Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    For a generation, COIE was a farewell to the DC of their childhood and adolescence. The only analogy I can think of is the 60s generation learning that the Beatles had broken up.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I probably would've been pissed if I was alive at the time but I'm glad I got to read all that history at once rather then wait and wait until it all got wiped away in a reboot. It's not like that would happen now except without an awesome farewell.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I probably would've been pissed if I was alive at the time but I'm glad I got to read all that history at once rather then wait and wait until it all got wiped away in a reboot. It's not like that would happen now except without an awesome farewell.
    But not all of DC's history got "wiped away" by CoIE. Unlike the New 52, DC did try to keep quite a bit of the past history/stories in tact, though sometimes they had to make changes when certain characters were no longer in play. (An easy example of that is the Justice League of America's origin, where Black Canary replaced Wonder Woman in that role.)
    Yes, Superman's and Wonder Woman's backstories were taken away, but many other heroes weren't as impacted.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But not all of DC's history got "wiped away" by CoIE. Unlike the New 52, DC did try to keep quite a bit of the past history/stories in tact, though sometimes they had to make changes when certain characters were no longer in play. (An easy example of that is the Justice League of America's origin, where Black Canary replaced Wonder Woman in that role.)
    Yes, Superman's and Wonder Woman's backstories were taken away, but many other heroes weren't as impacted.
    DC tried to salvage what it could from the old continuity after COIE, but even so, major chunks of stuff were missing or altered beyond recognition. Post-COIE continuity was held together by metaphorical duct tape.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    DC tried to salvage what it could from the old continuity after COIE, but even so, major chunks of stuff were missing or altered beyond recognition. Post-COIE continuity was held together by metaphorical duct tape.
    Part of that problem was the screwed up decisions about adding in the Hawkworld continuity when they did. Every time they tried to patch that up, it seemed to create two other problems.