Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Street Fighter 6

No, there is no actual news or even strong rumors at this crazy- early point on any STREET FIGHTER 6 video game. I'm just idly looking forward and speculating about the future of this franchise. And I invite you to do the same.

The only thing about SF6 that I've heard/read anything about is that Capcom will be fully supporting SF5 through the end of 2020. That means their focus, rightfully so IMHO, is vastly on the product they currently have out on the market right now and for the next 2 years.

But ... what about 2021 and beyond?

I think a lot of it depends on the next generation of consoles beyond the PS4 and its ilk. No idea what the status of the PS5 or its equivalents are at this point, but I think it's safe to say that we don't see any big developments on SF6 until we see the next Playstation incarnation. 2021 seems the earliest possible point for that.

So, that said, what do you want to see in SF6?

Me: I want a few things.

1. I want to get back to the more global World Warrior feel: with a maximum of one fighter per country.

2. I want a maximum of 2 fighters from each incarnation of STREET FIGHTER (SF1, SF2, SFA, SF3, SF4, SF5) to be present as an immediately playable character. Maybe 2 original EX fighters can be unlockable as well.

3. I want an even mix of Male and Female fighters to choose from the get-go.

4. I want SF6 to take place entirely after the events of SF3 (chronologically the last one till now), so all the returning characters are at least a little older visually. Bearded Ryu is a must.

5. Because this is after SF3 chronologically, none of the old bosses are around. No more Sagat, M.Bison, Akuma, Gil, or Seth. All dead or permanent retired.

6. I want 6 all-new playable characters (either 3M/3F or 2M/2F/2 Other), with one brand-new final boss.

What about you? What do you want for SF6?

Bonus: if you tried using my guidelines for SF6's character selection, what would your own 12 (or 14, if you count EX) returning playable character roster for SF6 look like?

You might as well cross #1 and #5 off your list. Even SF2 didn't stick to, "one fighter per country". I think SF5's done a decent job of branching out though (Laura, Rashid, Menat, Necalli), and I wouldn't mind seeing seeing more of that. If only for the added diversity to the fighting styles available.

Akuma's not going anywhere though, not for long anyway. I know this is hypothetical and all but he's one of, it not the, most popular SF in existence. That's like expecting DC to arbitrarily retire Batman. If...IF they ever retire him, it needs to be with a battle. Like Kazuya vs Heihachi. Send him off properly.

But, I do want to see a post-SF3 game. They wrapped up Bison and Shadaloo, so there's no excuses anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Akuma's not going anywhere though
    He's going to Tekken.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I just want Q and zoning back.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I just want Q and zoning back.
    Oh, come on, zoning really? Man, i hate that stuff. (mostly cause it's driving me crazy to play against lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    You might as well cross #1 and #5 off your list. Even SF2 didn't stick to, "one fighter per country". I think SF5's done a decent job of branching out though (Laura, Rashid, Menat, Necalli), and I wouldn't mind seeing seeing more of that. If only for the added diversity to the fighting styles available.
    Ah, but that would be the challenge of it! Surely it can be done with some effort.

(Goes off to try it)

Holy crap, that was much harder than expected. Didn't realize how much Capcom favored their "home team", i.e. how many of SF characters are from Japan. But I did make a SF6 returning characters roster that technically meets all my previous qualifications:

SF6 - Returning Characters Roster (Mark 1.0)

01. Ryu - SF1 - Japan, Asia - Male
    02. Ken - SF1 - USA, North America - Male
    03. Chun-Li - SF2 - China, Asia - Female
    04. Vega - SF2 - Spain, Europe - Male
    05 Adon - SFA - Thailand, Asia - Male
    06. Dan - SFA - Hong Kong, Asia - Male
    07. Blair - SFX - Monaco, Europe - Female
    08. Darun - SFX - India, Asia - Male
    09. Elena - SF3 - Kenya, Africa - Female
    10. Dudley - SF3 - UK, Europe - Male
    11. Juri - SF4 - South Korea, Asia - Female
    12. Decapre - SF4 - Russia, Europe - Female
    13. Laura - SF5 - Brazil, South America - Female
    14. Menat - SF5 - Egypt, Africa - Female

Not bad, IMHO. Could stand to add a few more, but this is a good base.

Akuma's not going anywhere though, not for long anyway. I know this is hypothetical and all but he's one of, it not the, most popular SF in existence. That's like expecting DC to arbitrarily retire Batman. If...IF they ever retire him, it needs to be with a battle. Like Kazuya vs Heihachi. Send him off properly.
    He wasn't a big part of SF3, was he? Oh wait, I think he actually was a secret boss or something. It'd be a bolder move to move past Akuma altogether, but what if, post-SF3 timeline, Akuma has a new form with a new name (like Oni, but new and different), as a secret boss?

But, I do want to see a post-SF3 game. They wrapped up Bison and Shadaloo, so there's no excuses anymore.
    Totally agree.

