Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Just wanted to also add that shot in the thumbnail of Supes in the foreground with Kara,Barry and Ollie in the background warms my jaded nerd heart. I always feel that way whenever we get to see a gathering of iconic Superheroes in the live action flesh. It would be even cooler if Martian Manhunter was in that shot. That would roughly be half of the classic Justice League right there ( minus Bruce, Diana, Arthur and Hal of course).

When I was growing up we could only dream to see stuff like this in movies and TV. Now we are seeing this on a regular basis. Even in spite of whatever misgivings I may have about the CW shows, it's still freaking cool. It's a great time to be someone who grew up loving these characters.
    For all these shows many faults and how much I’ve lost interest in following them (besides Legends which is still awesome) I can’t help but be kinda happy for how far the CWverse has come. I still remembers watching arrow when it’s first episodes came out, when it was just Nolan-lite story about a guy with a bow and arrow going on a killing spree in a dc universe without superpowers. Now it’s got speedsters, Kryptonians, moniters, time travel, magic and a giant sentient stuffed animal beating up a demon. There’s probably just as much bad as good but I do admire how big and wacky it’s gotten, probably bigger and wackier than any other adaptation of the dcu.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 11-30-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    For all these shows many faults and how much I’ve lost interest in following them (besides Legends which is still awesome) I can’t help but be kinda happy for how far the CWverse has come. I still remembers watching arrow when it’s first episodes came out, when it was just Nolan-lite story about a guy with a bow and arrow going on a killing spree in a dc universe without superpowers. Now it’s got speedsters, Kryptonians, moniters, time travel, magic and a giant sentient stuffed animal beating up a demon. There’s probably just as much bad as good but I do admire how big and wacky it’s gotten, probably bigger and wackier than any other adaptation of the dcu.
    I don't watch the CWVerse but I'm very glad for its success too. Its never a bad thing when people get introduced to these concepts. My niece and nephew watch at least some of these shows and its always fun to hear them excited over it. Last year around the holidays I got a kick out of seeing my nephew's eyes go wide when I told him that Barry Allen in the comics was actually not the Flash for over twenty years because he was dead.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

New trailer had Thawne in there for a split-second, so that destined Superman/Reverse-Flash race could happen here after all.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    New trailer had Thawne in there for a split-second, so that destined Superman/Reverse-Flash race could happen here after all.
    That worries me because it might mean they're gonna kill him off. If they want to get it out of the way.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That worries me because it might mean they're gonna kill him off. If they want to get it out of the way.
    There’s a evil Superman in this. That could be the one Thrawn kills. They aren’t going to kill off the regular one. He’s a ratings gift for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    There’s a evil Superman in this. That could be the one Thrawn kills. They aren’t going to kill off the regular one. He’s a ratings gift for this show.
    I don't think Tyler Superman helped the ratings for the Supergirl season 2 finale, tho.

Pretty sure it was .5 like the last few episodes that year.

Now crossovers always get higher ratings, so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I don't think Tyler Superman helped the ratings for the Supergirl season 2 finale, tho.

Pretty sure it was .5 like the last few episodes that year.

Now crossovers always get higher ratings, so there is that.
    The season 2 finale had 10% more viewers and a 25% increase in the demo over the previous episode. So that's a tangible benefit I suppose could be attributed to it being a finale and I don't recall his appearance being hyped as much as the premiere or the crossover with Lois added.

And if they were going to do a Death of Superman, it wouldn't be hidden. They'd promote the crap out of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The season 2 finale had 10% more viewers and a 25% increase in the demo over the previous episode. So that's a tangible benefit I suppose could be attributed to it being a finale and I don't recall his appearance being hyped as much as the premiere or the crossover with Lois added.

And if they were going to do a Death of Superman, it wouldn't be hidden. They'd promote the crap out of it.
    They didn't promote/give away Superman's death in Batman v Superman, just that Doomsday was in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    They didn't promote/give away Superman's death in Batman v Superman, just that Doomsday was in it.
    I guess. I just don't see it happening without some kind of build up. This is TV not movies. They need people to tune in, you can't build word of mouth.

And the only arguments I've seen is that Supergirl "wants" to get rid of Superman so she can be the only hero. Which, giving the most charitable interpretation of that argument, I still see no basis for it at all in the show or the writers choices.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I wouldn't be so sure that the CW verse won't do something to sideline Supes as a regular presence within the shows. They may not outright kill him off because they have to know that would upset people and would take away a toy to use. However It's perhaps more plausable they may have Clark lose his powers at least temporarily so they can at least for awhile take Superman off the board for the upcoming stuff with Lex and also allow the writers freedom to not have to contrive a reason for Superman to be absent from the next world ending event,while allowing them to use Clark Kent whenever they feel like it. If they want to use Superman again, all they would need to do is have his powers return.

Of course this is all speculation. For all we know Superman has a couple quick inconsequential cameos and plays a small role.We will know by this time next week.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I wouldn't be so sure that the CW verse won't do something to sideline Supes as a regular presence within the shows. They may not outright kill him off because they have to know that would upset people and would take away a toy to use. However It's perhaps more plausable they may have Clark lose his powers at least temporarily so they can at least for awhile take Superman off the board for the upcoming stuff with Lex and also allow the writers freedom to not have to contrive a reason for Superman to be absent from the next world ending event,while allowing them to use Clark Kent whenever they feel like it. If they want to use Superman again, all they would need to do is have his powers return.

Of course this is all speculation. For all we know Superman has a couple quick inconsequential cameos and plays a small role.We will know by this time next week.
    I see neither possibility being anywhere near as likely as him having a significant (if not leads of the three shows in question significant) role and then fading back away into his own corner of things. They've made clear they don't have issue contriving a simple excuse to sideline him - this isn't a universe with the sort of tight continuity and logic that would prevent that - and if they did want to kill him because they decided Argo wasn't far enough away, it could have happened between seasons to have Supergirl deal with that (his death, and therefore absence as a positive symbol, even could have been a justification for the wave of anti-alien sentiment I know is driving Supergirl's plot right now), rather than spreading out an event that emotional across two additional shows starring characters who don't know or care about him. And the very fact that he's been brought back at all and presented front and center suggests an important role.

People have been guessing his demise is imminent without *any* evidence from what we've seen since the moment this was announced, and I just can't read this as anything but the fanbase flinching for another hit as a hand's finally being extended in good faith.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 12-05-2018 at 02:14 PM.
    Buh-bye

That sort of matches the speculation that Arrowverse Batman may have retired after having been injured/knightfalled.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I read that this year's crossover will partly set things up for next year's crossover. CW please keep earths 1 & 38 separate. Also I would love to see a new Superman series set on earth-1. In this universe Kara is still a little girl. When properly used a multiverse has a lot more possibilities for great stories.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.