Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I agree. The illusions are the coolest part of her powers, IMO.

The only thing I can think of that explains all her powers is micro-telekinesis. When her powers are at low levels she manipulates photons (explaining why cameras and other people sometimes see her illusions), when they're high level she manipulates molecules (explaining the solid "illusions"). It's way too powerful for my taste, but it would set her apart from other psys.
    That's an eXcellent eXplanation, Arachne. In regards to her powers, and omitting anything that's strictly Valkyrie related, from:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danielle_Moonstar
    ... Mutant powers

Mirage was born a mutant who formerly had empathic psi abilities to communicate with animals and to create three-dimensional images of visual concepts from within the minds of herself and others. Her most developed ability allowed her to manifest people's fears or desires as realistic illusions.

Her ability began as manifesting people's worst fears, many times in an uncontrollable fashion, against the will of both involved. Soon she gained the ability to control this and to alternatively manifest a person's "deepest desire", or something or someone the person respects. She can also project images of objects of fear or desire from the minds of vertebrate animals and certain insects, but only the animal from which she derives the image will be able to see it.

She can even create illusions by channeling residual thought and emotional impressions in an area (such as showing Wolverine a battle scene between Mister Sinister and unknown assailants, simply by entering the area where the battle had recently taken place). At first, Mirage could not control her image projecting powers and would draw and project images without consciously willing to do so. She has since gained control through training and maturity.

Mirage has a quasi-telepathic talent that allows her to form a rapport with animals, including her winged horse, Brightwind, primates, canines, lupines, felines, and avians. She can sense their feelings, consciously perceive images in their minds, and even see through their eyes. This enables her to communicate with Wolfsbane in her transitional half-lupine form or transformed into her full wolf form. She has also been able to exist peacefully with wild animals.

She had, for a time, the ability to make the telepathic images manifest as psionic energy, becoming tangible entities of solid psionic force. This ability was limited in that Mirage could only sustain one illusion at a time. She often carried around a "dream spear", in order to destroy previous illusions. Many times, her powers caused her to experience sharp, blinding headaches.

Mirage has displayed the ability to focus her psionic powers into energy arrows which could stun an opponent by disrupting their central nervous system, or force them to relive a traumatic memory.

Although not a traditional telepath, her mental abilities give her sufficient control to have used Cerebro at a time it was only usable by telepaths, and she has also exhibited a danger sense. ...

... Physical abilities

Due to her training at Xavier's and her time as a Valkyrie in Asgard, and her natural athleticism growing up in the Rocky Mountains, Dani is physically fit and an excellent hand-to-hand combatant. In addition, she is experienced in the use of several primitive weapons, especially the bow and arrow, spear, knife and sword, which she carried as a Valkyrie. She is a skilled equestrian and swimmer, a good marksman with a rifle, and an excellent archer. ...
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-26-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Mighty Member

The only thing I can think of that explains all her powers is micro-telekinesis. When her powers are at low levels she manipulates photons (explaining why cameras and other people sometimes see her illusions), when they're high level she manipulates molecules (explaining the solid "illusions"). It's way too powerful for my taste, but it would set her apart from other psys.
    Thats an interesting take and it makes sense.It is a bit different from my take though. My take is that psionic characters are low level reality warpers who abilities are very specific but sometimes blur. its been shown that its the will of characters with mental abilities determine things from being more powerful foes to pushing themselves pass their limits.It could also explain how telepaths become telekinetics or sometimes display telekinetic feats or how telepaths sometimes effect the real world. Framing it this way, I see her ability to create illusions has a low level extension of the ability to warp and shape reality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    But what powers would she get .. She has had so many various iterations of her powers.. I hope we get a Emphatic illusionist with Psionic weapons, and Animal Telepathy with a danger sense. They just need to make her the most powerful Illusionist and call it a day. This would help with her not being redundant when she is around Telepaths.
    Her original powers was to pull out images from one's mind ie. one's greatest fear but later writers didn't like that and made a lot of messy modifications.

Her powers is akin to Mesmero and should be akin to pull out any image from one's mind and not just fear-related.

Yes, her full blown powers should be just like Mesmero and look how powerful Mesmero was in X-Men Gold.

But I don't think Marvel is going to give her passive power back ... Her powers were considered as passive as Cypher but Cypher has evolved so why not Dani?

Yeah, we need a Mesmero like power in X-Men.

Dani would have been useful in the Mesmero arc by destroying his illusions on Rachel but alas, writers couldn't see this possibility.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 08-27-2018 at 12:51 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Rosenberg's gonna give Dani her powers back! (I hope.)

Shatterstar free-balling

I like how Karma is drawn but Prodigy and Wolfsbane look too young and Illyana looks disheveled.

An early reviewer called Rosenberg "a monster" after reading this. I'm scared. Mostly for Dani, Shan, and David.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    An early reviewer called Rosenberg "a monster" after reading this. I'm scared. Mostly for Dani, Shan, and David.
    David is on the Disassembled poster. So he's save. Karma and Dani are not on it though.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Rosenberg's gonna give Dani her powers back! (I hope.)

Shatterstar free-balling
    Not free-balling, he wasn't wearing anything except for his apron.

He was showing his naked butt.

BANNED

This issue is suspenseful. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Dani either gets Warlock's powers or gets her powers back or just died cause she can't breathe.

What will happen to Karma and David? Mind showing monster part?
    Last edited by jalsrix; 08-28-2018 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Not free-balling, he wasn't wearing anything except for his apron.

He was showing his naked butt.
    Artist said on his instagram or twitter that his original panel had the bare ass visible. I'd have very much enjoyed that.

BANNED

Damn! Just as my anXiety had subsided some, it's back into overdrive again.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    This issue is suspenseful. Can't wait to get my hands on it. ...

... Mind showing monster part?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

lol

The worst things Rosenberg's ever done was let Punisher kill people and let Warren kill people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

So there will be three deaths this issue? Dani, Warlock and Shan?

Yeah,he's a monster!

Incredible Member

After alteration by the High Evolutionary (and briefly while boosted by the Brood Infected Xavier), Dani could manifest physical matter (after the Evolutionary it was any single being or object, but the Brood enhanced matter was environmental, tunnels of hive-organic walls)

Issue #6 just dropped on Comixology:

spoilers:
    Well. That was a crapload of WTF? And pretty much guarantees that Rosenberg has more planned for Magik, Dani, SG, Warlock, Rahne, and Karma. But this last issue wasn't great as concluding chapter and was way too info-dumpy for me. Fun series, but not a strong landing.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Anduinel; 08-29-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Issue #6 just dropped on Comixology:

spoilers:
    Well. That was a crapload of WTF? And pretty much guarantees that Rosenberg has more planned for Magik, Dani, SG, Warlock, Rahne, and Karma. But this last issue wasn't great as concluding chapter and was way too info-dumpy for me. Fun series, but not a strong landing.
    end of spoilers
    Agreed. It needed another issue...But, if this means we might get a proper New Mutants book next year, I’m all for it!

On a side note, I’m guessing these characters will be mostly, if not totally, absent from Uncanny Disassembled.