Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I would guess that the idea to fuse 2 disparate heroes together is so you can create a more hodgepodge. Mix 2 of different worlds and see what you get, as opposed to mix 2 of similar or even the same worlds and essentially get "more of the same".

That's just my guess, though.
    Yes, I understand your point. But I simply believe that it works better if you combine characters who have similarities instead of mixing different worlds that could lead you to a complete nonsense.

Ehh it's more fun to mash Shang-chi and Multiple man than Shang-chi/Iron Fist.

on topic-
    Shang-chi/Dog Brother #1

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

This is cheating, but in some alternate Earths the children of two superheroes/villains inherited the powers of both parents. On Earth-9811, the son of the Human Torch and Wasp can shrink, grow wings and project heat and is named Firefly. The son of Hawkeye and She-Hulk has green skin, super-strength and is an archer and is named Mustang.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    This is cheating, but in some alternate Earths the children of two superheroes/villains inherited the powers of both parents. On Earth-9811, the son of the Human Torch and Wasp can shrink, grow wings and project heat and is named Firefly. The son of Hawkeye and She-Hulk has green skin, super-strength and is an archer and is named Mustang.
    That's a cool concept, and has shown up in characters like Ruby Summers (who has a gemstone body like her mother, Emma Frost, and red energy beams like her father, Scott Summers).

It could be neat to see a child of Sue Richards and Namor, for instance, with Atlantean strength, toughness and amphibious qualities from his father, and the ability to form shields of water and turn invisible in water, adapted from her mother's power. Or a child of Johnny Storm and Lyja the Power-Skrull able to shapeshift and project fire, assuming a draconic winged form and breathing fire.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

on topic-
    Shang-chi/Dog Brother #1
    Well, in some other cases, it's combining characters which abilities "complement" with each other's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That's a cool concept, and has shown up in characters like Ruby Summers (who has a gemstone body like her mother, Emma Frost, and red energy beams like her father, Scott Summers).

It could be neat to see a child of Sue Richards and Namor, for instance, with Atlantean strength, toughness and amphibious qualities from his father, and the ability to form shields of water and turn invisible in water, adapted from her mother's power. Or a child of Johnny Storm and Lyja the Power-Skrull able to shapeshift and project fire, assuming a draconic winged form and breathing fire.
    Childs of Sue Richards and Namor exist in a "What If..." where Namor joined the Fantastic Four. And a child like of Johnny Storm and Lyja like you describe it exist in MC2.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yes, I understand your point. But I simply believe that it works better if you combine characters who have similarities instead of mixing different worlds that could lead you to a complete nonsense.
    Fair enough. For me, and I imagine for the creative teams making these, I'd say the below fits more with the ideal they are likely coming from.

This is pretty blunt, but more or less explains it.

Groot and Psylocke.

She can be a Maple who everyone has to remember is actually an Oak.

Ghost Rider + Hulk = Ghost Hulk?
    Pull List: Currently Empty

on topic-
    Shang-chi/Dog Brother #1

Thats actually really awesome with your kung fu hero able to make his own mook squad all as skilled as him.

"James Chi, the man of a thousand fists!"

Star-Lord (Peter Jason Quill) + J'Son of Spartax = Peter J'Son Quill
    Or maybe Star-Lord + Quill from the X-Men!?
    Or maybe Star-Lord + Colossus = the ultimate russian astronaut turned into the greatest cosmic hero of the space!? :O
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 09-13-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Ghost Rider + Hulk = Ghost Hulk?
    We already have this once, only Venom was added to the mix too.

By the way, since this comic is following the same structure of "Amalgam Comics", do you think we will have a continuation of this world?

Also, maybe this is a little cheating, but considering how many copies of DC Characters are in Marvel Universe, maybe they could have merged the plastiches with the same characters from Amalgam. I mean:
    + Super-Soldier = Captain America + Superman (replace him with Hyperion or Sentry).
    + Dark Claw = Wolverine + Batman (replace him with Nighthawk or Moon Knight).
    + Amazon = Storm + Wonder Woman (replace it with Power Princess or Thundra).

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The "Not Ready for Brand Echh!" version:

Warlock + Thor = Thorlock
    Carol Danvers + Tony Stark = Libation
    Rom Spaceknight + 3D Man = 3D Rom
    Hulk + Godzilla = Hulkzilla
    Dr. Strange + Stepford Cuckoos = Dr. Strange Cucks
    Silver Surfer + Banshee (or Black Bolt) = The Silver Burper
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

it should never happen. it's gimmicky. the two characters become less from the merger.

Ultimate Member

Cap's Kooky Quartet all smooshed together!

Captain America + Hawkeye + Scarlet Witch + Hawkeye = the Silver Shield, a patriotic speedster super-soldier wielding a 'hex bow' and a magic shield with a pentacle on it that protects him from the evil spells of the Thule occultists he faced during WW2!

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Nobody said Ant-Man.

Ant-Man x anyone else
    Baby Thanos