Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    which xmen are dead(outside of cyclops)? you think this will be a reboot?
    I thought Uncanny X-Men; disassembled is suppose to be “the X-Men final mission” or something alone these lines. It does seem like they wanna make a reboot.
    Do we know what’s coming after Disassembled?

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I thought Uncanny X-Men; disassembled is suppose to be “the X-Men final mission” or something alone these lines. It does seem like they wanna make a reboot.
    Do we know what’s coming after Disassembled?
    They have announced a 10-issue story arc called Disassembled, but haven't said anything about what will happen with Uncanny after that.
    This is the solicit:
    New ongoing series kicking off with a 10-part weekly epic, the flagship X-Men series that started it all is back and better than ever! Starting with a mysterious and tragic disappearance, the X-Men are drawn into what might be…their final adventure?!

They use that kind of language all the time in solicits to make stuff sound dramatic so I'm really not reading that as being the end of the X-Men's adventures.

I'm pretty sure Uncanny will be an ongoing after the original 10-issue story arc since Blue and Gold are ending in September. I don't see them reducing the X-Men by two titles without replacing them with at least one ongoing title.

I'm not sure about the reboot thing. Extermination could result in a reboot since they're messing with time travel, but I don't see them splitting the X-Men universe in two and have Uncanny in a new rebooted universe and still have Astonishing and Red continue. I think Extermination will be more about preventing the future where all the X-Men are dead, and in that process some X-Men could die in the present (and be missing from Uncanny). I think the big question is where and when the O5 will be at by the time Extermination is over, and whether or not that will be carried over to Uncanny.

I wonder if this is Stryfe instead of Cable

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post

He has the scar,the necklace,and the dependence on weapons

BANNED

This issue is going to put another fake O5 in the pod. One for each issue.

Wonder who will that be.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    This issue is going to put another fake O5 in the pod. One for each issue.

Wonder who will that be.
    They aren't fake.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    They have announced a 10-issue story arc called Disassembled, but haven't said anything about what will happen with Uncanny after that.
    This is the solicit:
    New ongoing series kicking off with a 10-part weekly epic, the flagship X-Men series that started it all is back and better than ever! Starting with a mysterious and tragic disappearance, the X-Men are drawn into what might be…their final adventure?!

They use that kind of language all the time in solicits to make stuff sound dramatic so I'm really not reading that as being the end of the X-Men's adventures.

I'm pretty sure Uncanny will be an ongoing after the original 10-issue story arc since Blue and Gold are ending in September. I don't see them reducing the X-Men by two titles without replacing them with at least one ongoing title.

I'm not sure about the reboot thing. Extermination could result in a reboot since they're messing with time travel, but I don't see them splitting the X-Men universe in two and have Uncanny in a new rebooted universe and still have Astonishing and Red continue. I think Extermination will be more about preventing the future where all the X-Men are dead, and in that process some X-Men could die in the present (and be missing from Uncanny). I think the big question is where and when the O5 will be at by the time Extermination is over, and whether or not that will be carried over to Uncanny.
    I really want the O5 to just go back to their timeline n remain there.

Btw X-Men; Red .. is also ending in November right?
    I have a feeling they will make a reboot n I want a reboot.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

We don't now when/if Red is ending, but it isn't with November's issue. My money is on January or February.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    We don't now when/if Red is ending, but it isn't with November's issue. My money is on January or February.
    Oic, I’m actually waiting for Red to finish to actually start reading it, but Jan or Feb that’s a loooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    December, I think. Isn't the trade only listed up to issue 11? Though 10 actually COULD be the last one, considering Jean's on the cover. It's odd that 8, 9, and 10 use duplicated characters on the covers when Honey Badger and Trinary haven't had one yet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    December, I think. Isn't the trade only listed up to issue 11? Though 10 actually COULD be the last one, considering Jean's on the cover. It's odd that 8, 9, and 10 use duplicated characters on the covers when Honey Badger and Trinary haven't had one yet.
    10 would've been announced as a final issue, but also, I'm not sure about the trade. December does make sense as well but I think Taylor said something about rounding it to 12 issues?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I wonder what Calvin’s been doing since X-Men Legacy?
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I don't think it's Stryfe because they had that little text bubble saying 'Cable A.K.A. Nathan Summers' when he appeared on that last page. Stryfe has pretended to be Cable before, but I've never seen the little 'nametags' lie about a character's identity.

There is a November solicit for Red #10 but nothing says it's the final issue. They could wrap up the book once they confront Cassandra Nova though. I think we won't know for sure until they release the December or January solicits.

I just noticed that Uncanny #1 comes out two weeks before Extermination #5...I kind of thought that the status quo at the end of Extermination would carry over into Uncanny but the release dates make me think these two series might be completely unrelated.

Yeah, it’s definitely Cable. And I think it’s “our” Cable, raised in the late 40th Century by the Askani. He’s got those weird beads and whatnot, plus Brisson has dropped some hints on Twitter indicating that this may be the case.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I don't think it's Stryfe because they had that little text bubble saying 'Cable A.K.A. Nathan Summers' when he appeared on that last page. Stryfe has pretended to be Cable before, but I've never seen the little 'nametags' lie about a character's identity.

There is a November solicit for Red #10 but nothing says it's the final issue. They could wrap up the book once they confront Cassandra Nova though. I think we won't know for sure until they release the December or January solicits.

I just noticed that Uncanny #1 comes out two weeks before Extermination #5...I kind of thought that the status quo at the end of Extermination would carry over into Uncanny but the release dates make me think these two series might be completely unrelated.
    I mean, I’m kinda confused about the continuity and timeline in general, is extermination and red happening at the same time ?
    And when does Uncanny take place, since red will still be ongoing when it comes out.