View Poll Results: How would you like Saga to be adapted for the screen?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Film - live action

0 0%
  • Film - animated

0 0%
  • TV series - live action

1 25.00%
  • TV series - animated

0 0%
  • No preference, just get more Sage in front of my eyeballs!

0 0%
  • I don't want to see Saga adapted for screen

3 75.00%

Default Would you want to see Saga as a movie or Tv series?

I know both creators seem to turn the idea of a Saga movie down but would you want to see a movie or series? I don't know why but at times I would like an animated series done.
    Last edited by TotalSnorefest; 09-09-2018 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Mod edit: Added a poll to this thread!

Someone tried making a lil' motion comic of it a few years ago, see here on Youtube if you want.

That said, I probably wouldn't watch it. A good 70% of the appeal of Saga is Fiona Staples' artwork for me, and I'm not confident that will be captured well when moving into animation. Could be wrong of course, and admittedly the fight scenes in Saga always lack a bit of a punch because they use so many large panels, but I would be worried about it becoming a cheap looking production. Live-action is entirely out of the question for me, the budget would need to be immense if you don't want it to look goofy.

But honestly, my main reason is that comics are short to read - I watch like 3 tv show seasons a year max, they just take forever. Even if Saga did 20-30 minute episodes and condensed some storylines, you're still looking at some 15-20 hours of video. And the series might not even be halfway done yet, so doubling that may need to occur. I'm not gonna make that time investment for something I've already enjoyed reading - unless the adaptation is absolutely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    A good 70% of the appeal of Saga is Fiona Staples' artwork for me, and I'm not confident that will be captured well when moving into animation.
    I have to agree. As gorgeous the story is, I feel they'd need a Game of Thrones level budget to manifest the worlds of Saga without incredible artistic liberties. Characters like Ianthe and The Stalk on television would pale in comparison to their reveals on the page, and that's the real tragedy.

TV series. There's just far too much rich content that would need to be skimmed through/ripped out for the shallow escape story the movie would have to be.

Maybe an animated series would be cool?

Definitely too much story to fit into a movie, so series would be my pick. Animated would probably work best, especially of Fiona Staples was involved.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Default Poll added!

There's a poll in this thread now, so people can vote for their preference if they have any. Hope that adjustment's okay!