Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I thought Michael Fassbender's Erik Lensherr/Magneto was the best in First Class. I always loved the theatrics and look of Doctor Doom, but if I had to choose my favourite villain of all time, it would be Magneto. I really loved a lot of elements that went into Magneto in First Class. I liked that he had a mission that wasn't about world domination or mutant rights. He just wanted revenge. Things changed quite a bit when he met Xavier and things really took form for him, as far as the person he'd become in the future at the end of the movie.

When it was revealed that X-Men: First Class was a re-purposed X-Men Origins movie about Magneto, I wasn't surprised one bit.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Which one. I'm torn between Pfeiffer and Hathaway.
    The Bob Kane and Bill Finger version. And most near everyone who wrote her afterwards. The Doug Moench version was another one of my favorites. Also liked what Tom King did with Catwoman up until issue #50.

Sauron from Tolkien books and movie adaptations. He is the ultimate behind the scene Big Bad who we don't really get to see or hear from; yet all his actions affect everyone and everything in Middle-Earth.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The Bob Kane and Bill Finger version. And most near everyone who wrote her afterwards. The Doug Moench version was another one of my favorites. Also liked what Tom King did with Catwoman up until issue #50.
    Yeah, you're not wrong, but this is a TV/Film Thread. What performance is your favorite Catwoman?

Loved Michelle, sweat just thinking about her. But my absolute fave Catwoman moment on screen is when Hathaway shifts from mousey to feline with the subtlest of posture/facial changes.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, you're not wrong, but this is a TV/Film Thread. What performance is your favorite Catwoman?

Loved Michelle, sweat just thinking about her. But my absolute fave Catwoman moment on screen is when Hathaway shifts from mousey to feline with the subtlest of posture/facial changes.
    If we are just restricting it to TV and film then Julie Newmar. She stole, she flirted, she made snappy remarks, she slinked around, she played with Batman like a cat plays with a mouse, she was even
    Batman's ally a time or two, even if she did betray him at the end. It was rather mature as compared to a lot of other villains in the show, there was definitely sexual tension there.
    Anne Hathaway does come closest to the more modern comic book version though. Michelle gave a great performance but if you actually dissect it, she didn't really do all that much Catwoman-ey stuff.
    It was mostly a revenge fantasy. I don't think she even stole anything.

Kirei Kotomine is such an excellent foil to his adversaries named Emiya. He’s my favorite character period, not just favorite villain.

I happen to enjoy when villains are really petty, when they can just enjoy small acts of spite, and Kirei just has so much fun with those little moments. But he’s more than that, and at times he displays valour that make him seem positively noble compared to some others in his franchise.

He’s also quite often a meta-commentator in Fate stay/night, tragically so due to his nature, born capable only of enjoying the suffering of others while being aware that no one else is like that or quite understands it. I’ve always been the black sheep of my family in terms of what I enjoy, (nerd stuff) so that part of him is extremely relatable to me, more so than any other character in fiction.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

The Joker's just pure evil. None of this 'You'll come to see I'm right' stuff. He's just pure, undiluted evil.

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    The Joker's just pure evil. None of this 'You'll come to see I'm right' stuff. He's just pure, undiluted evil.
    The funny thing is the most famous Joker story, The Killing Joke is about him trying to prove he's right and everyone is just like him.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    The funny thing is the most famous Joker story, The Killing Joke is about him trying to prove he's right and everyone is just like him.
    Except for that, yeah.

Retired

Hard to think of many villains that are favourites. I have favourite heroes, not many favourite villains. But when I was a kid, I'd get absolutely giddy whenever Siegfried (Bernie Kopell) was in a GET SMART or Dr. Miguelito Loveless (Michael Dunn) was in a WILD WILD WEST. As soon as those scenery-chewers showed up, I knew I was in for a good time. Also Catwoman (Julie Newmar) in a BATMAN, because she was so purr-fect.

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    Sauron from Tolkien books and movie adaptations. He is the ultimate behind the scene Big Bad who we don't really get to see or hear from; yet all his actions affect everyone and everything in Middle-Earth.
    I agree about the books version of him. Tolkien did a pretty impressive job making a threat out of a dude you just hear about. No giant fire eyeball in top of Barad Dur, no fancy intro about the battle of the last alliance or some creepy whispering, no, but when a guy like Gandalf looks like he's going to **** his grey panties just talking about Sauron while still in the safety of the shire, you know that bad guy is the real deal.

Incredible Member

Going with another favorite: David Xanatos

he's close to a perfect villain. cunning, humble and able to capitalize on pretty much anything.

The man that can convince his enemies to be his allies.

He also won over the audience to his side.

All-New Member

As a Stargate SG-1 fan, my favorite villain of all time is Ba'al, hands-down. He was clever, ruthless, and unpredictable while still managing to be an engaging, even likeable character. For anyone who hasn't seen the show, I can't recommend it highly enough.