 1997? Sorry, guess you're just not on his level.
    That.....is brilliant. Holy crap. Yep, I'd be on board.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Incredible Member

I'd friggin' LOVE for Cain and Routh to suit up one last time. Damn.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

All this talk of a consortum of Luthors vs. a League of Supermen is causing my nerd heart to beat fast.However, it's probably not going to happen. Probably like Elseworlds itll focus on Barry, Kara and Oliver with special guest Superman. We will probably get cameos and easter eggs, but there's likely not going to be anything like a bunch of Luthors vs.a gagle of Supermen. However, I'd love to be wrong. If I had my way CRISIS would be 12 episodes long spanning Flash,Arrow and Supergirl with two episodes of LEGENDS book ending the event.
    Like #0 issues ,However I have a feeling it'll be a two week, 6 part event at best. Probably more likely a 4 chapter story with MAYBE a special TV movie to either kick it off or conclude it.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-14-2018 at 07:24 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I definitely don't think a consortium of Luthor's would be a major *thing* driving the plot, but if Superman's going to be involved and this is almost certainly going to be pretty much bursting at the scenes with cameos, a whole bunch of those guys are gonna be available. Maybe the villains of a single episode ala Amazo in Elseworlds. Perhaps them working together could simply be the sign of "oh man, the walls between worlds are becoming so permeable that this can happen, things might be coming to a head with whatever it was the Monitor was warning us about".
    Buh-bye

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

What I'd like to see is threads and set up start getting laid at the start of the season next year. Perhaps start seeing some time anomalies appear in Flash, Metahumans starting to go missing mysteriously in ARROW, and maybe Luthor shenanigans in SUPERGIRL, etc. So far the crossovers have all been essentially self contained with little or no lead in or roll out. Something of this magnitude should basically dominate the direction of these shows as they begin the March to CRISIS, especially if one of our three leads is slated to die.

One Luthor moment I do wanna see is something similar to the scene in the original CRISIS where at the gathering of villains,Alexi Luthor challenges Earth -One Lex and starts boasting until Brainiac just vaporizes him. It would be hilarious if say, Shea Luthor show up and starts insulting his counterparts only to get vaporized at the behest of Cryer or Rosenbaum Lex. Or, get Sherman Howard Lex from the Superboy show to be the unfortunate victim.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Yep, good points. Also, I don't recall 'Lois & Clark' ever showing Kal's name in print, so saying he really is Kal-L would be kind of neat & not technically a retcon. 'L&C's' Superman obviously had much lower power levels than Kal-L did, due to their use of Byrne influence, but I still think it would be a lot of fun with modern special effects. Easy enough to just say he got stronger with more sun exposure now that he's in his 50's or so.

I brought up the kid because if they used Cain as the stand-in for Kal-L, then I would assume that would mean he & Lois would get a send-off when the Multiverse merges into one Earth...and since 'L&C' ended on the cliffhsnger with the baby, acknowledging it would be nice for those of us who grew up with that show on the air. They shouldn't spend much time on it, and could even not have the 20-year old on screen if they didn't want to (just give a few lines of dialogue like Lois saying "I wish ____ were here. Clark, do you think he/she is safe on New Krypton?").

Ultimately, do I think they'll do this? Nah. In Supergirl, Cain played Jeremiah and Hatcher already played a villain. But I grew up with 'L&C', and all these years later I still love it despite the cheesiness and the cringy moments. It has a ton of charm, and I'd love to see it get an ending, even if it only amounted to very little screen time. If we can get Shipp back as Flash, we could get Cain back as Superman.

I'd love to see Welling & company return, but you'll never get Welling to wear the suit. I love Routh, too, but if it came down to him or Dean Cain, my nostalgia votes for Cain. And Routh is tied up with Legends anyway. Smallville introduced a ton of DC characters, so if Welling didn't want to play a Superman, you could grab Green Arrow and enjoy him playing off of Amell.
    I don't know that the Flash of Earth 90 was meant to necessarily be the exact Flash from the 1990 TV show so much as one clearly based on him. So it wouldn't necessarily have to be THE exact Superman from L&C so much as one based on him. Sort of like how the Nuperman from Sideways isn't the EXACT Nuperman so much as one based on him with the same history. So if you want to believe that Flash from the 1990 show is still out there, there's certainly nothing out there disproving otherwise. I kind of want them to have the BOP from the 2002 show appear in it. You have a female based superhero show why not use it as an opportunity to use other female superhero shows that DC owns the rights to? Given what happened with Allison Mack, I think anyone connected to Smallville is off the table altogether.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I don't know that the Flash of Earth 90 was meant to necessarily be the exact Flash from the 1990 TV show so much as one clearly based on him. So it wouldn't necessarily have to be THE exact Superman from L&C so much as one based on him. Sort of like how the Nuperman from Sideways isn't the EXACT Nuperman so much as one based on him with the same history. So if you want to believe that Flash from the 1990 show is still out there, there's certainly nothing out there disproving otherwise. I kind of want them to have the BOP from the 2002 show appear in it. You have a female based superhero show why not use it as an opportunity to use other female superhero shows that DC owns the rights to? Given what happened with Allison Mack, I think anyone connected to Smallville is off the table altogether.
    I agree completely. Much like Harrison Wells, the whole concept of the multiverse is that there are somewhere between 52 and an infinite versions of everyone living completely different lives, with the occasional similarities. JWS Flash-90 was one of them... there could be a dozen other versiosn of the JWS flash running around. In fact since earth-90 seemed to include smallville Stargirl and Green Arrow... and we know Smallville Flash was something else entirely I don't really see Earth 90 and the JWS Flash as perfect meshes.

That said... monitor made him 'disappear'... but he also did the same thing to Supergirl and she just teleported back to the line up. So THIS version of JWS flash may still be out there somewhere too... it wasn't a guaranteed 'kill'.

I poo pooed on the spin off theories, then I wake up this morning feeling like I got hit with a mack truck. Stupid flu. I get the message, sheesh.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I poo pooed on the spin off theories, then I wake up this morning feeling like I got hit with a mack truck. Stupid flu. I get the message, sheesh.
    If undermining future Superman projects gets you the flu, then there are going to be a lot of folks working at Warner Bros who are in for a bad time lol. I think maybe the message have more to do with investing in a vaccination. Just kidding, hope you feel better soon.

I did get vaccinated! Stupid virus, lol. But thanks, I am feeling better today.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

COIE is one of the biggest stories in comic's history. If not the biggest. Next year's crossover needs to be the biggest thing CW has ever done. Remember the old mini-serieses that the major network used to do? COIE should be at least 2 or 3 times as long as the longest tv mini-series of the past. It should involve more than just the current DC shows on CW. It should also include the DC shows on the streaming service. Just have the COIE episodes of those shows also broadcast on CW, for the benefit of viewers who are not current subscribers. Also include the older tv & movie versions. And for that matter include the current movie versions. I imagine that Henry Cavill & company are doing all they can in order to be part of this.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

After watching the "Elseworlds" crossover, I can say without a shadow of doubt: Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch are the WORST live-action versions of Superman and Lois Lane. And some people still want a spinoff show with them. SMH
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    After watching the "Elseworlds" crossover, I can say without a shadow of doubt: Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch are the WORST live-action versions of Superman and Lois Lane. And some people still want a spinoff show with them. SMH
    I still vote for Cavill and Adams for this (dis)honor (although hardly due to any part of Adams. She was simply miscast from the get go).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.