Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I think they go together like peanut butter and sushi.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hard pass.

First off, I don't like seeing characters from separate editorial offices and IP umbrellas date. It limits what you can do with the pairing, and the couple is always under the tug and pull of different narrative directions. We've all seen how quickly that can go bad with the Panther-Storm and Superman-Wonder Woman relationships.

And the age thing.....I'm not sure how old Parker and Laura are supposed to be these days, but I'm fairly sure he's getting close to 30 and she's getting close to legal drinking age. It might not be illegal but it's creepy.

And third.....I don't think Parker could handle Laura or her opinions on lethal force (Wade gets crap as it is, it'd be way worse for Laura) and I dont think Laura could handle Parker's snark. I think they'd annoy the hell out of each other and the whole thing would go down in flames with both parties coming out looking worse.
    That would actually be a fun train wreck, if we go for your scenario. I think a lot of the mileage this pairing gets comes from it adding a certain twist on the relationship Laura's (genetic, now actual) father has with Peter, in that as much respect and camaraderie as Peter and Logan have for/with each other, they're ultimately too different to be best buds. The same could be true of Peter and Laura, although as of the All-New Wolverine series, Laura has been trying very hard to refrain from lethal force unless absolutely necessary, so she and Peter might not be so far apart there. That said, I do see your point about Peter's snark rubbing Laura the wrong way, even if I could still imagine her cracking a (small) smile when she thinks Peter can't see her face, and I could see Gabby getting along better with Peter than Laura does, much to Laura's consternation since that would mean Peter being around (her) more. Think of the bloody hilarity that could ensue!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder where this fascination for pairing Laura with people connected to Logan comes from, although I guess Tyke was a popular ship .

Really, if she was going to end up with a Spider it would probably be Miles since there's less of an age difference and less competition with other love interests.

Not to mention his relationships with other Superheroes (Carol, Mockingbird) never go anywhere.
    Agree with you on Laura/Miles being a better bet, though as I said before, I could see Laura/Ultimate Jessica Drew, as they were both created by very shady individuals for the purpose of weaponizing their genetic source material, but worked to develop their own identities and senses of self over time. As for Peter's relationships with other superheroes never going anywhere, that's largely editorial fiat more than anything else, but Peter retaining a secret identity whereas most superheroes these days have discarded theirs and are pretty much full-time certainly doesn't help matters upon closer examination. That said, given your mention of O5!Cyclops and the ship that never got out of the harbor, I'd say that a lot of the attraction lies in how it alters the nature of the tension Logan has with most of those characters, even though Laura is definitely her own person and not just a clone of Logan (especially with Adamantium Agenda revealing at the end that she really is his daughter, for better or worse).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would actually be a fun train wreck, if we go for your scenario. I think a lot of the mileage this pairing gets comes from it adding a certain twist on the relationship Laura's (genetic, now actual) father has with Peter, in that as much respect and camaraderie as Peter and Logan have for/with each other, they're ultimately too different to be best buds. The same could be true of Peter and Laura, although as of the All-New Wolverine series, Laura has been trying very hard to refrain from lethal force unless absolutely necessary, so she and Peter might not be so far apart there. That said, I do see your point about Peter's snark rubbing Laura the wrong way, even if I could still imagine her cracking a (small) smile when she thinks Peter can't see her face, and I could see Gabby getting along better with Peter than Laura does, much to Laura's consternation since that would mean Peter being around (her) more. Think of the bloody hilarity that could ensue!

Agree with you on Laura/Miles being a better bet, though as I said before, I could see Laura/Ultimate Jessica Drew, as they were both created by very shady individuals for the purpose of weaponizing their genetic source material, but worked to develop their own identities and senses of self over time. As for Peter's relationships with other superheroes never going anywhere, that's largely editorial fiat more than anything else, but Peter retaining a secret identity whereas most superheroes these days have discarded theirs and are pretty much full-time certainly doesn't help matters upon closer examination. That said, given your mention of O5!Cyclops and the ship that never got out of the harbor, I'd say that a lot of the attraction lies in how it alters the nature of the tension Logan has with most of those characters, even though Laura is definitely her own person and not just a clone of Logan (especially with Adamantium Agenda revealing at the end that she really is his daughter, for better or worse).
    no. Miles & Spider-Gwen.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    I hope Marvel allows PP and MJ to get back together.
    Failing that, PP should date someone who is not a superhero or has superpowers.
    They are back together
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Is this a Darth Fury thread?
    I thougth exactly the same