Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • HOLA! 5 stars

5 26.32%
  • Not Paradise Island but you can see it from here. 4 stars

11 57.89%
  • An OK way to spend 15 minutes. 3 stars

2 10.53%
  • Glitters a bit but it's no gold lasso. 2 stars.

1 5.26%
  • All the world is still waiting for Wonder Woman. 1 star.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I enjoyed this issue more than the last one - especially the dialogue between Diana, Artemis, and Aztek.

Tezcatlipoca's trash talk about the other Skyland gods and the Olympians was fun. I enjoy that all the deities are aware of one another. Interestingly, Tezcatlipoca claims that the Olympians and New Gods are singularity across the multiverse, if I read his comment correctly. When the DCnU launched, only the New Gods were a singularity and all the other pantheons had representation in each universe. I wonder when that changed?

Anyway, I like how the story transitioned to Bana Mighdall and I’m looking forward to Artemis, Diana’s, and Atalanta’s reception.

This should be how Wonder Woman works, moving from story to story fluidly with a little something from the previous story (Artemis) connecting to the next story (the Bana Mighdall.)

I like the character designs, but overall found the art much weaker this issue.

If Diana ever gets a second ongoing title, I’d be happy to have Orlando write it. I’d love to see how he’d tackle some of Diana’s costumed foes and adversaries and really build them up character-wise.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Orlando should write a proper WW run like yesterday. You can clearly feel by reading his issues that he's a WW nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Orlando should write a proper WW run like yesterday. You can clearly feel by reading his issues that he's a WW nerd.
    I agree. I vote for a second title. I imagine almost all (or at least many) Wonder fans would pick up a second ongoing, in continuity title if it was by a solid writer intrigued by Wonder lore, concepts, and characters. (At least I'd buy two monthlies.)

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I agree. I vote for a second title. I imagine almost all (or at least many) Wonder fans would pick up a second ongoing, in continuity title if it was by a solid writer intrigued by Wonder lore, concepts, and characters. (At least I'd buy two monthlies.)
    I don't feel that DC is even remotely interested in launching a second WW title in the next future. If we ask editors for a second WW series, their answer would probably be "read JL Dark"

I wouldn't mind if Orlando - before taking over the main WW book as I wish - writes some mini or GN featuring Diana.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-30-2018 at 06:11 AM.

I don't feel that DC is even remotely interested in launching a second WW title in the next future. If we ask editors for a second WW series, their answer would probably be "read JL Dark"
    On the other hand, with the next movie coming out next year and likely to be a big hit, there is probably no better time to really push Wonder Woman as a comic figure. And as far as I can tell, Tynion's Justice League Dark seems to follow a definite story arc with a clear end, so how long Diana will have a "second" title is unclear.

On the third hand, DC (or Marvel) doesn't really have the distribution network to really reach the mass market anymore, so they can't really capitalise on the success of the movies with their comics.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    On the other hand, with the next movie coming out next year and likely to be a big hit, there is probably no better time to really push Wonder Woman as a comic figure. And as far as I can tell, Tynion's Justice League Dark seems to follow a definite story arc with a clear end, so how long Diana will have a "second" title is unclear.

On the third hand, DC (or Marvel) doesn't really have the distribution network to really reach the mass market anymore, so they can't really capitalise on the success of the movies with their comics.
    Weirdly enough DC has produced a great variety of comics featuring Wonder Woman long before her 1st movie was released in theaters: WW '77, Sensation Comics, LoWW, Earth One, True Amazon... but we didn't get anything around the movie release outside of her solo book.

I'm not holding my breath that for her 2nd movie it will be different.

I wouldn't mind if Orlando - before taking over the main WW book as I wish - writes some mini or GN featuring Diana.
    It definitely seems that way. I'm just over here dreamin'.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It definitely seems that way. I'm just over here dreamin'.

"Never stop dreaming" should be WW fans' motto.