Sabretooth is the well-known nemesis of the super-mutant eccentric hero Wolverine from the comic book universe of the Uncanny X-Men (Marvel Comics).

Sabretooth is a beastly character who rivals Wolverine's sense of stealth and ferocity and hence represents our fascination with animal-like strength or agility.

I like using Sabretooth as an icon to creatively dispel my anxieties about demon ambitions in our world of fierce competition (i.e., Wall Street).

To that end, here's my two cents about using Sabretooth to talk about the Devil:

"Sabretooth meets the Devil, and the Devil asks him, 'Are you worried that you look like an animal in front of women?' to which Sabretooth replies, 'I only care about defeating my mortal enemy Wolverine.' The Devil realizes that Sabretooth's sole consideration is his hunger for battle with Wolverine and not his gross appearance. So the Devil tells Sabretooth that he will leave him to his devices, since maybe, just maybe, carnal thirst for combat is certainly as morally perplexing as the vanities of physical appearance. Sabretooth leaves the Devil feeling less handsome but more ready for his next contest with Wolverine."

Someone should open a Sabretooth bar and grill.

xsabretooth.jpg