Default I just watched the Scooby-Doo Batman crossover cartoon movie

So I just watched the cartoon movie with Crimson Cloak and I am rewatching some old cartoons from the Scooby Doo movies where the Scooby gang meets Batman. Something I've been thinking about wouldn't it make more sense for an iconic villain that comes across Scooby and the gang to be along the lines of Scarecrow and or Solomon Grundy?
    I suppose not because Grundy realistically would be too dangerous even if he was watered down for kids and Scarecrow along with his fear toxin would be too much for Scooby and the gang even if Scarecrow himself was watered down. Still I feel like Scarecrow and Grundy would make more sense for a Scooby Doo and Batman crossover.

Scarecrow really would be the perfect choice for the ending when they rip off the mask. Plus you can tone down or scale up the fear gas to do whatever you wanted within the tone you're going for.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Scarecrow really would be the perfect choice for the ending when they rip off the mask. Plus you can tone down or scale up the fear gas to do whatever you wanted within the tone you're going for.
    Would it really affect Scooby and Shaggy? Those two are scared all the time to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Would it really affect Scooby and Shaggy? Those two are scared all the time to begin with.
    If I were to do it Scooby and Shaggy's fear would not be able to eat or something like that. Just go with something food related and it can work I think. As for the main plot I think the gang would set a trap for scarecrow that he would evade and hit everyone with fear gas that would take them out. Batman and Robin would arrive as Scarecrow was escaping to save them. From there the two groups team up and work on some crime scenes until they find Scarecrow again and catch him. Simple Hanna Barbera style, just a fun little adventure that can like I said be scaled up to be more intense and what not.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    If I were to do it Scooby and Shaggy's fear would not be able to eat or something like that. Just go with something food related and it can work I think. As for the main plot I think the gang would set a trap for scarecrow that he would evade and hit everyone with fear gas that would take them out. Batman and Robin would arrive as Scarecrow was escaping to save them. From there the two groups team up and work on some crime scenes until they find Scarecrow again and catch him. Simple Hanna Barbera style, just a fun little adventure that can like I said be scaled up to be more intense and what not.
    I like your idea plot wise they could have something like Scarecrow scaring off locals near a farm or something and it comes out he was using the farm to grow the plants he uses to make his fear toxin. I remember reasing a Batman comic from Batman Arkahm: Scarecrow there's a scene where Scarecrow is up on a cross on a field and he just jumps off I can see that as the opening scene in a Scooby Doo cartoon you got a regular farmer out at night he looks up at a scarecrow and is like "Where did that come from?" and BOOM!!! Scarecrow jumps off and spays the farmer and he starts screaming.

Also I think it would be funny if Scooby and Shaggy had an opposite or no reaction to fear toxin and gave Scarecrow a run for his money and finally Scarecrow gets a taste of his own medicine and becomes terrified of Scooby and Shaggy in the final scene.
    Last edited by Castiel; 08-26-2018 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I like your idea plot wise they could have something like Scarecrow scaring off locals near a farm or something and it comes out he was using the farm to grow the plants he uses to make his fear toxin. I remember reasing a Batman comic from Batman Arkahm: Scarecrow there's a scene where Scarecrow is up on a cross on a field and he just jumps off I can see that as the opening scene in a Scooby Doo cartoon you got a regular farmer out at night he looks up at a scarecrow and is like "Where did that come from?" and BOOM!!! Scarecrow jumps off and spays the farmer and he starts screaming.

Also I think it would be funny if Scooby and Shaggy had an opposite or no reaction to fear toxin and gave Scarecrow a run for his money and finally Scarecrow gets a taste of his own medicine and becomes terrified of Scooby and Shaggy in the final scene.
    I like that ending, kinda like Hulk at the end of Avengers. "That's my secret Fred, we're always scared!"