Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
I think that might be asking too much. We would be extremely fortunate if they acknowledge these older series existed... ala 90's Flash... but expecting or even hoping they'll tie up plot threads from them or even acknowledge the actual episodes... that's REALLY unlikely.
This is definitely a shot in the dark "wow, wouldn't that be neat if..." rather than a legit guess, but I genuinely don't think it's out of the question? It's the only show of its kind (other than maybe Birds of Prey from what I understand) to end on a cliffhanger like that in a way that was meant to be resolved. Now, while I think Cain showing up along with Routh (and maybe Welling, but that's a major stretch) in Crisis is a near-given, that there'll be anything to his role beyond 'this old Superman is back' is definitely questionable. But given his doppelganger on Earth-38 is the father to one of the main characters, and his fellow Superman will have recently become one, that feels like a logical thing to address on a show that loves its DC trivia as much as these series do. And as Crisis figures like the Monitor and Psycho Pirate are in here, Alexander Luthor's inclusion makes sense given the scale of his involvement, and I think that'd be a logical way to insert him, especially with the additional oomph the idea gets with this Luthor being raised by a Superman.