Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Still don’t like twink NuCable. He’d better not be sticking around to replace our Cable. Unless they age him up and have him hit a weight room heavily while in the process.

I’m trusting Brisson on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Still don’t like twink NuCable. He’d better not be sticking around to replace our Cable. Unless they age him up and have him hit a weight room heavily while in the process.

I think miniCable is part of what makes Extermination so interesting. With old Cable you kind of know where he stands because of his strong moral compass, but I feel like his younger version could be up to anything.

I don't think they'll keep young Cable once Extermination is over. They can easily have him travel to the future, live out the next 40 years of his life and come back to the X-Men's present or just bring old Cable back from the dead (like they always do).

I’m fine with making Cable edgy and mysterious again. More unpredictable and dangerous, in a “loose cannon” sense. Just don’t like the look of NuCable. Reminds me of when they tried to make Lobo all young and pretty over at DC. Complete fail. That ain’t who these characters are.

Why is Cable no longer concealing his identity?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    because the big reveal happened in 1. no need to hide anymore lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    because the big reveal happened in 1. no need to hide anymore lol.
    He still has reason to hide in story.

I’m fine with making Cable edgy and mysterious again. More unpredictable and dangerous, in a “loose cannon” sense. Just don’t like the look of NuCable. Reminds me of when they tried to make Lobo all young and pretty over at DC. Complete fail. That ain’t who these characters are.
    Ok I didn't get that you were talking about the way he looks! I think it's Larraz's style though, all the characters look super pretty in everything he draws.

I don't think he was concealing his identity on purpose...he was just drawn with the hood so we would get a big reveal at the end of issue #1 (and so they could show something intriguing in the preview).

BANNED

I like Twink NuCable LOL

But I don't see him sticking around, or the death of cable happening here....Deadpool had a very very very old Cable in the last series.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I like Twink NuCable LOL

But I don't see him sticking around, or the death of cable happening here....Deadpool had a very very very old Cable in the last series.
    This is marvel we're talking about. The effects of time travel depend on the writer.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

He still has reason to hide in story.
    oh no I agree 100% but I'm just pointing out the flaw in the storytelling.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Ok I didn't get that you were talking about the way he looks! I think it's Larraz's style though, all the characters look super pretty in everything he draws.

I don't think he was concealing his identity on purpose...he was just drawn with the hood so we would get a big reveal at the end of issue #1 (and so they could show something intriguing in the preview).
    He was though bc if anyone saw a younger Cable running around, that would be cause for concern and he doesn’t want people to look for him. He scrambles his psi-signal so his identity could be kept hidden and he couldn’t be tracked. If Jean knew to look for Cable, she’d have a huge lead when using Cerebro

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    This is marvel we're talking about. The effects of time travel depend on the writer.
    And it's Cable. We never know which version from which timeline or which point in his life is the one we have in the current storyarc..and sometimes it could be Stryfe. Cable being killed off isn't so easy.

BANNED

Damn BloodStorm did a real number on Scott. Never seen her name pop up so many times.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    And it's Cable. We never know which version from which timeline or which point in his life is the one we have in the current storyarc..and sometimes it could be Stryfe. Cable being killed off isn't so easy.
    Yeah, that could be Cable's actual death, but with all his jumping around, we could be seeing younger versions at any point, really.

Hmm. I wonder if Cable's ever made out with himself. That seems to be a thing people think about, so...
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Yeah, that could be Cable's actual death, but with all his jumping around, we could be seeing younger versions at any point, really.

Hmm. I wonder if Cable's ever made out with himself. That seems to be a thing people think about, so...
    I'm actually surprised we haven't seen a young cable until now that you mention it....oh I'm sure he's done more than just make out