Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

1. Doctor Psycho - Wonder Woman's true opposite in every way although he doesn't appear nearly enough

2. Circe - Sassy, over the top, glamorous diva, humorous, yet deadly...if latter day Madonna were a supervillain she'd be Circe

3. Veronica Cale - Just because

4. Rucka's Ares - Cunning, sexy, not above making a joke but extremely treacherous in an honorable way

5. Medusa, Stheno and Euryale - the Gorgon sisters, good designs all around, interesting and often hilarious sisterly dynamic, culminating in the best fight in Wonder Woman history

6. Silver Swan - I liked all versions but my favorite is the original, Helen Alexandros because of the ugly duckling factor and the way her power over men upset Diana, who unknowingly was used to being the star attraction but wasn't when Silver Swan was around, stealing her spotlight

7. Debbie Domaine Cheetah - Seemingly the worst version but still my favorite because she appeared so briefly and was loaded with contradictions, intelligent but powerless, beautiful, brainwashed, ecologist, heiress that somehow becomes a viable threat to Wonder Woman after her conditioning by Kobra, sort of reminded me of a comic book Patty Hearst

8. Devastation - Great design, great motivation, great powerset, yet very creepy and unpredictable

9. Rebirth Dr. Cyber - Tragic backstory of an infinitely powerful machine that still carries herself as a fun outgoing person enjoying a life she no longer has

10. Matthew Clark's Dr. Poison - By far the best version, loved the old fashioned Dr. Kildare medical uniform but in leather and latex, the preyed open eyes and rictus grin, the gas mask and constant clouds of poisonous smoke, she was visually scary as hell before she even did anything

Honestly looking at the original Dr.Cyber I would love it if we started making her own body. That she can multiple herself. Her own system and her will not be own but she can hold any information she has gathered. She can experience what they experience. She doesn’t have to stay in Cale’s office.

Medusa! She has hands down been in my favourite Wondy fight of all time. I also like the moment when she first comes to a modern city and get's so overwhelmed she runs away.

Circe, Doctor Psycho, Veronica Cale, Ares and Queen of Fables make out the rest of my favourite villains.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    The real fun with Badra though is her whole 'flying like a comet at light speed' thing which made her so fast that she gave Wonder Woman trouble and the ability to destroy anything simply bu plowing into it combined with having a flipping gun that shoots lasers.
    Yeah, quite an interesting powerset.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Honestly looking at the original Dr.Cyber I would love it if we started making her own body. That she can multiple herself. Her own system and her will not be own but she can hold any information she has gathered. She can experience what they experience. She doesn’t have to stay in Cale’s office.
    The trick would be incorporating all of those other odd little bits about the original. Like her developing sorcery, gaining mental powers, and having an army of minions decked out in arms and munitions of her design. Honestly Ruckas take on Cyber is neat and a digital villain is quite nice to see added to the rogues gallery, but its just not quite as over the top as the original who had Doctor Moon as her servant and would go from trying to rule the world to trying to obtain a new flawless body.

The trick would be incorporating all of those other odd little bits about the original. Like her developing sorcery, gaining mental powers, and having an army of minions decked out in arms and munitions of her design. Honestly Ruckas take on Cyber is neat and a digital villain is quite nice to see added to the rogues gallery, but its just not quite as over the top as the original who had Doctor Moon as her servant and would go from trying to rule the world to trying to obtain a new flawless body.
    I don't mind her being a digital villain I would like her to have a bigger role. That she makes her own body. She can do anything else. I wonder if she had to be her own villain without Cale, how would you all want that done?

I kinda love the old Bondian/Doctor Doom-ish Doctor Cyber too.

I've been thinking about and kind of intrigued by the idea of Doctor Cyber and Brainiac meeting up...both are/were flesh and blood beings taking on technological, digital, cyborg-ic and bionic attributes to different degrees, depending on which versions you go with. I might throw in Thinker and The Brain too, just for fun, but the main protagonists/antagonists would be Adrianna and Vril.

One of the reasons why I would love if she did have a body is just to see her old costume. Would you guys want to see anything changed or updated? I wonder if we will ever see Zara, Anglette or Blue Snowman again

One of the reasons why I would love if she did have a body is just to see her old costume. Would you guys want to see anything changed or updated? I wonder if we will ever see Zara, Anglette or Blue Snowman again
    Hmm...Id like to see Doctor Cyber talk in a third person. Oh and to rule her own third world nation. And for her to have an army of robots called Cyberbots whom she would blame all of her failures upon.

Hmm...Id like to see Doctor Cyber talk in a third person. Oh and to rule her own third world nation. And for her to have an army of robots called Cyberbots whom she would blame all of her failures upon.
    Heh, I just thought of something that'd be awesome. Have the "real" Dr. Cyber as a computer entity, and one or more robotic(or bio-mechanoid) bodies. The robotic ones talk in third person because they're just puppets controlled by the computer consciousness. The bio-mechanoid one I would write in a way that makes it unclear whether she has an actual will of her own. The idea being that a copy of Cyber's personality lives inside her as a result of trying to link a living(but empty) brain to the computer system. Oh and the bio-mechanoid would basically be a genetically tweaked human with cybernetic implants. For extra fun, Cyber's allies aren't sure if the bio-mechanoid is a separate person either and constantly wonder if she's going to turn on them. Cyber maintains control of the bio-mechanoid remotely in a manner similar to the robots. She acts as an extension of Cyber though she's technically a separate person since what she wants to do is the same as what the original wants. So unlike the robots, if the connection is severed she'll keep pursuing Cyber's goals on her own.

Hehe, yeah totes inspired by Ghost in the Shell.

Hmmm. I do think for face value one of the androids be the one to speak in the first person. That she is the symbol of the real Dr.Cyber. Who would live in her three world country?

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

unnamed.jpg
    Detective Comics

In terms of rebirth do you guys feel Cale and Dr.Cyber both benefited from it? Did it raise their ranks? I hope Giganta gets that chance

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think Cale and Cyber benefited immensely. Veronica was kind of a bland gender swapped Lex in Rucka's original run, in Rebirth she's much more layered with a unique motivation. I also don't care much at all for evil businessman Post-Crisis Lex, and would prefer Rebirth Veronica fill that niche and allow Lex to return to his full blown villainous mad scientist incarnation.

Cyber I wasn't too taken with at first because she's so radically different, but once I got used to it...I realized the main things I liked about classic Dr. Cyber were the name and the armored design. The former is kept and we even get the creepy "Digital Goddess" design by Sharp that looks like her post-Crisis incarnation. She is much easier to take as a threat now, with a compelling motivation and we could even get the armored look back if she chooses to download herself into android bodies to walk among mortals. They could also re-introduce Leslie Anderson as her sister who would be an ally to Diana, which could create an interesting dynamic. I feel that Rucka switched her name from Leslie to Adrianna for this very reason, so Leslie could still be on the table.

In terms of rebirth do you guys feel Cale and Dr.Cyber both benefited from it? Did it raise their ranks? I hope Giganta gets that chance
    Cale is certainly more interesting though the way Ruckas run was resolved I have trouble seeing Veronica Cale as an ongoing villain and more an individual who is in need of help. Robinsons crummy run did nothing to elevate Cale in my eyes and felt like a step backwards for characterization.

As for Cyber, this Rebirth take feels like a completly different character to me. Yes, having a digital adversary is awesome, but what I liked about the original was how diverse her talents were. She was a sorceress. She was a scientist. She was a psychic. She was a martial artist. She lead a criminal empire which had cells all over the world squirreled away in her many secret bases, peopled by people who would die for her will.

She knew Wonder Womans secret identity and had spies who were privvy to every element of Dianas personal life and she would not hesitate to go after those close to Diana in order to make Wonder Woman pay.
    She was motivated by a desire for world domination and a gnawing compulsion to kill Wonder Woman not simply for foiling her plans, but because she blamed Wonder Woman for her scarred face which Diana didn't even cause in the first place.
    Her second in command was Yu Shan, the daughter of I-Ching who was a talented martial artist that wanted to kill her father for the murder of her mother.

In every way, shape, and form this new Doctor Cyber has alot to her that makes me want to keep her around as a unique villain, but I just wouldn't want to see her replace the original because she just falls short in alot of ways that I doubt could be remedied.

On a side note, its kinda annoying how writers rather than working with an older villain will just take elements from them to make something totally new and unrelated. I swear its more common with Wonder Womans rogues than anyone elses.