Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Lois meets Barry and Oliver

So what did you all think of Superman's appearance in the CW Elseworlds crossover? Did the CW redeem him or are you still bitter about the season two ending of Supergirl?

That was fantastic. Lois was great and had awesome chemistry with Clark. The Smallville callbacks were incredible. Superman/Clark was great. And I’m hoping it’s going where I think it’s going. Loved it.

Incredible Member

They have cute chemistry ❤ Iconic couple of DC❤

BANNED

Wow, they really nailed Lois and her relationship with Clark, right down to the competitiveness between them as well as the closeness

Incredible Member

I like the chemistry between Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch. I still think Tyler's Superman smiles too much.

It's odd they put Batwoman on Earth 1 given how much of Bruce's back story and bad guys have been incorporated into Arrow.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I hope that's not the only appearance she makes in this crossover. We know "evil" Superman is still coming up. And supposedly good Superman meets him. I missed about ten minutes of it last night because I had to take the dog out. But I got to see where they first meet him and where they fought Amazo. I do wish they'd give Superman a bit more personality on this show. But given that he's a rare appearance, I can understand why they don't feel the need to. My guess is the reason why Batwoman is on Earth 1 is to make it easier to do crossovers in the future. My only real quibble was when it was obvious that Amazo had duplicated all their powers Superman still went and tried to fight him hand to hand. It does make him come across as a "punch first, ask questions later" type of guy. Which is one of the things I don't like. And, yes, using the theme song from Smallville was awesome!
    Assassinate Putin!

Lois doesn’t appear in the Arrow hour. But she supposedly has a larger role in the Supergirl hour on Tuesday. That’s the big battle where she’s been seen with the hammer.

And what are the odds this ends with a Lois & Clark wedding? That looked like what Clark was about to talk to Kara about before Barry and Oliver breached in.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

This was fun. The Smallville references we're great and Elizabeth Tulloch is a fantastic Lois Lane. She looks a bit like Kidder and has that bit of Durance spunk. She has great chemistry with Hoechlin.

I still like Hoechlin in the role, but I wish they'd do something about those clasps that hold the cape on his suit...and perhaps lay off the cornfed "aww shucks" smile. Yeah we get it, " see everyone! This Superman smiles a lot more than that other guy! please don't complain about him online,Reeve fanboys!" But if they aren't careful he'll become a meme. I wish Hoechlin would have more screen time to get a feel for how he'd handle a more nuanced performance.

I still hope we get a regular Superman series. I mean we already have Clark, Lois and soon Lex. If the movie division doesn't want to use Superman, why not television?
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-10-2018 at 11:27 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

TVLINE | Speaking of the future, does it feel like there’s a foundation that’s been laid for a potential Superman and Lois series?
    Potentially, and it was something I sort of talked to one of the producers about. I think it’ll depend on how this is reviewed and a bunch of other external factors that nobody has really that much control over. I know Tyler and I would love to come back and work more together. We fortunately had great chemistry, which is not always a given.

https://tvline.com/2018/12/08/arrowv...man-interview/
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-10-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So what did you all think of Superman's appearance in the CW Elseworlds crossover? Did the CW redeem him or are you still bitter about the season two ending of Supergirl?
    I made a meme to summarise my thoughts:
    4F70DA57-9865-485D-AFA0-62B86E3A1265.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

If it's being considered as a possibility I have to imagine it's going to happen because it would basically by default be the most popular thing on the network...but god, I don't know that I can let myself believe. I can't let my heart be broken like this.

(I could see the major threshold after Elseworlds being how Cryer's received.)
    Buh-bye

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    If it's being considered as a possibility I have to imagine it's going to happen because it would basically by default be the most popular thing on the network...but god, I don't know that I can let myself believe. I can't let my heart be broken like this.

(I could see the major threshold after Elseworlds being how Cryer's received.)
    In that light, I can also see why they would hire Cryer to play Lex.Love or hate him or Two and a Half Men, he's a TV veteran who was the costar of one of CBS's biggest hits for over a decade. CW of Course is owned by CBS. Also Cryer is a "name" in the same way Calista Flockhart was for season 1 of Supergirl and Tom Cavenaugh and Jessie L Martin on Flash. Tyler Hochlin and Elisabeth Tulloch aren't marque names,but Cryer sorta is. If we do get a Superman regular series, it wouldn't hurt from an optics standpoint to have a name in the cast people who don't usually watch these shows would recognize.

I've been on the fence with Cryer's casting..but they did well with Tyler as Supes and Elizabeth as Lois. If Cryer goes over well as Lex, I would bet good money that we will at least get a short run series out of it. Like a 10-13 episode summer series while Supergirl is on hiatus. Smaller episode count but a bigger effects budget to have it stand apart from the other Arrowverse shows. A show bigger in scope and with a stronger bent towards sci fi and maybe a touch less soap opera. Of course it would probably have some of that being a CW show, but it should have a slightly different tone so it stands apart from Supergirl whilst still existing in the same universe. Have cameos and guest stars from the other shows ...the pilot should have a Flash/Superman race that spans the multiverse.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-10-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I feel like they missed the obvious joke when Lois was rooting for Barry to deck Oliver. Should have had her reference Batman or be like, “He’s a jerk he reminds me of Bruce.” Though that may have been too meta even for this episode.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ratings: Arrowverse Crossover Kickoff Gives The CW Its Best Sunday Numbers

"The Arrowverse “Elseworlds” crossover event launched on Sunday night with 1.8 million total viewers and a 0.6 demo rating, giving The CW season highs for the time slot. Those numbers were on par with what The Flash, which hosted Part 1, has been doing as of late on Tuesday nights, though down sharply from the opening of last year’s “Crisis on Earth-X” crossover (which did 2.7 mil/0.9 on a Monday)."

https://tvline.com/2018/12/10/arrowv...-part-1-flash/