Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I still like the two first Blade movies very much.

Good stuff. Funnily enough i remember not being too happy with that 1998 movie when i first watched it in theater.

But it has slowly grown on me.

Like a wart.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I still like the two first Blade movies very much.

Good stuff. Funnily enough i remember not being too happy with that 1998 movie when i first watched it in theater.

But it has slowly grown on me
    It was certainly a curve ball.

I loved Blade from the very first moment I saw it. Yes, love at first sight is real. While I am not a big fan of the overly CGI ending, everything leading up to the cartoonish ending for the bad guy is just a ton of awesomeness. I hate to say it, but if they make a new Blade movie, the new actor will be judged harshly against what Snipes brought to the role.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I loved Blade from the very first moment I saw it. Yes, love at first sight is real. While I am not a big fan of the overly CGI ending, everything leading up to the cartoonish ending for the bad guy is just a ton of awesomeness. I hate to say it, but if they make a new Blade movie, the new actor will be judged harshly against what Snipes brought to the role.
    To me, that's the one really good reason not to do it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    They just have to go in a different route with it to make the spectre of Snipes go away.
    Maybe go closer to the original source material and give him some personality and some colour in his wardrobe instead of going with the very 90's wall of black leather.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    To me, that's the one really good reason not to do it.
    I know what you mean. After posting here, I decided to start watching the movie last night. It's too bad that I was tired, because I was having a great time watching it but had to turn it off to sleep. Made me realize that Snipes was just perfect for the role. He is not the character Blade was prior to the movie, but you can see how much of an influence the movie had based on how the comic books started to pattern Blade after Snipes.

I can't think anyone who would be able to do Blade justice after Snipes. It pains me to say that, because I really do want more Blade movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They just have to go in a different route with it to make the spectre of Snipes go away.
    Maybe go closer to the original source material and give him some personality and some colour in his wardrobe instead of going with the very 90's wall of black leather.
    I don't know...I think I wouldn't like that. Right now, I can't imagine gravitating towards a Blade that's not American and clad in black leather. I can't imagine seeing a Blade not drive around a Dodge Charger. I think it makes sense to go the route you're proposing, since it will really go a long way towards distancing the new Blade from the Snipes version...but sitting where I am, I think I'd hate it.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/