Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Totally agree Daniel. If the formula works, don't break it!
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Mr/Miss Moderator. Could you change this thread to a "Conan Appreciation" thread. I think we will need one.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

I don't mind Aaron he seems to be a fan but I'm really disappointed that Ribic won't draw the book, the guy was born to draw Conan. Aaron/Ribic on Conan was basically the perfect combo to launch a new Conan serie but nope instead Marvel will have Asrar draw the book

Saw in a recent preview issue that Marvel will be putting out a Savage Sword omnibus; very excited for that since I don't like to open my floppies. Anyone else picking this up, and does anyone know if it will be black and white as well?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I don't mind Aaron he seems to be a fan but I'm really disappointed that Ribic won't draw the book, the guy was born to draw Conan. Aaron/Ribic on Conan was basically the perfect combo to launch a new Conan serie but nope instead Marvel will have Asrar draw the book
    Man, I totally agree with Ribic. He fits SO WELL. Well we know Aaron has worked with him in the past, maybe it's just a scheduling thing and he will do an arc eventually. Or maybe he'll be on another Conan book. I think he'd do best on the "main" book, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Saw in a recent preview issue that Marvel will be putting out a Savage Sword omnibus; very excited for that since I don't like to open my floppies. Anyone else picking this up, and does anyone know if it will be black and white as well?
    I really can't wait for both Savage Sword and the Conan the Barbarian omnibi! Looking at the preview images in the recent hachette catalog it seems it will be in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Man, I totally agree with Ribic. He fits SO WELL. Well we know Aaron has worked with him in the past, maybe it's just a scheduling thing and he will do an arc eventually. Or maybe he'll be on another Conan book. I think he'd do best on the "main" book, though.
    Yeah I hope it's just due to scheduling issues and that Ribic will draw the book after the first arc but honestly what a missed opportunity for Marvel.

BANNED

Amen to that! Conan was the Punisher and Wolverine before they were even thought of. Look forward to some heavy duty son of Crom slaying.
    Wolverine I can kinda see, but I don't think The Punisher is even remotely similar to Conan.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Wolverine I can kinda see, but I don't think The Punisher is even remotely similar to Conan.
    I'd say that Punisher deconstructs ideas that Conan plays straight. It's like comparing "Independence Day" with the remake of "War of the Worlds". Both are about alien invasions and apocalyptic destruction, but "Independence Day" is a rip-roaring fun ride of explosions and heroism, and "War of the Worlds" is a gritty tale of absolute horror.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 09-05-2018 at 09:53 PM.

You get it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I'd say that Punisher deconstructs ideas that Conan plays straight.
    Conan and The Punisher don't really share ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Aaron didn't read Thor canon before he worked on Thor.
    Is this true? Do you have an actual quote?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I'd say that Punisher deconstructs ideas that Conan plays straight. It's like comparing "Independence Day" with the remake of "War of the Worlds". Both are about alien invasions and apocalyptic destruction, but "Independence Day" is a rip-roaring fun ride of explosions and heroism, and "War of the Worlds" is a gritty tale of absolute horror.
    They have little in common. Conan fights almost exclusively for the sheer joy of adventure, the gold he can loot or the woman he can bed. The punisher is fighting for his own twisted moral outlook. He believes he is helping society and avenging those who are helpless victims.
    Conan is largely happy and free, relishing all that life throws at him whereas the punisher is moody and melancholic, plagued by loss.
    The only thing they have in common is a martial prowess that is beyond belief and no fear of blood!

Being that it's looked after by Cory S, it will be faithful to the originals except for the dimensions I think. Just like the Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Omniboo.

Amazing Member

Will dark horse still be printing their own Conan collections? Or have they sold the right to produce their own works because they lost the conan franchise?

Marvel will be getting those. It's like how Titan took over Doctor Who from IDW, and reprinted IDW's material as omnibuses, and how Marvel have been able to re-release Dark Horse Star Wars. I would expect Dark Horse Conan to be added to Marvel Unlimited. And DH will probably fire sale their trades, like Archie did when IDW took Sonic from them.

Moderators, shouldn't this thread be merged with this one?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman