Default Rumor/Potential spoiler about returning character

Although this is sort of a grain of salt thing, but it's rumored that Kylo will be visited in his throne room by Darth Vader, who will be shifting between his Anakin and Vader personas.

Of course this was also rumored for TLJ too, and seems in part based on concept art from "The Force Awakens". Concepts rejected from one film do ocassionally show up later on though (Especially with the Disney films in which many of the designs are heavily influenced by Ralph McQuarrie's old work for the OT).

https://www.inverse.com/article/3877...en-christensen
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

Anakin is something that is painfully obvious something the team is interested in and from a narrative angle is too good an opportunity to pass up but they have to cut it each time.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I hope this never happens. Anakin's Spirit was redeemed when Luke brought him back to the Light. It'd be stupid if he was 'shifting' to the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I hope this never happens. Anakin's Spirit was redeemed when Luke brought him back to the Light. It'd be stupid if he was 'shifting' to the dark.
    The idea in TFA was that Snoke was manipulating Kylo with it, as in, it wasn't a real Force Ghost.

The idea in TLJ was that Anakin/Vader were separate identities, fighting for existence. It was to mirror Rey's and Kylo's identity struggles in the movie.

Just an FYI.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Although this is sort of a grain of salt thing, but it's rumored that Kylo will be visited in his throne room by Darth Vader, who will be shifting between his Anakin and Vader personas.

Of course this was also rumored for TLJ too, and seems in part based on concept art from "The Force Awakens". Concepts rejected from one film do ocassionally show up later on though (Especially with the Disney films in which many of the designs are heavily influenced by Ralph McQuarrie's old work for the OT).

https://www.inverse.com/article/3877...en-christensen
    I'd be cool with seeing this.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Maybe Anakin’s spirit is still looking for redemption and still feels guilt for the major part that he played in the decades long oppression by the Empire? Sure,he saved Luke’s life and ended the Emporer’s reign by suddenly switching sides and throwing him to his death down the shaft but maybe his spirit still feels that, that one action is not enough to earned him redemption and forgiveness for the countless deaths and suffering that he was responsible for while he was on the dark side?

Maybe one of you guys interested in that topic should make an "EPISODE 9 RUMORS AND NEWS ULTIMATE THREAD OF AWESOMENESS!!!!!!" or something.

Every rumor I hear about this movie makes it feel so....desperate.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Every rumor I hear about this movie makes it feel so....desperate.
    I find that true of most fan-made rumours for any franchise.

I never need to see Anakin again outside of animation.