Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    Somehow rookie superhero Kara can take out a veteran Superman
    Just wanted to correct one thing. By the end of season 2 Supergirl was no longer just a rookie superhero. She had extensive combat training by the DEO. She defeated Vartox, Reactron, Bizarro Supergirl, Livewire, Red Tornado,
    Toyman, Master Jailer, Non - a Kryptonian military leader, Parasite, Metallo, Scorch, a white martian, Mxyzptlk, and Queen Rhea. Basically Kara was the superhero equivalent of a Navy SEAL by the end of season 2.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So lets just ignore the fact that Superman got his ass handed to him by a mere human in some goofy animal costume and complain that Superman lost a fair fight to a Kryptonian. Or the fact that when Superman was confronted by a human in a diner, Superman cowardly slunk off and instead of confronting the man face to face, Superman destroyed the man's livelihood by destroying his truck and ran off and hid. But when Superman is trying to encourage
    his cousin when she is going into battle and trying to make her feel better after Supergirl killed somebody then Superman is groveling.
    People sure have weird ideas about what Superman is supposed to be about. Nothing at all done on Supergirl that ever made Superman look weak or inferior. I don't get why people think Superman is supposed to be some sort of
    he-man blunt object with no heart or compassion. Superman is about hope and is a role model. Which is what he was providing to his cousin. I don't see it as a plus minus. Heroics isn't some bags of potatoes where if one character is heroic, the other character is less heroic. They were both heroes. Superman handled the Daxamites and Supergirl handled their queen.
    For the first 50ish years of Superman's existence Clark would have wiped the floor with either Bruce or Kara. It's crazy by todays standards but Superman made a name for himself by actually being really good at kicking ass and out thinking quite a lot people, creatures, entities, ect. A lot of the modern hay chewing, aw shucks, timid stuff was cultivated when they were trying to "fix" the character but has nothing to do with the energies that created the character himself. He's suppose to be a guy that does impossible things and it use to be that the guy had seen tons of combat all across the universe and we got to look in on those many battles.

The character use to bash jerks like the guy in the diner and the out of character thing is that he didn't do it there and then. It's only because DC/WB has spent the last 20-30 years cultivating an image of Superman as some kind of panty waist that people get offended when they see the guy sort out bullies like the dude in the diner.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

I totally share Campea's opinion on the CW Superman. Now, I'm not even a Campea fan, but a friend shared this vid and I agree, the CW has done a lot of damage to Superman 's mystique and I really hate it. DC, what are you doing?!?

I am more in this guy's camp

And this one.

Someone else excited to see Superman return.

This guy is really excited.

I tried re-watching the first 2 episodes of Supergirl season 2...I didn't make it far though. Has anyone heard anything about them making a new costume? Forget the weird cape clips, if Hoechlin isn't going to bulk up then this guy just needs a suit that fits. When he arrives to help Kara with the spaceplane, there's a shot where he lifts one arm in front of him to fly forward and the whole front of his suit at the neckline folds in, leaving a large gap between his chest and the suit itself. It looks like cosplay. Very baggy. Benoist's costume fits well, but Hoechlin's doesn't at all.

Hoechlin just doesn't look like Superman...his build isn't necessarily a problem if he had a decent suit. The way he looks when he talks is an issue for me, though. He's a fine enough actor, but I don't think he's right for Superman at all. Maybe with a better suit and fewer lines of dialogue he'll be ok.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

This is great. I love the CW's version of Superman and I can't wait to see him interacting with other DC heroes.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I was thrilled with the CW Hoechlin Supes (though I only saw one ep with him). It was great to see Superman being Superman as opposed to whatever Snyder and Co. were doing with novice jock supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I was thrilled with the CW Hoechlin Supes (though I only saw one ep with him). It was great to see Superman being Superman as opposed to whatever Snyder and Co. were doing with novice jock supes.
    I much prefer novice Supes in the movies learning the ropes and always protecting the world at any cost, even with his life than that poor excuse of a man in the CW who they call Superman, but who in reality is just a guy scared to lose his lady. I have no respect for him at all.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    This guy is really excited.
    I personally hope that eventually they just merge Earth Arrow and Earth Super and be done with it. Then do an actual Superman series.

Also I agree with @Clark_Kent that they should give him another suit. Now that he has the classic look back in the comics, just give him that look on the show. We know that Version of Supes once wore the trunks. Just have him switch back. I've never liked the cape clasps.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member

I just don't really get this jock thing that get's tossed at Supes. Why do people keep calling him this?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Tyler has been cast in some Netflix show.

Do you know what a jock actually is?