Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Also, wasn’t it the bomb that killed him? Not the crowbar? Unless you want to say the crowbar kept him from being able to get to safety himself?
    I guess but maybe the damage from the crowbar would have killed him regardless? I think it was chosen more figuratively in this context because of the crowbar symbolism more than anything. Physically the beating from Bruce cannot hurt more, but emotionally it just might.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Man this is gonna be a tear jerker. Seriously.

And now a question to get discussion rolling here. With Jason headed into the communications room of the ship and with the reference to his having discovered that Roy was in trouble in that room previously does anyone else think that Jason is going to discover that not only is Penguin alive and kicking when Bats clearly stated he was dead but that Bats has also allied himself with Cobblepot at some point in the issue? The timeframe would seem to sync up with what's happening in Batman now and I could see Jason getting enraged that he was beat so badly over what amounts to a false accusation of murder. It's just a bit of speculation that popped into my head as I read the preview.
    There was a theory that Jason realized at one point during the execution that he was doing it for the wrong reason and shifted his aim last second. I haven't thought much about which scenario I would prefer more. As for the teamup with Batman, I seriously hope it happens somewhere even further down the line and Jason would already be deep in whatever going on in Appleton to be hurt by this news.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Man this is gonna be a tear jerker. Seriously.

And now a question to get discussion rolling here. With Jason headed into the communications room of the ship and with the reference to his having discovered that Roy was in trouble in that room previously does anyone else think that Jason is going to discover that not only is Penguin alive and kicking when Bats clearly stated he was dead but that Bats has also allied himself with Cobblepot at some point in the issue? The timeframe would seem to sync up with what's happening in Batman now and I could see Jason getting enraged that he was beat so badly over what amounts to a false accusation of murder. It's just a bit of speculation that popped into my head as I read the preview.
    Oh, jesus christ. I didn't see this in its whole perspective.

Holly crap. I'm so freaking mad with Bruce now. And I refuse to be comprehensive towards anyone who defends his behaviour now, with what's about to happen. Just wow, Bruce! Way to go. He better realice about his wrong deeds soon. And the batfamilly better call his crap.

I can't believe I didn't notice the whole implications of the Penguin alliance and the not-dead status could be for Jason in retrospective.

Jerkman, that's his name.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I guess but maybe the damage from the crowbar would have killed him regardless? I think it was chosen more figuratively in this context because of the crowbar symbolism more than anything. Physically the beating from Bruce cannot hurt more, but emotionally it just might.
    I took it as a figure of speech.

BANNED

I wonder if this fight will be included in cbrs 15 times someone beat red Hood list.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Someone elsewhere pointed it out, what if Roy's mysterious project is Jason's new costume?
    I could see Roy maybe working on tech for Jason's domino and maybe that faceplate but not the entire costume. The overall look is just to cobbled together looking and low tech to explain why he would need three months to work on it. I'm guessing Jason is the one who puts it together not Roy. It's more likely that his secret project has to do with the drug Roy's investigating that is mentioned in the solicit.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I think the whole penguin thing is just badly coordinated by editorial. Tom had his story to tell, lobdell had his and the editor didn't notice that penguin is gonna be used in tom's run, while being fataly wounded in scott's.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I think he was speaking of the beating hurting more in the emotional sense rather than physical as well. Jason may be hurting from the physical injuries but I imagine after everything that's happened he's hurting more deeply emotionally. He's emotions are likely a mess right now. In fact that could explain why he's taking so long to heal physically. Recovery is just as much an emotional process as it is a physical one and I would imagine Jason might have simply done nothing toward his own recovery in the immediate aftermath of the beating and not because his injuries wouldn't allow him to do so either.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    That wouldn't be a bad thing if its a health issue nothing wrong with the good ol hand to hand combat
    I have nothing against Jason doing some hand-to-hand combat.
    But the thought disturbs me that Bruce would hurt one of his sons so badly that he could maybe suffer a permanent injury.
    Compare this to the upcoming Batman issues when Dick gets hurt by KGBeast and Bruce turns into a furious mother hen.
    Somehow Jason is always getting the short end of the stick.

excuse my lack of knowledge but, how come its only roy that checks up on jason? Why not starfire as well? or even any members of the bat family? isnt he suppose to be in decent terms with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight27 View Post
    excuse my lack of knowledge but, how come its only roy that checks up on jason? Why not starfire as well? or even any members of the bat family? isnt he suppose to be in decent terms with them?
    Starfire is likely in space at the moment with Justice League Oddessy so she likely doesn't even know what happened and as for the rest of the Bat Family it could be that Bruce simply hasn't told them about the actual fight or how badly Jason was hurt even. He does have a tendency toward keeping secrets and outright lying to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    But the thought disturbs me that Bruce would hurt one of his sons so badly that he could maybe suffer a permanent injury.
    Compare this to the upcoming Batman issues when Dick gets hurt by KGBeast and Bruce turns into a furious mother hen.
    That he does. Always the short end of the stick. Honestly it's a toxic relationship at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    And didn't Damian just shoot Black Mask in the head?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I know this is probably unlikely, but what if the news that Jason's supposed to get in issue...27(?) that pushes him over the edge isn't related to Roy at all, but instead about him learning that not only is Penguin alive, but that Bruce is working with him?

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    And didn't Damian just shoot Black Mask in the head?
    Well, Bruce doesn't know yet. And apparently the only thing broken was the mask, he was talking just fine in the issue after.