Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    It would be awesome if Defenders became an ongoing franchise on par with Avengers and X-Men.

I prefer the later team though with Hellcat, Valkyrie, and (real) Nighthawk.
    I like those lineups as well. I even liked the Beast version of the team. A team of just the big four does not excite me as much.

I will say again I wish they gave The Luke Cage version more of a chance post Bendis.

Honestly I my mind this is perfect. The big four Avengers back together again for a limited time.

In my mind the Defenders are at their best when they're a group of people who have a lot of power, don't work well with others (including each other), and are only going to stick together until the threat that brought them together is defeated.

Personally I find that putting any of these guys on a team leads to a watering down of their power, a watering down of their personality or both.

I'd rather have a good Defender's stiry every few years, than an ongoing where Hulk, Namor, Strange, and Surfer lose their unique characteristics to better fit in with a team dynamic.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder if we’ll also get a Namor & Silver Surfer solo out of this mini? I need my monthly Namor fix.

Very interested in another attempt at The Defenders. The original book had some great moments and I loved The Busiek/Larsen version. Al Ewing is currently one of my favourite current writers so I'm hoping he gets an ongoing if it becomes one. I do wonder if this is just a five-week month fill-in though.

they need to battle against major bad monsters and demons. No betrayals. No de powering at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wonder if we’ll also get a Namor & Silver Surfer solo out of this mini? I need my monthly Namor fix.
    I'd love to see a Namor solo again. I thought John Byrne's Namor book was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    they need to battle against major bad monsters and demons. No betrayals. No de powering at the end.
    Someone that talks my language. A group like this must battle powerful foes from other dimensions, realms and worlds. Everything from cosmic level characters to strange and abstract beings with weird abilities. It would take a writer like Ewing, that can write powerful characters without limiting them to the norm. Leave the earthly threats to the Avengers.

Also, give Namor back his "electric eel" shock and water spraying power. He's supposed to be an Omega level threat and Omega level mutant. Give him some Atlantean advanced weaponry to work with.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Mighty Member

Ed McGuinness Defenders

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Ed McGuinness Defenders
    Love the old Strange in the mask years.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

The stuff Latour has been posting for his Surfer book looks pretty amazing...i'd be down for some kind of series where he's writing/drawing but it'd be hard to keep that schedule up. Maybe a mini-series.

I would love to see an ongoing of some kind (even if they rotated the cast a bit). But looking forward to the one-shots.