Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default What do you love the most about your favorite villain?

Everyone has their favorite villains. They are the people who help make the hero, they raise the stakes and they also usually have the best lines. They are the cause for the conflict and without them...well, there wouldn't really be much of a story, would there? They help us to define the notion of good vs. evil (though there are a lot of grey-area villains).

Each and every villain has that one thing that we all love about them. For me, my favorite villain is The Joker from The Dark Knight. What I loved the most is how he managed to bring out the worst in the three men opposing him: He drove Harvey Dent to total insanity and made him a killer. After that, Batman and Jim Gordon were so afraid of the truth of Harvey's action coming out and its impact on Gotham that they decided to name Batman as the killer instead. Because they didn't believe in Gotham being able to handle the truth. The worst part? They were proven right in the third film, when Bane revealed the truth. None of this would have happened without the Joker manipulating events. What an impact he had.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnFillory View Post
    After that, Batman and Jim Gordon were so afraid of the truth of Harvey's action coming out and its impact on Gotham that they decided to name Batman as the killer instead.
    Which made no sense at all to me. Why not blame the Joker for the killings?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Which made no sense at all to me. Why not blame the Joker for the killings?
    Joker is alive and in custody.
    Which means him testifying, plus DNA evidence and what not.

Its easy to say Batman did it.
    If you say this guy we caught did it then you actually have to prove it in a court of law.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Joker is alive and in custody.
    Which means him testifying, plus DNA evidence and what not.

Its easy to say Batman did it.
    If you say this guy we caught did it then you actually have to prove it in a court of law.

You REALLY think the testimony of the Joker is going to carry any weight against that of Commissioner Gordon?

BANNED

You REALLY think the testimony of the Joker is going to carry any weight against that of Commissioner Gordon?
    Depends on what the physical evidence says. I'm pretty sure it would back up the Joker.

Of course you can falsify the evidence, but that would be starting a conspiracy to keep stuff covered up, just when they were about done getting rid of cops who would engage in that kind of thing.

Time of death alone would clear the Joker.

The Joker had henchmen. I don't think they tried very hard because IITS.

Mighty Member

The Joker had henchmen. I don't think they tried very hard because IITS.
    because of Information, Instruction, Training, and Supervision?

Incredible Member

Magneto.

you get where he's coming from and his introduction launched the modern comic book movie genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    because of Information, Instruction, Training, and Supervision?
    It's In The Script.

Mighty Member

Hans Gruber - So much poise, style, and INTELLIGENCE! No matter how much damage McClain did, Hans almost always was able to execute his plan to near perfection. He's a huge reason why Die Hard is considered one of, if not the best, action movies of all time.

Beast Wars Megatron - Because he's the greatest robot to ever claim the name Megatron. How does he pull this off? By basically being the Hans Gruber of Transformers. He's everything Hans is, only as a maniacal tyrant with advanced technology. Aliens unveil a super weapon to destroy Earth? Megatron calmly sees an opportunity to get rid of a rival (and gets to massively troll him in the process too before killing him and the super weapon. It was freaking epic!). So how does he follow that up? By executing a plan to wipe out humanity that only took one of fiction's greatest last stands to stop by the now legendary Dinobot. Surely Megatron couldn't top those things, could he? That's exactly when he point blank executes Optimus freaking Prime himself to wipe all Autobots and Maximals from history. All of that in just the first 2 seasons of Beast Wars. It pretty much makes the time he singlehandedly conquered Cybertron (the very premise of Beast Machines) later on look almost anti-climatic.

Fantastic Member

Here is an article (with comments) that can help: https://io9.gizmodo.com/who-is-the-m...ain-1828467210

Boisterously Confused

Darth Vader (at least before the Emperor showed up and reduced him to Henchman #1 With Deadbeat Daddy Issues in ROTJ). He was simply a force of nature.

Catwoman. Like her sassy attitude and free spirit.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Catwoman. Like her sassy attitude and free spirit.
    Which one. I'm torn between Pfeiffer and Hathaway.

Extraordinary Member

Killmonger he was like the perfect super-villain can't think of one thing tho.