Ok, here is my proposed full roster of returning playable characters for STREET FIGHTER 6. It was tough, especially with both sticking to the whole "one fighter per country" role AND making sure we get a 50/50 split between male and female fighters. And I tried to stay away from characters with origins from other franchises (mainly FINAL FIGHT). Let's see how I did:

SF6 - Returning Characters Roster (Mark 2.0) :

01. Ryu - SF1 - Japan, Asia - Male

02. Ken - SF1 - United States, North America - Male

03. Chun-Li - SF2 - China, Asia - Female

04. Vega - SF2 - Spain, Europe - Male

05 Adon - SFA - Thailand, Asia - Male

06. Dan - SFA - Hong Kong, Asia - Male

07. Blair - SFEX - Monaco, Europe - Female

08. Darun - SFEX - India, Asia - Male

09. Elena - SF3 - Kenya, Africa - Female

10. Dudley - SF3 - United Kingdom, Europe - Male

11. Juri - SF4 - South Korea, Asia - Female

12. Decapre - SF4 - Russia, Europe - Female

13. Laura - SF5 - Brazil, South America - Female

14. Menat - SF5 - Egypt, Africa - Female

15. El Fuerte - SF4 - Mexico, North America - Male

16. Rashid - SF5 - United Arab Emirates, Asia - Male

17. Rose - SF3 - Italy, Europe - Female

18. Falke - SF5 - Germany, Europe - Female

19. Hakkan - SF5 - Turkey, Europe / Asia - Male

20. Abel - SF4 - France, Europe - Male

21. Pullum - SFEX - Saudi Arabia, Asia - Female

22. Santamu - SF5 - Ethiopia, Africa - Female

23. Q - SF3 - Unknown, Unknown - Male

24. Ingrid - SFA - Unknown, Unknown - Female

I'm happy with this roster, even though we'd lose all Japanese and American fighters except for Ryu and Ken. Doubt Capcom allows that, but hey, just spitballing here.

Now the more fun part:

Come up with 6 brand-new playable characters for STREET FIGHTER 6.

Same rules: one fighter per country (cannot repeat countries with the returning characters) and an even Male/Female mix (3M:3F).

I have some ideas of my own, and will post those later.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 08-30-2018 at 03:49 AM.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I would like more characters getting the story progress/changes to their default costumes, similar to what they did with Sakura, Ken, Sagat or even small stuff like they did with Cammy and Bison in SF5. "Hot" Ryu would be default Ryu, Chun would wear a modified police outfit, etc. More villain characters. Grapplers from Mika's league showing up. Actually just make a wrestling spin off game with all the grappler characters.
    Based on OP's #2&3 my list would be:
    1) Chun Li -SF1- China- F
    2) Ken -SF1-USA-M
    3) Cammy -SF2-UK-F
    4) Vega -SF2-Spain-M
    5) R. Mika -SFA-Japan-F
    6) Dhalism -SFA-India-M
    7) Elena -SF3-Kenya-F
    8) Q -SF3-Unknown-M
    9) Juri -SF4-South Korea-F
    10) Hakan -SF4-Turkey-M
    11) Laura Matsuda -SF5-Brazil-F
    12) Rashid -SF5-Middle East-M

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Oh, come on, zoning really? Man, i hate that stuff. (mostly cause it's driving me crazy to play against lol)
    Yes, really. I don't think an entire playstyle should be phrased out because it annoys some people. There are some of us that enjoy playing lame!

Fantastic Member

I don't mind zoning as long as they start making so that projectiles don't cancel each other out. That's one of the flaws I have with the NRS fighters and probably why there's more complaints about the zoning in those games than in games like Street Fighter and Killer Instinct.

Astonishing Member

I just playable sagat and zangief oh tag mode vs cpu gimme Abigail alex t hawk too
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-01-2018 at 12:23 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ok, so along with the 24 returning playable characters for this game, we also would have 6 brand-new playable characters introduced in SF6.

My first two new SF6 character proposals:

1. "Chidi" - Nigeria, Africa - Male - martial art: Dambe.

2. "Taleigha" - Australia, Oceania - Female - martial art: Coreeda.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 09-09-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    I don't mind zoning as long as they start making so that projectiles don't cancel each other out. That's one of the flaws I have with the NRS fighters and probably why there's more complaints about the zoning in those games than in games like Street Fighter and Killer Instinct.
    I think the problem with zoning characters in NRS games (at least Injustice, MK doesn't seem to suffer from this) is the fact that they give up nothing for their long range power. Even if you close the distance, they're capable of functioning in close quarters as well as anyone else, while hitting just as hard as anyone else, while having just as much health as anyone else, except they have the added bonus of being able to blow you up from clear across the screen.

Zoning normally isn't my style, but it never infuriates me the way it does in Injustice games.

Ok, here would be my proposal for the 6 all-new fighters debutng in STREET FIGHTER 6, possibly sometime in 2021:

1. "Chidi" - Nigeria, Africa - Male - 6'2", 210 lbs - martial art: Dambe

2. "Oisin" - Ireland, Europe - Male - 6'0", 190 bs - martial art: Bataireacht

3. "Taleigha" - Australia, Oceania - Female - 5'6", 130 lbs - martial art: Coreeda

4. "Yessica" - Peru, South America - Female - 5'4", 120 lbs - martial art: Rumi Maki

5. "Emberly" - Canada, North America - Female - 5'10", 160 lbs - martial art: Defendo

6. "Bayani" - Phillipines, Asia - Male - 5'8", 150 lbs - martial art: Arnis
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 09-09-2018 at 07:02 AM.

I predict that Toshiyuki Kamei will be the art director for SF6 like he was for SF4 and SF5. Japanese voice production will still be done by Studio Mausu Co., Ltd with Ryosuke Naya . this studio seems like Capcom's go to studio for Japanese voice production for their fighting games. finally New Generation Pictures will still be doing English dubbing for Street Fighter.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel