Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    According to Thomson's twitter, This just went into 2nd printing, it's doing pretty well:

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...73809434009600

Congrats to her!
    Increasingly second printing news is more an indication of how small the initial print run was. It is an indication of demand, but also for a secondary or tertiary title it is an indication of the kind of initial investment the title received.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, unfortunately, all it indicates is it was more popular than expected. Still, that's not a bad thing.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Cool, thanks, I was pretty sure but not positive. I guess that doesn't mean Fuse can't be his kid also but it does make it less likely imo. Although the idea of Creel having a bunch of bastards running around does have potential. I've always thought that male superheroes would have TONS of illegitimate kids. They are famous, larger than life, in ridiculous physical shape, often rich.. the groupies would be out of control. If professional athletes can have a dozen kids running around, Odinson and Tony Stark would have fifty.

... this took an odd turn.
    Speaking of kids, when we find out what is up with giant Tigra, I hope we at least get an update on William.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Increasingly second printing news is more an indication of how small the initial print run was. It is an indication of demand, but also for a secondary or tertiary title it is an indication of the kind of initial investment the title received.
    the 2 main stores near me

1 sold out

The other is promoting it at the till coz they can't shift it

Most of the reviews seem positive and I hope it does well, a second print must be a positive sign

Amazing Member

Read this tonight. Really enjoyed it, good fun read.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Oh and Fuse (you know, Kate's boyfriend) works pretty well as the relatable greenhorn so far.
    What's interesting about Johnny a.k.a. Fuse is that even though he's the newcomer who does occasionally show his newness, he manages to bring a conventional wisdom to the team that it is otherwise largely deficient in, due to all the eccentric personalities and the stressful scenarios they breed (not to mention the somewhat unrealistic lack of genuine heroes that get focus within the area that's in direct contrast to the amount of trouble the area apparently breeds).

I like him. He's actually pretty smooth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Cool, thanks, I was pretty sure but not positive. I guess that doesn't mean Fuse can't be his kid also but it does make it less likely imo. Although the idea of Creel having a bunch of bastards running around does have potential. I've always thought that male superheroes would have TONS of illegitimate kids. They are famous, larger than life, in ridiculous physical shape, often rich.. the groupies would be out of control. If professional athletes can have a dozen kids running around, Odinson and Tony Stark would have fifty.

... this took an odd turn.
    Honestly, that's a (group of) story(ies) that feels like it should be obvious to tell and explore but that isn't touched on and treated almost as taboo. It'd be a great way to introduce or reveal (for pre-existing characters) a new generation of young super-powered individuals. Those are some series I'd read for sure. It's a shame, from my point of view, how that's never been touched on.

And yeah, guys like Tony or Odinson or Warren Worthington or Remy or even Daredevil (with as many "ladies of the week" as he tends to go through over the course of his different runs), as well as some female heroes/villains who gave their children up for adoption, and so forth, should have tons of unidentified kids running around, many with the aptitudes of their parents expressed in some way. That's a facet of reality ripe for storytelling, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    The fact Fuse spontaneously seems to have developed powers (or that he was hiding them, I guess) is a little weird and I am interested in seeing the explanation for why he has them.
    I'm looking forward to learning more about Johnny, too. Guy seems honest, earnest, and really cool. He's got that "new guy" vibe, including some "that came out wrong" and "shouldn't have said that" moments, but he's also shown having the fortitude and aptitude to actually grow past that and become seriously competent. It might be premature for me to go this far, but part of me sees the potential for being a leader himself one day. Not necessarily this team, though, mind you, but just a sound leader in whatever future endeavors he pursues, especially if they're hero-related.

Johnny is 100% genuine, and I like that.

Still kinda annoyed at Bobbi not getting any sort of nod. She co-founded the damn group.

They haven't even decided in-universe to call the team the West Coast Avengers yet, have they?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    Still kinda annoyed at Bobbi not getting any sort of nod. She co-founded the damn group.
    It's only been one issue. Hopefully in the future she'll make an appearance.

Or at least get mentioned. Maybe by Tigra once they shrink her down.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Amazon super hero book listings for this week-

West Coast Avengers vol 1 (Kate's team) 4/2019
    #826 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #1643 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Moved up some slots.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Amazon super hero book listings for this week-

West Coast Avengers vol 1 (Kate's team) 4/2019
    #826 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #1643 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Moved up some slots.
    Thats a weird thing to watch. Potential sales of a future book matched against actual sales of other books.

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Didn't enjoy it. I think it's because it leans into the more Deadpoolish tone, and I'm not really a fan.
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They haven't even decided in-universe to call the team the West Coast Avengers yet, have they?
    It's still too soon for that, so no, not yet.