Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I mean, I’m kinda confused about the continuity and timeline in general, is extermination and red happening at the same time ?
    And when does Uncanny take place, since red will still be ongoing when it comes out.
    Red is fairly self contained but I’d imagine it takes place before Ext and UXM

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So it’s Red, Extermination then UXM?

I guess we don't know yet where Uncanny will fit into all this. But I don't see the point of having an event like Extermination just before launching a new title and not have a connection of some kind.

The only connection they clearly established between Red, Blue, Gold, Astonishing and Cable were these 'countdown to extermination' pages showing the X-Men getting attacked and killed 20 years in the future.
    It's unclear how the present shown in Extermination is connected to these different books, but older Jean appeared in Extermination with the same costume she has in Red, and the young O5 are wearing the same costumes they have in Blue.

I'm hoping we'll find out more in upcoming issues and get some clarification on the timeline...but I think you kind of have to look at these books as separate stories to enjoy them, because they're not really making any efforts to create a real crossover here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I guess we don't know yet where Uncanny will fit into all this. But I don't see the point of having an event like Extermination just before launching a new title and not have a connection of some kind.

The only connection they clearly established between Red, Blue, Gold, Astonishing and Cable were these 'countdown to extermination' pages showing the X-Men getting attacked and killed 20 years in the future.
    It's unclear how the present shown in Extermination is connected to these different books, but older Jean appeared in Extermination with the same costume she has in Red, and the young O5 are wearing the same costumes they have in Blue.

I'm hoping we'll find out more in upcoming issues and get some clarification on the timeline...but I think you kind of have to look at these books as separate stories to enjoy them, because they're not really making any efforts to create a real crossover here.
    That’s true, they must draw a connection between the events. I honestly can’t wait for UXM ... it’s been a while since I’ve read a good X-Men book. I’m looking forward to it.
    Btw do we know if the extermination future is the same future Magneto visited?

BANNED

That’s true, they must draw a connection between the events. I honestly can’t wait for UXM ... it’s been a while since I’ve read a good X-Men book. I’m looking forward to it.
    The problem is gambit.His marriage makes it like red is behind gold.

I think it is, but they haven't confirmed it. I just looked at Blue #33 again and when the X-Men show up on the last page Bobby isn't with them and Jean has long hair. I'm wondering if after Extermination #1 a team with older Jean and some of the young O5 travels to the future? Extermination #2 and Blue #34 are both coming out this Wednesday so I'm hoping we'll get some answers.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I believe the future seen in X-men blue and the "countdown to extermination" is the one young Cable is trying to prevent (because everybody died).
    So it will be totally inconsequential for future stories and will be forgotten after this event.

If there was some big reboot coming pretty sure they'd already be advertising it as such. The main objective of the Extermination event is to get the O5 back to their time and Uncanny happens after that since the teaser doesn't feature them.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    If there was some big reboot coming pretty sure they'd already be advertising it as such. The main objective of the Extermination event is to get the O5 back to their time and Uncanny happens after that since the teaser doesn't feature them.
    All except for
    Tyke

Who will become our new Cyclops, younger and fresher. Without the gimp suit

Extermination is all about sending the O5 back. The ending to that likely wont be spoiled by UXM 1, hence why they are releasing it the way they are

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    This issue is going to put another fake O5 in the pod. One for each issue.

Wonder who will that be.
    It's been proven that they are the legit O5 of 616. I do agree that Exterminations Cable will probably capture more members of the O5. If I had to guess the order, then I'd say it's probably Angel, Beast, Jean and then Cyclops as the last man standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    We don't now when/if Red is ending, but it isn't with November's issue. My money is on January or February.
    Obvs the Cassandra Nova plotline still has to be resolved- the #10 solicit surely would have advertised it as the final issue if that were the case. A conclusion in January or February sounds likely if the core cast is transitioning to Uncanny and/or other titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I just noticed that Uncanny #1 comes out two weeks before Extermination #5...I kind of thought that the status quo at the end of Extermination would carry over into Uncanny but the release dates make me think these two series might be completely unrelated.
    I found this really odd too. I would've thought that Extermination would have ramifications that would carry over to Uncanny, but that seems unlikely as it'd probably contain spoilers for Extermination #5 if that were the case. Tbh, I'll be a little disappointed if the two aren't connected. With so many players on the board in both books, surely they'd reference each other somehow.

I could see X-men Red just dropping the Red and becoming adjectiveless with the same numbering and creative team.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    All except for
    Tyke

Who will become our new Cyclops, younger and fresher. Without the gimp suit
    No no pls, bring out OG cyclops. I don’t want Tyke

No no pls, bring out OG cyclops. I don’t want Tyke
    I agreed, but still not the gimp suit

#screwthecondomhead

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It definitely does, else Jean wouldn't have her Red costume in Extermination. Red takes place after Gold and the first arc of Mr and Mrs X, and before X-23, Extermination, and Uncanny.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman