Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

I would be willing to give it a try even if it is CW, unless it were done in the Lois & Clark mold. That worked in the 90s when exploring and putting to the forefront elements within the mythos other than superheroics itself was a pretty new idea. Its played now. Barring that though it would at least earn a chance.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I would be willing to give it a try even if it is CW, unless it were done in the Lois & Clark mold. That worked in the 90s when exploring and putting to the forefront elements within the mythos other than superheroics itself was a pretty new idea. Its played now. Barring that though it would at least earn a chance.
    I would imagine the tone would be similar to The Flash and Supergirl. I wouldn't get too worried about it being a soap opera, Supergirl has pretty much dropped the romance angle, other than Lena and James half assed romance.
    And even there it seems like they are breaking up. Both Alex and Kara have been single through nine episodes. Clark and Lois probably would have a relationship similar to Barry and Iris. It's there, but not a huge part of the story.

So is Perry White a really shitty person in this universe? I remember back in S1 of Supergirl Cat Grant seemed to think he was a dick and told an unflattering story about him throwing a chair out of the daily planet window after being provoked over something dumb. Clark seems almost afraid of him when we saw him speak to him on the phone (probably part of the mild mannered act). And now we hear he’s underpaying Lois (implied because she’s a woman).

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    And now we hear he’s underpaying Lois (implied because she’s a woman).
    Would reporter pay be the EIC's decision?
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

BATMAN EXISTS ON EARTH 38! Kara even confirmed he and Superman were "frenemies"!
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Just heard about what happened on tonight's episode, really wonder if the big reveals can lead to a spinoff or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Just heard about what happened on tonight's episode, really wonder if the big reveals can lead to a spinoff or not.
    spoilers:
    They can pretty much do the Rebirth Superman run now if they wanted.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Now I want a Superman spinoff. Who am I kidding, I wanted it before this crossover happened. It kind of cemented it.

Hochlin was great this episode, he totally stole the show as Superman spoilers:
    and Deagan!
    end of spoilers. I’m surprised how much he was featured in this crossover compared to Batwoman.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think if we're going to get a Superman spinoff, they're going to have to cancel one of the other super-shows first. Possibly Arrow. They've already got a full plate as is. And even then it's no guarantee he'll get one. And, yes, I am sure they are worried about him, upstaging her. Hence the reason he always gets kicked around every time he appears and goes on and on about how wonderful she is compared to him. But at least they found a good excuse to keep him out of the show for the next year!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think if we're going to get a Superman spinoff, they're going to have to cancel one of the other super-shows first. Possibly Arrow. They've already got a full plate as is. And even then it's no guarantee he'll get one. And, yes, I am sure they are worried about him, upstaging her. Hence the reason he always gets kicked around every time he appears and goes on and on about how wonderful she is compared to him. But at least they found a good excuse to keep him out of the show for the next year!

They might say that their plate isn't even half full yet. It would be nice if they realized one simple thing. Denigrating Superman is not the way to build up Supergirl. Just show her doing great things & having great adventures. In this crossover they said that earths 1 & 38 are among the earths that have a Batman. Maybe earth-1 also has a Superman. If so, then than the hoped for Superman series could be about earth-1's Superman.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    They might say that their plate isn't even half full yet. It would be nice if they realized one simple thing. Denigrating Superman is not the way to build up Supergirl. Just show her doing great things & having great adventures. In this crossover they said that earths 1 & 38 are among the earths that have a Batman. Maybe earth-1 also has a Superman. If so, then than the hoped for Superman series could be about earth-1's Superman.

I dont think earth 1 has a superman or supergirl,BUT they could always find a way to clone him and get a superboy hehe.

With recent events, were it to happen it wouldn't be what I'm looking for, I'd be out now if they spun off directly from this. I don't need a verbatim origin story every time but in a new show, I'm especially looking to start close to the beginning, not with a vet with a fam. I mean, if it does get made I'll be happy for the Arrowverse and Superman fans that it'll appeal to, but it won't be for me.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    With recent events, were it to happen it wouldn't be what I'm looking for, I'd be out now if they spun off directly from this. I don't need a verbatim origin story every time but in a new show, I'm especially looking to start close to the beginning, not with a vet with a fam. I mean, if it does get made I'll be happy for the Arrowverse and Superman fans that it'll appeal to, but it won't be for me.
    By recent events,im assuming the pregnancy and the impending marriage? I personally think it's a great "in" and a hook for a new Superman series. I mean, it gives us a new angle for TV Superman. We already had Superman in training ( Smallville), straight up Superman classic ( 50s show) and an exploration of the Lois and Clark relationship ( Lois and Clark) and Supergirl is basically doing the straight forward Superhero thing. So a veteran Superman with a new wife and status quo and perhaps even a new Earth to defend (depending on how they manage a post TV crisis merge of the Earth's) may make for something compelling. But to each their own.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Arrow is rumored to be done after this season. And with how heavily they implied Oliver traded his life for Barry & Kara I would not be surprised of they end Arrow, but bring Oliver and the cast back for COIE's for the big sacrifice. Batwoman is presumably a replacement in the lineup for Arrow next fall, so it'll be interesting if they have that be part of it in presumably its first handful of episodes. Assuming as well they incorporate Black Lightening and Legends again, that's a 5 part cross-over.

Though maybe they plan to do it as a true mini-series in the fall and then have the revamped New Earth shows spin of that? Either way, this is an insanely ambitious (and completely unprecedented) plan if they are actually going to go with an adaptation of COIE's.