Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    After watching the "Elseworlds" crossover, I can say without a shadow of doubt: Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch are the WORST live-action versions of Superman and Lois Lane. And some people still want a spinoff show with them. SMH
    You don't like Tyler's Supes? He came off very Superman to me with a number of iconic Superman moments.

I concur with you on Lois. The casting was very off for her. It felt like they were doing an impression of the Margot Kidder version but the acting and look were off somehow

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I still vote for Cavill and Adams for this (dis)honor (although hardly due to any part of Adams. She was simply miscast from the get go).
    Do you think the material they were given impacted the delivery? I think Adams could do it if they only focus on script FIRST. AQUAMAN fares better in that department enabling the effects and action to take it to greater heights

How did this end up being another argument about the DCEU?

Maybe they didn’t get the right material, but end of the day we got what we got. Adams was ok but never really bought her as Lois. And Cavill got 3 movies where he was either wooden, looked constantly constipated, had way too little dialogue and had his best showing when he had a cgi mouth. Saying Hochlin and Tulloch are better isn’t high praise, though I do like them. Cryer will probably be a better Luthor than Eisenburg, and I don’t exactly have high hopes for him. The bar is just that low.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-17-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Do you think the material they were given impacted the delivery? I think Adams could do it if they only focus on script FIRST.
    Maybe? Honestly, it's hard to tell given that we haven't seen any more than what we've seen. I've seen her in a lot of other roles, though, and can't argue the fact that she's a more than capable actress. That said, Halle Berry has won an Oscar and she was in Catwoman, so who knows.

I will say, though, that Tulloch convinced me in a single trailer that she was Lois Lane in a way that Adams was incapable of in three 2 hour+ movies.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    After watching the "Elseworlds" crossover, I can say without a shadow of doubt: Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch are the WORST live-action versions of Superman and Lois Lane. And some people still want a spinoff show with them. SMH
    I assume you never watched the movies Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. And people still want a Man of Steel 2.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I assume you never watched the movies Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. And people still want a Man of Steel 2.
    I wouldn't mind MoS2 simply because I want a movie that focuses on the character and a chance to fix some of the glaring mistakes of the previous movies. Really, I just want a Superman movie considering we're facing a possible long drought without the big guy and it's not right.

Maybe? Honestly, it's hard to tell given that we haven't seen any more than what we've seen. I've seen her in a lot of other roles, though, and can't argue the fact that she's a more than capable actress. That said, Halle Berry has won an Oscar and she was in Catwoman, so who knows.

I will say, though, that Tulloch convinced me in a single trailer that she was Lois Lane in a way that Adams was incapable of in three 2 hour+ movies.
    I much prefer Adams Lois. She was smart, compassionate and a great reporter. And in Man of Steel she really showed the spunk we associate with Lois. She is the best developed live action Lois to me, and her relationship with Clark is the most mature. Tulloch so far to me was pretty one-dimensional and basically a tool for the writers to reminds us that girls are better than boys!

Ah, Catwoman.

That did not have to go down that way. With Halle in the cast and the use of the DC license I do not understand how they didn't adapt Selena's Big Score or the first arc of the Cooke run.

They kept putting the DC Logo front and center and using the well established name of CATWOMAN only to present a very different take.

I actually like Patience Phillips and the movie on its own. And while I do believe at the end of her arc they capture Catwoman's essence a la THE CATFILE, the depiction was so jarring 8n its departure from the books it took quite a while to be objective aboush.

I hope the film universe handles her better going forward.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Ah, Catwoman.

That did not have to go down that way. With Halle in the cast and the use of the DC license I do not understand how they didn't adapt Selena's Big Score or the first arc of the Cooke run.

They kept putting the DC Logo front and center and using the well established name of CATWOMAN only to present a very different take.

I actually like Patience Phillips and the movie on its own. And while I do believe at the end of her arc they capture Catwoman's essence a la THE CATFILE, the depiction was so jarring 8n its departure from the books it took quite a while to be objective aboush.

I hope the film universe handles her better going forward.
    Likewise, I feel the same with the cinematic Lois Lane (no matter who plays her).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think it's interesting that we have a bunch of Superman adjacent shows but no actual Superman show. Supergirl has her own show. Krypton has it's own show. Superboy and Krypto are apparently going to appear on Titans. But the big man himself gets no love. Not even on the big screen. Maybe the reason why people are clamoring for this version of Superman to get a spinoff is because, right now, what else do we have? It's still better than nothing.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think it's interesting that we have a bunch of Superman adjacent shows but no actual Superman show. Supergirl has her own show. Krypton has it's own show. Superboy and Krypto are apparently going to appear on Titans. But the big man himself gets no love. Not even on the big screen. Maybe the reason why people are clamoring for this version of Superman to get a spinoff is because, right now, what else do we have? It's still better than nothing.
    Also a Metropolis TV show is planned featuring Lois Lane and Lex Luthor before Superman arrives.