Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Maybe Tyler could play a double role in the event as Superman Prime?

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I'll admit, I thought the suggestion that Superman would die in this was preposterous paranoia, but this is going far enough into classic Crisis territory to raise an eyebrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It still wouldn't surprise me in the least if he dies. On the other hand, it wouldn't shock me if he makes it out alive. Either is an equally plausible consideration in my mind at this point.
    If it truly is an Elseworlds story maybe Supergirl dies and we get the iconic scene of a sobbing Superman holding Supergirl's lifeless body. And perhaps even Flash dies. Then Monitor combines the universes and a Kara and
    Barry from an alternate universe now become the Supergirl and Flash of a single unified universe. With Diggle, Felicity, Cisco, Caitlin, Joe, Iris, Alex. J'onn, Jimmy and Lena all living on the same Earth.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If it truly is an Elseworlds story maybe Supergirl dies and we get the iconic scene of a sobbing Superman holding Supergirl's lifeless body.
    Don't see that, they've already homaged that bit with the two of them; I could only envision it if they flipped it around with her cradling him.

Fully onboard with the prospect of this being what finally combines the universes though.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If it truly is an Elseworlds story maybe Supergirl dies and we get the iconic scene of a sobbing Superman holding Supergirl's lifeless body. And perhaps even Flash dies. Then Monitor combines the universes and a Kara and
    Barry from an alternate universe now become the Supergirl and Flash of a single unified universe. With Diggle, Felicity, Cisco, Caitlin, Joe, Iris, Alex. J'onn, Jimmy and Lena all living on the same Earth.
    It's starting to look more and more like they are going to try and merge the two Earths. Especially if they are introducing the Monitor. This is what people wanted from day one. Now, in terms of killing off Superman, it seems odd to introduce Lois just to kill him off. Not that I would take it off the table.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It's starting to look more and more like they are going to try and merge the two Earths. Especially if they are introducing the Monitor. This is what people wanted from day one. Now, in terms of killing off Superman, it seems odd to introduce Lois just to kill him off. Not that I would take it off the table.
    It would seem an odd thing to do as it would prevent them from bringing Superman back for future episodes. And with the movie Superman on indefinite hold the TV folks probably have free reign to use Superman as much
    as they want for the time being. Obviously that is why they get to use Superman in the crossover. But they killed Livewire off and she is sort of a fan favorite. So I wouldn't put it past them wanting to have Supergirl
    as the sole surviving Kryptonian. Sort of like how Supergirl was killed off in Crisis so Superman was the sole living Kryptonian. It would keep people from asking where is Superman every time Supergirl has to save the world.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It would seem an odd thing to do as it would prevent them from bringing Superman back for future episodes. And with the movie Superman on indefinite hold the TV folks probably have free reign to use Superman as much
    as they want for the time being.
    Obviously that is why they get to use Superman in the crossover. But they killed Livewire off and she is sort of a fan favorite. So I wouldn't put it past them wanting to have Supergirl
    as the sole surviving Kryptonian. Sort of like how Supergirl was killed off in Crisis so Superman was the sole living Kryptonian. It would keep people from asking where is Superman every time Supergirl has to save the world.
    I hadn't thought of that but that's a good point. They now have free rein to use him as much as they want (supposedly). Still, killing him off would also anger a lot of fans. Livewire was still a villain so her death would be less problematic than his.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

BLACK SUIT

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    BLACK SUIT

Nice. I like it more than Hoechlin's regular suit.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Assuming this is a black version of a redesigned normal suit, I appreciate that he's rocking regular boots now instead of those weird gauntlet-looking things, though I'm not happy to see a New 52-style collar.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

I had to squint my eyes a bit to realise he was wearing a cape, I thought it was a long coat on first inspection.

BLACK SUIT

I still don't get the point of the straps.

They worked better on Mon-El's costume.

BANNED

In traditional costume too

BANNED

A look at The Monitor

A look at The Monitor

And surprisingly comic-accurate .